Author Topic: Noblese oblige  (Read 673 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Noblese oblige
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:34:51 AM »
Noblese oblige , reading the comments after this article , makes me think that some people are resentful of money where ever they see it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/microsoft-co-founder-paul-allen-pledges-dollar100-million-to-fight-ebola/ar-BBaNjL1

So he is able and willing to make a large charitable donation, some still think it should not be so voluntary.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Noblese oblige
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:38:11 AM »
I mention earlier I knew several people of very less fortunate in life and commented how I observed abit of it is self inflicted. these friends I keep at a controlled distance as I learned first hand how financially unsafe they can be. this experience give me perspective that makes me more sympathetic on why the wealthy tends to hold on to their wealth. donating money is not always a positive experience and can be very much a turnoff. I`m willing to bet  that some here get financial advice to spend more from less successful friends.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:14:08 AM »
Whatever people think, Allen donating to help stop Ebola is a helpful thing for him to do.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »
we got people right now ignoring quarinetine protocols. so more power to allen trying to nip this in the bud. we can`t trust or own people to behaive

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 08:27:54 PM »
  Yes , that this private money might be immediately available can make a difference.

I understand that -Doctors without Borders - is doing a lot of work , but is weary and low on resources.

I think it laudable for government and non-government agencies to fight this mindless enemy, what we learn fighting Ebola might benefit anyone.
    And private persons too of course.

If Ebola breaks out , where can't it go?