Author Topic: Targeting militias  (Read 17463 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Targeting militias
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:25:31 PM »
is too early to gauge the impact of the arrest of the deputy health minister. Nor is it clear what will happen.

But the Mehdi army does appear to be feeling the pressure as a result of this targeted US approach - with many of its members now keeping their weapons out of sight and many of its leaders having left the capital.

There are fears it could simply be biding its time though, waiting for the pressure to relent.

E-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6344065.stm

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Targeting militias
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:45:21 PM »
<<There are fears it could simply be biding its time though, waiting for the pressure to relent. >>

or popping up elsewhere when least expected.  Is anyone surprised that they didn't elect to stand and fight?

The Mehdi Army KNOWS that they will be in Iraq for the rest of their lives, as will their children and their children's children.  Can the occupaton forces say the same thing?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:48:38 PM »
<<There are fears it could simply be biding its time though, waiting for the pressure to relent. >>

or popping up elsewhere when least expected.  Is anyone surprised that they didn't elect to stand and fight?

The Mehdi Army KNOWS that they will be in Iraq for the rest of their lives, as will their children and their children's children.  Can the occupaton forces say the same thing?

Of course not , but the rest of the life of the Mehdi army might not be as long as the US stay.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 01:39:37 AM »
<<Of course not , but the rest of the life of the Mehdi army might not be as long as the US stay.>>

No, that's why I added the lives of their children and their children's children.  The only Americans who will stay there longer than that will be the ones who are buried there.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 09:15:53 AM »
<<Of course not , but the rest of the life of the Mehdi army might not be as long as the US stay.>>

No, that's why I added the lives of their children and their children's children.  The only Americans who will stay there longer than that will be the ones who are buried there.

They can be dead too.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »
The odds are that the U.S. will bug out well within the lifetime of the current Resistance fighters, if history and the polls are any guide.  Nice sick fantasy, though.  Too bad about all those dead rednecks.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 05:11:19 PM »
The odds are that the U.S. will bug out well within the lifetime of the current Resistance fighters, if history and the polls are any guide.  Nice sick fantasy, though.  Too bad about all those dead rednecks.

I think of your longing for Americans to die as a sick fantasy too .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »

I think of your longing for Americans to die as a sick fantasy too .

Isn't it, though     
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 06:18:54 PM »
<<I think of your longing for Americans to die as a sick fantasy too .>>

Nothing sick about it.  They've got it coming.  And if Muslims invaded YOUR country, they'd have it coming too. 

But what's really sick about your fantasies is that the people dying have done nothing wrong apart from living on top of oil that your greedy sick leadership covets.

The_Professor

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 10:29:54 AM »
MT, why place this in a religious context, e.g. Christians versus Muslims? Isn't this pandering to the side of irrationality. This conflcit, of whcih I never espoused, was and is NOT about religion at all. To place it in that context, only lets the radical militiais CONTROL the context and provide yet another reason to kill our troops over there. This conflict was and is about POWER.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:54:00 PM by The_Professor »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
MT, why place this in a religious context, e.g. Christians versus Muslims? Isn't this pandering to the side of irrationality.

I think you need to consider who you're responding to, Professor       :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

The_Professor

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »
Which is why I stopped visiting for a while. It simply gets tiring....<sigh>

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 04:57:14 PM »

You are welcome to contribute , but do not feel compelled.

Some people enjoy one thing ,some another.

The_Professor

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »
It is called "beating a dead horse."

Honest difference of opinion is stimulating, Irrationality is depressing. :-)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 05:23:08 PM »

Understandibly so.  Which is why Brass & I initiated the public financing thread, and why I introduced the to war or not, thread.  We look forward to your input on those, as well