Author Topic: have you heard of this man?  (Read 3172 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
have you heard of this man?
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:41:12 AM »
He`ll likely spark an outcry about how evil men are to women

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isla-vista-rampage/california-shooting-suspect-elliot-rodgers-life-rage-resentment-n113996

I may sound i have a slight beef toward feminist but it`s really about I`ve gone as far I can go to support them and I have other worthy cause that needs my attention.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: have you heard of this man?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
Women may on occasion be cruel to some men, but as a rule men are more cruel to women, if anyone is tallying the score.

It seems to me that this kid was extremely spoiled, and perhaps did not fit in because he was half Malaysian, loved his mother more than his father (whom he resented for marrying a Moroccan woman) and was mentally unstable due to some sort of genetic imbalance.

He should never have been permitted to own a gun.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »
latest data stated nothing legally could of prevented this. he mental state prior gave no warning bells. this reminded of that guy who kidnapped that girl for over a decade and was under social services which the whole time nothing indicated he had the girl. that incident is being researched for psych data for future detection. It`s a strange reality that the lay person will think anyone can dectect a mentally imbalanced person but the truth is more likely untrue.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »
Insurance companies do not like to provide mental health services. They are expensive and the cure rate is difficult to measure. So we ignore mental diseases. What we are seeing is a bunch of people who had neither the power nor the ability to identify an obviously crazy guy saying, "No ees my fault!".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:56:44 AM »
He should never have been permitted to own a gun.

So the 3 he killed with a blade, were ok to be killed??  See, this is the problem with folks who's ideological focus has such a narrow prism for objective insight.  It wasn't the gun....it was Rogers.  You don't infringe on the rights of everyone else, in some knee jerk proclamation that he shouldn't have been able to own a gun

So, seriously asking here:

what law currently on the books would have prevented this?

what law would you propose that does NOT infringe on the rights of every other law abiding citizen, that would have prevented this?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:01:42 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »
The only avenue that may have prevented this is when he had his mental health issues when he was younger, put a flag in his record that both law enforcement and FFL dealers have immediate access to, so when he applieds, those agencies can more intesively ascertain his mental stability in owning a firearm.  The problem with that however is that it'll disuade folks from seeking mental health to begin with. 

So, which is the avenue to pursue?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
The one that prevents nuts like this from acquiring guns, of course.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »
I`m trying to point out that such avenue may not yet exist and his condition may not be obvious . I know two workplace mental breakdowns so I personally know how difficult it can be to have a system to detect such situation. correction two mental breakdown and one very disturbed person who got let go. the supervisor got very pissed when she found out how obviously disturbing he was after the fact and yell at everyone to tell her if something similiar happens again.

detecting a person who is harmful is not easy. look at the known characteristics. ( quiet guy ,keeps to himself)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »
Precisely my point Kimba.  It's easy, and I'll add intellectually lazy to try to make this about the gun, while actually addressing the problem, and mechanicms of trying to prevent such killings are far more complicated, if not impossible.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
strange just now I`ve been reading about parents of children sports which begs the thought how do you tell which violent behaviour is bad? thjose sports parents are likely more noticeable than rogers. A parent actually put blades on his sons football helmet.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Violent behavior shouldn't be confused with competative, or even aggressive behavior.  Then we start banning anything and everything that dares to promote extending onself, trying to be better.  Its far easier to compare and compete against others than it is to compete against yourself.

As for the blades on the helmet......suffice to say I'd throw the book at them, and keep them behind bars for a nice extended time

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 05:30:35 PM »
the kid got expelled and the father got some serious charges on him that he got multiple penalties which includes several thousand hours of community service. but remember this is a example of negative outcomes of competition. true it`s a very small percentage but it has gotten out of hand that many kids sport are now being cautious about how parents are acting. I believe the inventor of little league himself was repulse by it also.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:36:04 PM by kimba1 »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
The one that prevents nuts like this from acquiring guns, of course.

So it was ok for him to have a knife/machete??    :o

Let's ask it again;

what law currently on the books would have prevented this?

what law would you propose that does NOT infringe on the rights of every other law abiding citizen to own a gun, that would have prevented this?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:32:41 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »
People should have to prove they are sane before issuing a gun permit.

I believe that everyone is guaranteed the right to own a black powder, single shot weapon to use in his well-organized militia.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »
So, the decision as to who is allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment right is............. a psychologist?  How would that legislation look like?  Perhaps we need to have everyone's free speech right approved by.....a certified lingustics professor?  Is that how it works?