Author Topic: France experiencing "Islamic-Creep"  (Read 5631 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: France experiencing "Islamic-Creep"
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
That just makes me more careful

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »
Very few people will die if they eat gluten. The adversion to it sounds more like a fad.

Meat will often be safe to eat even if spoiled, if it is well cooked. The Eskimos call it "stink meat"

But again, the Eskimos do not tend to live as long as non-Eskimos.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2014, 12:59:25 AM »
Eskimos has a very specific non varied diet of whatever they can eat in that area. So eating rotting meat will not be too much of an issue. But i have eaten rotten meat and no matter how much you sterilize it with the microwave it just doesn't help the taste. College life has it's challenge. Week old raw chicken then into the fryer is delicious. Very moist. But sometimes you get very sick. My upbring had me ingest alot of spoiled meat in my life. Lets just say if botulism ever breakout here I will survive.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »
Taste and nutrition are not the same things.

The custom of the English was to gut a quail or other game bird and let it "age" to improve the taste and texture. I cannot say that I know anything about taste and texture.

Until fairly recently, groceries advertised that they sold "aged" beef.

I think you need to cook something pretty well to kill all the bacteria. In addition, the actions of some bacteria before they are killed bhe heat of cooking can produce some toxins that are surely not good for you.

We must assume that for several thousands of years, humans ate only raw meat. There are no examples of gorillas, orangs, chimps or binabos cooking their meat, or washing their hands with soap and water.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »
I say it's quite taste but texture thats improve by ageing the bird.  Much more tender. I've had aged beef and texture is pretty improved but i was told i ate a bad batch so the taste wasn't that great.

I would guess our immune system was much better in the past so eating raw food was much less a problem. I know people who eat raw meat and it's more a novelty than taste that makes them eat it. Cooked food simply taste better.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »
We must assume that for several thousands of years, humans ate only raw meat. 

yeah and their life-spans sucked
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2014, 04:42:44 PM »
I know that cooked meat tastes a lot better to me. I think this is true for most people.

I never eat raw meat, other than sushi, which is seafood, and not much of that.

As for the lifespans of people before the use of fire, I don't think that the length of their lives is actually known. That was a very, very long time ago, Without fire, surely more froze to death. We only have a few bits of bone from such people. Fire is also helpful in avoiding being eaten by hyenas and other creatures.

All Mother Nature cares about is that humans live long enough to reproduce, and pass along the DNA. Evolution does not care about people after theyhave passed the usual childbearing age.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:03:15 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »
I agree also xo ,it's more like live long enough for the kids to get out of the cave . It's very doubtful they dont worry about getting eaten. Hell ,eskimos are rumors to leave there old out in the snow so lifespan is likely unknown on that part also.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2014, 11:48:38 PM »
Eskimos these days live in the US, Canada and Greenland, and all are to some degree given medical support and housing. The scene where the old grandmother, toothless from chewing hides to make them supple enough to make parkas out of, is left on an ice flow to drift away was in the film Nanook of the North, made in 1922 about some Canadian Eskimos, but based on real life observations of Mounties back in the early 1900's.

I don't think elderly toothless Eskimos are left out on the ice any more. They are given false teeth via Medicaid and a place to stay in Old Folks homes.

We know how long people lived if we have their bones and the remains of their dwellings to analyze. It is fairly easy to detect signs of scurvy, goiter, rickets and other dietary diseases, as well as evidence of cannibalism. But it is very =unusual to find the bones and dwellings of those who lived before people had fire. It is likely that all the Indians had fire before they got to the US. Asia and Africa would be where really ancient bones could be found.