Author Topic: Sweet Headboard!  (Read 4489 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sweet Headboard!
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
That was a joke, son.  It's hyperbole along the lines of an ever pressing government trying to make us "safer"......for our own good.  So the joke has a connection with current reality.  Where's your connection?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »
Sweet Coffee Table!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2014, 07:08:48 PM »
That should work with long rifles, but anything with a magazine will need to be placed on its side, and leaving the family with perhaps room for only 1 semi-automatic rifle.  I like the concept though    8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
Next, the best bed ever, with rifle compartments in the mattress, the best bippy ever, a toilet with built-in holsters, and of course, the highchair and crib with storage for derringers and ammo.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2014, 02:44:15 AM »
Well, if that's what you like, go for it.  Seems like a little overkill to me.  Perhaps you're projecting that which is inherently minuscule to you

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »
What is "overkill"?

There is definitely enough and not enough, is there a definite overkill?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 03:00:06 AM »
What is "overkill"?

It's defined as an excess of whatever it is one requires/needs

There is definitely enough and not enough, is there a definite overkill?

Yea......referred to as "more than enough".    8)    Based, of course, on the person's personal decision of what they themselves want.  If xo really wants a toilet with matching holsters, who am I to claim he doesn't need it, or shouldn't have it

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
I have a pantry with five days supply of canned food in it, this is overkill if the longest I am separated from the supermarket is three days.

But how do I know?

Preparing for what may happen one has to guess and put up with imprecision, because guessing the future is notoriously imprecise.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
I have a pantry with five days supply of canned food in it, this is overkill if the longest I am separated from the supermarket is three days.

But how do I know?

That's up to you, not anyone else.  Who am I to say "you have enough and shouldn't have any more of x"?

Preparing for what may happen one has to guess and put up with imprecision, because guessing the future is notoriously imprecise.

So true.  It's all about context and perspective.  Guessing future events is likely a justifiable reason for stocking up.  If others want to call it overkill, that's their problem.  But in the context that I was using overkill, as it relates to the above noted furniture ideas, is more akin to taking 20 fishing poles on a river fishing trip with just your best friend in tow

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »
  Well... you are right , when it comes to weapons being prepared is subjective and personal.

A large number of people who make no preparation at all will be ok, a few that prepare with potent weapons will be overwhelmed by the unexpected.

You just have to make the decision based on your own best judgment , and your experience and worldview will shape that differently for you than me.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:25:04 PM by Plane »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 11:45:39 AM »
My guess is that most survival food will be thrown out with the trash and never eaten at all.

Preston Slater was the owner of my home town Western Auto store. He was the father of a classmate. We built a homecoming float at his home in 1958. That was when his daughter showed us his bomb shelter under the garage. It was stocked with dried food and had its own generator. He was determined to see to it that his family survived the coming Nuclear Holocaust.  He died of a heart attack in 1962. Of course he had insurance, so he passed the house on to his daughter. She died of a heart attack in 2000. Eventually the house was sold, and there was an article in the local paper about the bomb shelter. The Realtor® of course, knew nothing about it, and neither did any of the neighbors.  They ran several photos of all the stockpiles of food and supplies, including the Geiger counter.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 09:23:23 PM »
http://media.wix.com/ugd/69dd09_3bd4cc1630cb4e9591236915ee07064b.pdf

Gunsafes one of those things where heavy is good.

Certainly needs to resist breaking in and must be impossible to open accidentally, ...... but

If the thing isn't hard to move , there is not much point in having it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked: