Author Topic: Robin Williams  (Read 6703 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Robin Williams
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2014, 02:56:57 PM »
That would be CU4 who said, and I quote,

is it "fair" to use very early stage Parkinson's as an excuse for suicide?

when the overwhelming majority of people with that disease dont take the suicide route?

can you quote any legitmate medical source or professional psychological source
that would ok suicide as justified when people have early stage Parkinson's disease?

if not, then why is ok for XO to obviously try and make it as a legitimate exuse?

==========================================================
I did not say that it was a "legitimate excuse". I said that Robin Williams thought it was a valid solution to hos situation, and said that no one NEEDS an excuse, valid or otherwise, to commit suicide. Robin William's suicide was not my decision.

CU4 presents me as some sort of enabler.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
At no time did any of that ever infer that he couldn't do anything to himself, including sucide.  He merely debates that he really didn't have a rational reason to commit suicide. 

But no one, including Cu4 has said Robin, or anyone else for that matter, can't do whatever they want to themselves.  That's the foundation of rights, in that you can do anything you want to yourself, so long as it doesn't impact the rights of someone else
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2014, 03:47:09 PM »
again the topic of suicide is that it`s wrong and a leaning toward a wrong decision to goto. but for some reason no talk on prevention . Williams has depression and Parkinson`s disease. but I just found yesterday It`s very common for people with PK to has increased level of depression.  I`m saying instead of saying Robin Williams made the wrong choice. why not say suicide might be a wrong choice so how we do try to cut those numbers down like  find more ways to reduce depression.  just pointing out how common the topic of suicide(in general) tends to go toward ( the highly unproductive practice) grave dancing.

I`ll will note Williams got much less attacks than is common. sadly I can`t say his daughter was spared ,it`s very disconcerting how bad internet trolls are.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2014, 04:06:28 PM »
That's a good observation, Kimba.  IIRC, certain meds for Parkinson's, reduce "inhibition", meaning that potentially where a person who's thinking about suicide will otherwise chose not to, the lack of inhibition could then allow the scale to tip the other way.  Just speculation of course, but there were a plethora of circumstances involved that ultimately made Robin think there was no way out.

This has always been an issue with me, as a Medical professional.....that of medications.  So many studies are done on side effects of certain medications, but not near enough studies are performed on the side effects when certain medications for differing diagnoses are thrown togehter
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »
don`t for forget some anti-depression meds starting side-effects is extreme depression.  so sometimes the treatment is a risk.

my intention is not make Williams a symbol or anything but simply a final wakeup call on certain issues that should get greater attention to treat and/or prevent. one article about him even encourage to use of the prevention hotline

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »
Robin Williams
Suicide Was 'Spontaneous'
NOT Premeditated

8/18/2014

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/18/robin-williams-suicide-planned-hanged-himself-death/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
Leads me back to my medication theory, if indeed he was on any Parkinson's meds

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »
I am all for people voluntarily calling suicide hotlines before offing themselves, because death being rather permanent. 

I really liked Robin Williams as an actor and would preferred to have him around, making films.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »
since I`ve been talking about it, I don`t recall seeing poster for those hotlines,not saying there not around but I think I just naturally ignore them. I just hope their more noticeable for those who need them

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »
Suicide.org will give these state by state.
I imagine if you were to call 911 and request a suicide hotline, you would find one immediately.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2014, 04:24:21 AM »
Interesting....it appears Rob Schneider is in agreement with mine and Kimba's theories, related to Parkinson's meds contributing to a higher risk of suicide. 

Rob however, seems to be going out there though and literally blaming the Pharmaceutical industry, specifically, for Robin's death.   ::)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2014, 05:08:04 AM »
I can't agree with blaming . I undestand his outrage . But  our reality has alot of could be done but didn't.  I'm  a believer we should simply learn from these things and go on. Blame tends to gum things up and often it deter the wrong things

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2014, 10:22:29 AM »
agreed.....Robin made this decision

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
I hope if this idiot Rob Schneider ever gets sick
he refuses to take drugs that are produced by
"The Evil pharmaceutical industry".
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »
actually he`s is like that. awhile back he hit a turning point which radically changed his worldview of things. strangely it had no effect on his comic skills at all. I heard him onsome podcast and he`s still sharp as ever. so on a personal level he`ll bore you about the trouble of the world but on the stage he`ll make you laugh till you can`t breathe.