Author Topic: Hyde Admendment  (Read 5433 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hyde Admendment
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »
Not to mention that innocent in the context that sirs uses innocent life, is that the unborn child has yet to commit a sin, as in murder, adultery, stealing, etc.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »
It is not a child at all.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 09:32:46 AM »
 I think that scripture is not firmly in favor of murder on the grounds that we all deserve it from the first moment , if you really want that argument you may have it , but remember that nobody gave it to you but yourself.
==============================================================
I reject the entire Bible as being the ultimate authority on anything. Original Sin is simply a concept invented by the clergy to make themselves necessary to everyone. I reject that as well.

I mention the Bible here because it seems to be the source of your lame arguments regarding abortion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »
It is not a child at all.

Yes, it is.  Simply not yet born.  And here's another news flash, there are plenty of folks, who are not even religious, yet also don't support the killing of an unborn child
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
Either one is innocent or one is guilty. Most sects of Christianity, needing to certify that Everyone needs Jesus, claim that because Adam & Eve took bad culinary advice from a talking reptile, ALL of humanity is guilty by association and inheritance and doomed to Hellfire unless they accept Jesus as their personal savior. There is not one other nation on this planet, except the Democratic Republic of (North) Korea that punishes children for the sins of their elders (and vice versa), but according to the Bible, or at least the usual interpretation of it, all are guilty.

You cannot be partly guilty of sin. Either you are or you are not. So the ostensibly "innocent" life that sirs keeps referring to is just as guilty in God's eyes as Adolf Hitler himself. The RC Church has a place called Limbo where souls too young to realize that they sinned by eating some other baby's Pablum or playing with his tallywhacker are held until they are prayed out by pious adults, especially ones that invest in candles.
I di not believe any of this crap, but sirs, who has called himself a Christian, apparently does, so I am accusing him of ignorance of his own religion.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »
I think that scripture is not firmly in favor of murder on the grounds that we all deserve it from the first moment , if you really want that argument you may have it , but remember that nobody gave it to you but yourself.
==============================================================
I reject the entire Bible as being the ultimate authority on anything. Original Sin is simply a concept invented by the clergy to make themselves necessary to everyone. I reject that as well.

I mention the Bible here because it seems to be the source of your lame arguments regarding abortion.

I was thinking that you brought up the Bible because you didn't want to discuss abortion itself, which, scripture or science , is indefensible.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
I find depriving a woman of her rights is more indefensible than abortion ever could be.

This "Right to Life" crap is clearly anti-woman's rights.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:40 AM »
So you think killing a woman would be a smaller matter than depriving her of a single certain choice?

The government deprives us of many choices , killing each other is one of those deprivations that is probably a good idea as often as not.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 03:02:34 AM »
Either one is innocent or one is guilty.

...of what???  Context actually matters here.  Ignorance is left to those who continue to hide in the cloak of vagueness

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 09:11:42 AM »
Guilty of the Original Sin. Guilty is guilty.

Two death sentences are no more threatening than one.

According to the Church, EVERYONE is guilty, even your ostensibly "innocent fetuses'.

Your use of this word simply indicates your ignorance of the religion you profess.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »
Then its a good thing that the context in which I was referring to sin, is analogus to the sins of the 10 commandments.  I mean, how would one attempt to do God's will of avoiding those sins, if he was forever condemned to be a sinner?  You see, as a Christian, we KNOW that Adam & Eve's act created the concept you're trying to push. 

However, Christ then died for us, and literally removed that sinful wardrobe.  We now, as humans, are commanded literally, to sin no more.  So, in that context, my comments regarding the innocent unborn child, who hasn't even been given an opportunity to sin, indeed makes them as innocent as rain water

So yea, courts condemning a murderer for 2 deaths, kinda refutes your ignorant use of the term fetus, in trying to dehumanize the child.  I feel for you come your judgement time
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:53:33 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »
You actually BELIEVE there was an Adam and an Eve?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa Stupid gullible shit!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »
Yea, I do.  You're the one trying to use the Bible to supposedly refute a Christian's faith and concept of sin.  So, since it appears you've tired of being raked over the coals as it relates to the context of how I used the term sin & innocent, by all means, prove that Adam & Eve didn't exist.....using science of course, not just your 99% wrong say so 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
You actually BELIEVE there was an Adam and an Eve?

HaHaHa.......

Why not?

Do you believe that the Leakey's found Lucy?

Do you think that anyone understands scripture completely, short of God himself I don't.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »
If I say that I rode in on a dinosaur, you would ask to see it.

If I said that you have to prove to me that I didn't ride in on a dinosaur, you would be justified in telling me that I was full of crap.

I suggest that the burden of proof is for you to prove to me that Adam, Eve and better yet, the talking snake existed. Unless you can do that, I say you are fulla crap.