Author Topic: Robin Williams  (Read 6693 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Robin Williams
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
Most drugs are highly effective, in my experience.

Some drugs are ineffective or have contraindications for certain people, and of course, not everyone follows the advice of their doctor, and take drugs together that should not be taken together.

Since Rob Schneider, who is not a doctor and does not even play one on television, does not know what drugs Williams might have been taking, there is no reason for anyone to take him seriously. It is conceivable that some prescription could have had some effect, and everyone has surely heard disclaimers on prescription drug ads that this or that might cause people to think about suicide. But Rob Schneider, like all comedians, seeks publicity.

Pharmaceutical companies have no interest in producing drugs that cause people to commit suicide.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
I`m on massive amounts of medications to stabilze my blood pressure. I often heard from people with way less medical knowledge than me(failed veterinary major) to just give up meds and go herbal or some holistic stuff. I know enough to be aware if I take their advice it can get fatal for me. also I kinda did that when I had no insurance so I know first hand it was a very bad idea.

just saying big pharma does have drugs that works very well but it`s just simply don`t work for everyone and sometimes has bad side effects. I bruise when I eat with large amounts of vitamin k

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »
I am impressed with all the pills I take. I have four prescriptions,and they all do exactly as they are supposed to.

Only one is not generic, so they are covered by my Medicare Advantage Plan. The generic one costs me $95 every three months.

There are thousands of prescription drugs, and people are different, so it is logical that not all work as well as they are intended.

I do not think that many drugs that can only be bought with a prescription should require a prescription. The prices of proprietary drugs are often way higher than the cost of developing and manufacturing merits.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »
But I do think that he had the indisputable right to choose (suicide) for himself.

I guess this State Trooper disagrees with you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhCMx3gQSZ4
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »
Oh, get serious!

If I were in Robin Williams house I would have probably done the same thing.

People have the right to try to kill themselves. Every once in a while, they succeed.

Legality is one thing, compassion is something different. I do not confuse the two.