Author Topic: Ammunition.  (Read 1916 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ammunition.
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/report-islamic-state-fights-in-syria-iraq-with-arms-produced-worldwide/ar-BB7QLxA
Army Lt. Gen. Michael Barbero, who directed the training and equipping of Iraqi police and army security units from 2009 to 2011 and now favors rearming the Iraqis. "It's gonna happen. It's combat. You get tactically defeated, you lose equipment."

Isis has captured a lot of weapons , bought a lot of weapons , and looks to capture and buy a lot more.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ammunition.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 04:49:58 AM »
The Iraqi Army likes the uniforms, the perks and the job security, but when faced with even a bunch of ragtag troops like ISIS, they turned tail and left their weapons behind.  Very much like the Army of the Republic of South Vietnam (ARVIN).
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 10:02:47 PM »
It is worse than the ARVIN.

I caught an interview on "morning edition" (NPR) with a reporter who had toured the battle zones.

He said that the troops that deserted claim that the officers deserted first, some of them after a few years of graft , such as not reporting desertions , but pocketing the paycheck of the deserted instead.

Poor leadership and poor motivation has produced a hollow force , it needed a lot more time and a lot better reason to exist.

Now that everyone on the scene can see how desperately bad the ISIS rule is , there may be a lot better motivation, but time is lacking.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »
I heard the NPR report as well. I will not dispute that the Iraqi Army is worse than ARVIN.

I am surprised that you refer to NPR as a credible source. Sirs would never do that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
wrong again.......when have I ever claimed they weren't "credible"?  Partisan, absolutely.  That doesn't make a source uncredible.....it simply makes it one sided
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »
In what way was this report one sided?

You only recognize one side. You therefore are going to see everything that shows both sides as one sided. You powers of reason and incapable of telling the difference,

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
I didn't say this report was 1 sided.  I said that groups like NPR are partisan, and that their reporting is generally 1 sided.  Still doesn't make that side uncredible.  It simply makes it less objective than it could be    ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
Yeah, so prove it, you dip. In what way was NPR's reporting biased on this issue?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
ONE MORE TIME, LANGUAGE PROFESSOR.....I DIDN'T SAY THIS REPORT 1 SIDED

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 08:27:04 PM »
I heard the NPR report as well. I will not dispute that the Iraqi Army is worse than ARVIN.

I am surprised that you refer to NPR as a credible source. Sirs would never do that.

I like NPR but not for objectivity.

They give a thorough and fair report , so I listen to them a lot .

They are cheerleaders for progressive causes but they are blissfully unaware of this bias.

I don't think this hurts their credibility. I give them full credit for sincerity and honesty, their bias is founded in their worldview so it can be compensated for on my end much easier than it can be changed on their end.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »
Sirs cannot answer because he does not listen to NPR.

NPR and PBS are many times more detailed and objective in their reporting than any of the other sources. Their only real competition us BBC America.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 01:36:30 AM »
I have listened and read NPR......so wow....wrong yet again.  At least you're consistent

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 05:20:10 AM »
NPR does a good job , I do not watch PBS quite as often, on the TV the science channel and history channel are more interesting and FOX seems more focused on relevant news.

FOX is pretty good, it is the real news including a lot of things that CNN ignores . MSNBC is terribly pedantic and is probably the most slanted.

I watch BBC America a lot , the news is well done and Top Gear , Dr Who are among my favorites.

Looking over my own post , I think I may be watching too much TV.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »
Fox is mostly commentators and interminable, inane ads. MSNBC, CNN and the rest of them are also plagued with annoying ads. I watch the Sunday morning gasbag shows and McLaughlin, and I read newspaper columns.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 07:58:17 PM »
I think any of them work better if you take in some disagreement .