Author Topic: What's good for the goose....  (Read 3476 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's good for the goose....
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 07:48:07 PM »
Yeah, RETIRED brain surgeon and another Herman Cain.

The Republican Party will need another fifty years before it nominates a Black presidential candidate, That is, if it lasts that long.

I would like to understand better why you would think this.

Why is the size and power of the government a racially charged issue?

Wasn't the federal and state government law and courts near the root of the problems that carried us to the Civil War?

The Dred Scott decision was an artifact of the Supreme Court , no?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 12:11:57 AM »
The Republican't Party of today unites the worst features of the Whigs and the Old Dixiecrats and has no resemblance whatever in any way to the party of Lincoln.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »
Examples, minus the hyperbolic exagerations would be nice
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 12:26:40 AM »
The Republican't Party of today unites the worst features of the Whigs and the Old Dixiecrats and has no resemblance whatever in any way to the party of Lincoln.

Most of the Dixiecrats  have died or retired , as Democrats of course.

Why in the world would the party of Lincoln ever stop being the party of Lincoln?

I was once in pursuit of a burglar, and a guy popped out of the bush and shouted , "He went that way!" He was, of course, the burglar.

In the middle of the sixties it became apparent that the political pull of racism was waning , which is a good explanation of why the Democrats abandoned the constituency, but it leaves wanting the explanation of why any other party would then adopt them.

The better explanation is that the party of Jim Crow jumped into the bush and leaped out again to shout "Racist" at the party of Lincoln.

I know that the Nixon "southern strategy" is a famous code word , but what it means really is that Richard Nixon never did a single thing to benefit the cause of White Supremacy nor did he do anything at all to preserve segregation.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
Reagan was the guy that made the promise of restoring Jim Crow when he started off his campaign in 1980 in Philadephia, Mississippi, a nasty little redneck town celebrated for racism, segregation and murder of civil rights workers. It meant that he planned to forget about prosecuting lynchers, and indeed, that is exactly what he did. And that is when Lincoln was kicked out of the GOP except for symbolic purposes.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
Piffle.

Philadelphia Mississippi is where the facilities are, if you want to do anything in that state where would you start?If you believe Reagan ever promised any particular thing to racists or ever did anything to benefit the cause of white supremacy , then you would believe anything.

I think he is liable to grace the face of our currency pretty soon , when surveyed Americcans scored him only one point below Dr.MLK Jr.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
So, no examples.  No surprise there
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
So, no examples.  No surprise there

No XO just likes Nixon.

I wouldn't have guessed it , but there it is.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
 ;)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 06:13:44 PM »
I pretty much despised Nixon, and Agnew, his corrupt VEEP as well. Nixon promised a secret plan to end the war in Vietnam. We know from his tapes that Nixon disliked Blacks and Jews as well. But he did less harm internally than did the band og thugs and thieves who trotted old Reagan up and used him as everyone's kindly old grandfather while the mongered wars, destroyed the S&L's and did a major clusterfuck on Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras.

My college is right near the Opa Locka Airport, where they were deploying all sorts of crap to Salvador to keep the peasantry in like with death squads, assassination of nuns and such. The AC at the college was broken, and we had to prop a fan in the classroom door, From 8AM to 7PM, there was a USAF cargo plane taking off every 20 minutes.

In Guatemala, the government of Efrain Rios Montt, who was a good buddy of Reagan and some sort of holy roller, was exterminating the various Maya tribes so they could plunder the oil.  They have found enough evidence to prosecute the old bastard, but for some reason it is going slowly.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »
So , in spite of  RMN being an all around bastard, he didn't ever find advantage in giving to White Supremacy what it wanted?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
Nixon did not much like Jews or Blacks, but he was not a rabid anti-semite or a segregationist. He did not need to affiliate himself with the rabid segregationists to get elected. They did not trust him much. If they had, Wallace would not have gotten so many votes in 1968 and 1972. In 1960, Nixon did not have to cater to Black voters, as they were few and mostly uninfluential.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 01:48:25 PM »
Nixon did not much like Jews or Blacks, but he was not a rabid anti-semite or a segregationist. He did not need to affiliate himself with the rabid segregationists to get elected. They did not trust him much. If they had, Wallace would not have gotten so many votes in 1968 and 1972. In 1960, Nixon did not have to cater to Black voters, as they were few and mostly uninfluential.

Hahahaha!

I do not think much of this is true.

If you think the racist vote and the black vote both insignificant, what does this do to your theory of Nixon and Reagan having a "Southern strategy"?

Nixon was hugely pragmatic , when he felt the pulse of the people he appealed to it, when you see his promises , you see his understanding of what the people wanted , isn't that a good yardstick for the truth about the people?

Nixon really didn't promise segregationists anything , he didn't need them. Hubert Humphrey promised negative segregation  as a Democrat he felt the need to separate his party from the segregation that had been a plank of the party in earlier times , but which was becoming a dead weight and a drogue rather than an asset.

But with White Supremacy cast off by the Democrats , who found no benefit in carrying it further , why would any other party lift up this dead weight?

No , the Republicans did not welcome racism when the Democrats got religion, rather the Democrats  practiced calumny. Isn't that better sense?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 05:35:30 PM »
...and that's the "Plane truth"     8)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
Reagan was full of crap.

You are full of crap.

I pay my taxes and I have received very modest benefits over the years from the government. A $2000 NDEA loan was forgiven because In taught in rural schools, and Social Security, which I contributed to since I was 15.