Author Topic: Yo Lanya....Brass....Tee....  (Read 16864 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yo Lanya....Brass....Tee....
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
But not before urging him to run again when he was thinking about not running again and KNOWING that he had inappropriate discussions with an underage page.

What underage page? Age of consent in DC at the time was 16.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 03:11:10 PM »
Guffaw!

You're really reaching now.

Do you think christian conservatives are going to buy that shit and let this all fall away?

LOL :D

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »

Simple statement of fact.

No reaching needed.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 03:25:17 PM »
Guffaw!

Do you think christian conservatives are going to buy that shit and let this all fall away?

LOL :D

Just listen to this legalistic response:
"Foley did not have inappropriate sexual contact with a minor."

So...he had appropriate sexual contact with a 16 year old? Or he just didn't have sex with anyone who wasn't 16 yet? Or what?

"Foley is not a pedophile."
No, he only hunts for the kids who have reached puberty.  Whatta guy!

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 03:38:12 PM »
Just listen to this legalistic response:
"Foley did not have inappropriate sexual contact with a minor."

So...he had appropriate sexual contact with a 16 year old? Or he just didn't have sex with anyone who wasn't 16 yet? Or what?

"Foley is not a pedophile."
No, he only hunts for the kids who have reached puberty.  Whatta guy!

"Sorry, not buying.  None of the above.  Get back to me when you find something illegal, OK?  (I won't hold my breath)"

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 04:20:33 PM »
<<Show me anyone who's defending Foley's acts.  It can't get any easier than that.  Show us anyone who says what Foley did is best left to the privacy of Foley, that what he does in his own private life is no one else's business. >>

You keep missing the point, sirs.  Nobody defended Foley's actions.  The protection that was extended to him was in the inadequate response to what he did.  Telling him to knock it off and then ignoring the problem is not a sufficiently zealous defence of the pages.  It's more like a reluctance to press Foley, to cause a stink that might reflect back on the Party.

You seem to think that as long as they don't actually defend the guy, their handling of the situation was acceptable.  But it's not.  It's exactly like the shepherd who tells the wolf "Shoo!  Go away!" and then retires for the night.  He didn't defend the wolf.  ("Show me anyone who defended Foley's act.")  But whoever owns the sheep would be plenty pissed off to think that was ALL that the shepherd did in defence of the flock.

You just set a ridiculously lax standard for malfeasance.  If Hastert had defended Foley, he'd be fair game.  Unless he defended Foley, he doesn't deserve to be criticized.  That's bullshit.  Use the shepherd analogy and THINK about it for a minute.

<<While in this world, when a supposedly responsible man says he'll do better, without a pattern to go by . . . >>

Well, that's the problem right there, isn't it?  There IS something to go by, a pattern if you will.  A grown man, a powerful politician, DOES NOT ASK A 16-YEAR-OLD BOY WHO HE MET DURING THE KID'S TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT FOR A PHOTOGRAPH.  Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you?  Do you really think that is healthy normal behaviour?  Is it something that YOU would do?  You go around asking 16-year-old boys for their pictures?  You know God-damn well that is sick, and the guy is a sicko.  And they also could have sized up the vulnerability inherent in the relationship, adolescent gophers and powerful politicians.  And to just tell the guy, "Knock it off" and walk away, with no attempt to see how far this sickness has gone, who it's affected - - even in Middle America, even with the dumbest of the dumb, the schmucks who swallowed Bush's Iraq lies and fabrications without a question or a murmur, this will not fly.

<<From that one event. such as.....harrasing women while at various levels of executive leadership, like let say State AG, then Governor, and then President, the reasonable expectation is that the man we'll stay true to his word, unlike the wolf who doesn't know better, or an egregious womanizer who can't keep it in his pants . . . >>

Despicable that you would seek to avoid the moral cu;pability of Dennis Hastert, who FAILED TO PROTECT MINORS, who took absolutely no effective steps to protect minors, apart from telling the aggressor to "knock it off" and then never raising the subject again - - by referring to Clinton's wholly consensual and heterosexual tryst with Monica.  Harassing women?  Excuse me?  I thought it was MONICA who initiated the whole thing.  You sure as hell didn't hear any complaints from Monica.  She never e-mailed anyone that it was "sick sick sick sick sick."  It is not gonna work - - people know, as you should, that there is no comparison between consensual adult sex and a pervert who harasses teenage boys.  None at all.

<<Yet, THAT's what you, Brass, and Lanya keep implying is happening.  [that Foley is radioactive so the wagons aren't circling HIM any more]  Must be more of that upside down Tee tactic of no facts/evidence is proof . . . >>

Well, sirs, you tell me . . . are the Republicans still circling their wagons around Foley or have they pretty much left him to the wolves?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »
<<Sorry, not buying.  None of the above.  Get back to me when you find something illegal, OK?  (I won't hold my breath)>>

Kinda missing something aren't you? 

Most people don't give a shit that nothing illegal was done.  That's because most people have a heart.

You seem to forget that what's at stake are votes.  What the Republicans are concerned about is an election,  not a criminal trial. 

It's not illegal to stand by the shore laughing and watching a little kid drown in three feet of water without lifting a finger to help, but try doing that and then asking for votes.  This might surprise you, but you won't get any.  See that's the problem - - Hastert didn't do anything illegal but nobody's gonna vote for him anyway.  Because he doesn't give a shit.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 05:46:21 PM »
See that's the problem - - Hastert didn't do anything illegal but nobody's gonna vote for him anyway.  Because he doesn't give a shit.

Actually, I was talking about Foley. He hasn't done anything illegal, as far as I can tell. And neither has Hastert.

