Author Topic: I see that when XO...  (Read 3824 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I see that when XO...
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:14:33 AM »
    XO must be on vacation or something.

Take note of how things have slowed down here while he is elsewhere.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I see that when XO...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
It's understandable, in that he provides different, and frequently opposing points of view, loaded with lots of debate potential.  As it is, there's nothing that prevents us from not only keeping dialog interesting, but we could even attempt to "argue the other side" of various topics.  I'll take a stab

We often hear that liberal policies are grounded in emotion, and lack both reason and logic.  Is that a bad thing?  Aren't some of our best decisions made "from the gut"?  Think of it as a poor man's "spidey sense".  Yea, we could be wrong, but what if we're right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
sorry sirs it still feels a touch biased against. kinda like someone saying I envy a man with a small d$%k.

ex.  lack both reason and logic

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »
*snicker*.....perhaps.  But the point was made, in that from a conservative standpoint, liberal logic so often indeed defies logic, so while my question was posed to "argue the other side", it was done sincerely    8)   How/what would you pose, in trying to support a position you generally don't agree with?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
    Ah!.... you understand exactly!

Debating the opposite side , without agreeing , is possible , but I don't want to be assigned a side I hope looses , I probably couldn't do as well as someone determined to make the best argument.

I don't know how to attract another one , XO was remarkably persistent and in this context that is a high virtue. I hope he returns pretty soon.

Imagine the dialog, "That Obama what a bonehead..."
                                         "yep"
                                          "yep"
                                            "yep"

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
I hope XO is ok.

That's what's crazy about on-line life.
Somebody you know only on-line could be sick or dead
and heck you might not know it...in fact you probably wouldn't know it.
I've often had a gut feeling that "Michael T" may have died,
and we just never found out about it...I mean how would we?
"Michael T" had some health issues and was no spring-chicken.
I certainly hope he is ok, but my gut tells me otherwise.

In the old Yahoo chat days I would sometimes play the devil's advocate on some issues
because I thought it would give me better insight into an issue to argue both sides.

On slower Sunday mornings...when i was bored
I would argue the African American point of view that they are "owed"
something by whites even today...whites that had nothing to do with slavery
but indirectly in some way benefited from slavery in a very round-about way.

I wish we could attract new members....
I tried joining another political message posting board
and hell every time I posted something within 2 hours
there was like 30 responses....there was no way I could
stay up with that kind of pace trying to respond to each one.
So there is a negative to not enough members and also with too many members!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »
I've actually presented this forum as another option for my facebook friends.  Many have looked in as visitors, but no contributions as of yet

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 11:58:41 PM »
Actuallly i often here want to give opposing view to a subject but tend to decide against since I fear I'll be asked where i get my source and then dont bother anymore. I actually type alot of responses here but I look at the final daft and at the end decide to not post

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
You have to manage your participation such that you either enjoy the argument or teach or learn.

I like the learning opportunity , I enjoy a bit of sparring, teaching something , even with proofs, can be tough.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »
I find it valuable to hear differing ideas and I often qoute stuff said here my talks to people.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 08:12:44 AM »
I was indeed on vacation,and where I was I needed to use an internet cafe, which involved a trip on as motoconcho (the rear seat of a motorcycle), and I had a lot to do.

I see you seem to have lacked for stuff to say. Not surprising.

Once again, I note that the logic seems to escape those who write in the press about Israel's umpteenth invasion of Gaza, the largest concentration camp on the planet, where people are sentenced to be incarcerated from the moment they are born until they die just for being Gazans. And everyone is so surprised that they show their anger by voting for the fanatical Hamas Party and a few play with rockets just to tell the world that "We are still here, still pissed and determined to let you know this."

I think that Gaza is hopeless. In the unlikely state that a Gaza Mahatma Gandhi or  Gaza MLK should arise, I doubt that he could do anything.

It seems to me that the leaders of both sides in the Palisrael conflict are simply afraid to make a deal, because the fanatics on each side would find it to be a bad deal and assassinate them.

The only hope arises at the end of the second term of a US president, at most two years out of every eight, and Netanyahu is a major genius at seeing to it that the precise right words are said so that there is no movement.

Personally. I say cut off aid to all of them. The situation is of their own making. No one in the US owes the Palestinians or the Israelis diddly-squat. No more tax breaks for Israeli causes, no more aid, no more nothing.

We should treat it exactly like we treat Kashmir or the protests of unhappy Uighars in China.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 10:58:55 AM »
I could be swayed for no more tax dollars sent to anything middle east.  Hope the vacation went well, xo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 11:08:07 AM »
I am for removing the tax dollars we are wasting now.

If I were some sort of Irish  IRA Provo fanatic, and I contributed to the IRA Provos, i would get thrown in jail. I would probably deserve it as well.

As a US taxpayer, I am taxed so Israeli Ultra Orthodox "Hebrew Scholars" so they can reproduce like rabbits and produce zilch. I also am taxed to pay for the Iron Dome.
Zionists can contribute to settling the West Bank and Hebron , and take it off their income taxes.

There is nothing I can do about this, but I would rather stop paying for the costs and deductions for Jews.

My vacation was just fine, thanks.

A Third World vacation always makes me thankful for living in the First World. Plus, I always lose weight, since I don't really like rice all that much.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 11:20:42 AM »
have fun

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »
I hope XO is ok.

That's what's crazy about on-line life.

This post is beautiful!

If Debategate 3DHS had a mission statement , it might look like this.