Besides, the votes don't seem to be a big deal. The Dems covered up something similar for 10 years, and the guy involved got re-elected 5 times after it came out.

Doesn't seem to be such a big deal for most. Only seems big among the liberals, who apparently like to dig into people's private lives and keep lists of people sexual predilections.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 06:08:49 PM »

Actually, I was talking about Foley. He hasn't done anything illegal, as far as I can tell. And neither has Hastert.

Besides, the votes don't seem to be a big deal. The Dems covered up something similar for 10 years, and the guy involved got re-elected 5 times after it came out.

Doesn't seem to be such a big deal for most. Only seems big among the liberals, who apparently like to dig into people's private lives and keep lists of people sexual predilections.
[/quote]

Illegal?  Maybe, maybe not.  The investigation is only now kicking off.

But even FOLEY admits that the messages (IM's and emails) were "totally inappropriate".  So, the original wagon circling done by BT and I think sirs won't fly either.  He admitted to sending all of it.

And the fact that he himself says they were "totally inappropriate" is enough to sink him and if Hastert is proven to have known about his behaviour then that is ample to sink him as well in the same way it has sank Fordham.  This is deep and the poo-poo'ing that you doing is totally outrageous and disgusting.

FBI Contacting Pages; Evidence Foley Solicited Sex

October 03, 2006 6:51 PM

Jason Ryan and Maddy Sauer Report:

Foley_fbi_nrFBI agents have begun to contact former congressional pages in the growing investigation of disgraced former Congressman Mark Foley, according to federal law enforcement officials.

At least one former page has reportedly offered evidence that Foley sought to solicit sex during instant message exchanges over the Internet.

The "preliminary investigation" appears to be heading towards a full field investigation, according to one official.
THE BLOTTER RECOMMENDS

* EXCLUSIVE New Excerpts of Instant Messages a Former Page Said He Had with Foley
    * New Foley Instant Messages: Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote
    * Click Here for More of the Brian Ross Home Page

Officials say Foley's extensive knowledge of child exploitation laws may have helped guide him as to how far he could go without violating the law.

Instant messages obtained by ABC News indicated Foley met or arranged to meet young men under the age of 18 who had been pages.

Despite the fact that Foley's attorney has said Foley admits to sending the "totally inappropriate" e-mails and IMs, the FBI has still not seized his computer and hard drive.

"Mark has absolutely agreed on his own and with our counsel not to do anything with any computer, not to delete any messages, not to obliterate or attempt to obliterate any IMs, e-mails, Internet communications," said Roth.

The FBI confirmed today that it has not drawn up a search warrant for the equipment because the investigation is still preliminary, and they are still examining the messages they've obtained so far.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 06:18:08 PM »
Illegal?  Maybe, maybe not.  The investigation is only now kicking off.

From your own article: "Officials say Foley's extensive knowledge of child exploitation laws may have helped guide him as to how far he could go without violating the law."

If it was not illegal, but only inappropriate, the solution in my mind is 1) give him a warning and 2) if it continues, ask him to resign. This is how "inappropriate" behaviour is handled in most other situations.

Still not seeing how anyone (except possibly Foley) has done anything wrong.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 06:25:10 PM »

[/quote]
Still not seeing how anyone (except possibly Foley) has done anything wrong.
[/quote]

So, then are you one of the people who is denying that there has been a concerted effort to circle the wagons?   Because if you are then you may not understand what the phrase "circle the wagons" means.

I mean you posts are the definition of the "circling the wagons".

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 06:52:25 PM »
<<Doesn't seem to be such a big deal for most. Only seems big among the liberals, who apparently like to dig into people's private lives and keep lists of people sexual predilections.>>

ROTFLMFAO.  Thanks for my laugh of the day.  So I guess it was the liberals who dug into Clinton's affair with Paula Jones and tried to crucify the guy for a consenting-adults BJ in the Oval Office.  That's hilarious. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2006, 06:57:39 PM »
<<Besides, the votes don't seem to be a big deal. The Dems covered up something similar for 10 years, and the guy involved got re-elected 5 times after it came out.>>

Yeah, well the Democrats never ran on "family values" or solicited votes from Bob Jones University, did they?  Never pushed for a Constitutional amendment to stop gay people from getting married, either.   Maybe you also missed the hypocrisy factor here.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 07:10:21 PM »
So, then are you one of the people who is denying that there has been a concerted effort to circle the wagons?   Because if you are then you may not understand what the phrase "circle the wagons" means.

The only wagon i circled concerned Hastert and the GOP Leadership against charges of a coverup that you made and still haven't provided evidense that they were aware of any messaging other than the emails.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »
<< . . . and still haven't provided evidense that they were aware of any messaging other than the emails.>>

Oh, the e-mails.  Right.  And, as we all know, the e-mails are as healthy and normal as they could be.  Hey, what 50-something guy WOULDN'T ask a cute teenage page for his photograph?  Happens all the time, right?

I think you're like Ami and sirs, BT.  You just focus on the fact that no laws were broken, which as I pointed out would be the case if he just watched a toddler drown in three feet of water, but most people (and even some Republicans) have higher standards than that.  A depraved indifference to the fate of the young and vulnerable, whether or not laws are broken, is not exactly a recipe for gathering more votes in America.  People tend to have a very low opinion of guys like Hastert, more interested in covering up scandal than they are in protecting vulnerable kids.  He might not be a law-breaker, but that doesn't mean he's a vote-getter.  So the Republicans - - yourself included - - circle your wagons around him, desperately chanting your mantra - - he didn't break the law!  he didn't break the law! as if it's gonna save you.  God, but you've got low standards.  Whatever doesn't get you in jail is OK, is that it?