Author Topic: The IRS can get you , you can't get the IRS  (Read 1035 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The IRS can get you , you can't get the IRS
« on: October 25, 2014, 07:14:01 PM »
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/10/24/judge-tosses-lawsuit-against-the-irs-from-targeted-group-n1909561?utm_source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTownhall

“Within days of the Citizens United ruling in January 2010, which strengthened free speech rights and the freedom for the people to criticize the government, the Internal Revenue Service – the branch of government most feared by American citizens, and, therefore, best suited to act punitively on behalf of a lawless regime – launched a program that systematically targeted what it believed to be “enemies” of the Obama Administration. That scandal – which went on for several years – was admitted by the IRS and by the person most responsible for the agency's misconduct, Lois Lerner.

Several dozen victims of the targeting sued the IRS and individual IRS agents for violation of their constitutional rights. Yesterday a federal judge sided with the IRS and dismissed the claims of our fellow citizens and patriots. Amazingly, the Court’s ruling acknowledges the illegal activity by the IRS – but nonetheless concluded that because the IRS says it has discontinued its targeting, the case is "moot.”

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The IRS can get you , you can't get the IRS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7pMYHn-1yA

This was not enough for the IRS.

Both of these guys were persecuted by the IRS, so the TEA party is in good company.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:05:54 PM »
There is no reason why the Tea Party should be given nonprofit status. They are a political organization.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:05:59 AM »
There is no reason why the Tea Party should be given nonprofit status. They are a political organization.

So?

This particular non-profit status is intended for political organizations, and it was granted without delay to Democrat organizations.
The IRS was nasty as Nixon's tool , even more bad as Obamas political tool.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
No political organizations should be exempted as non profits./

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 01:13:19 PM »

When you demand that the NAACP & Rainbow Push be stripped of their exemptions as well, then you'd have a leg to stand on
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »
I need no leg to stand on. I donlot run any organization or give any of them marching orders.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
LAW LETS I.R.S. SEIZE ACCOUNTS ON SUSPICION,
NO CRIME REQUIRED

"Who takes your money before they prove that you've done anything wrong with it?"
Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required

by SHAILA DEWAN | NY TIMES | OCTOBER 26, 2014

For almost 40 years, Carole Hinders has dished out Mexican specialties at her modest cash-only restaurant. For just as long, she deposited the earnings at a small bank branch a block away, until last year, when two tax agents knocked on her door and informed her that they had seized her checking account, almost $33,000.

The Internal Revenue Service agents did not accuse Ms. Hinders of money laundering or cheating on her taxes,
in fact, she has not been charged with any crime. Instead, the money was seized solely because she had deposited less than $10,000 at a time, which they viewed as an attempt to avoid triggering a required government report.

"How can this happen?" Ms. Hinders said in a recent interview. "Who takes your money before they prove that you've done anything wrong with it?"

The federal government does.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/us/law-lets-irs-seize-accounts-on-suspicion-no-crime-required.html?_r=0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
I need no leg to stand on. I donlot run any organization or give any of them marching orders.

That would be an example of the literal tact at deflection.  You have no say in Tea Party matters but claim they need their status stripped.  You can't do the same for the NAACP. .... why again??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 07:50:05 PM »
No political organizations should be exempted as non profits./

That might be a good rule.

Until it changes to your preference the rule seems to be that Democrat political organizations get tax exemption and Republican political organizations do not.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 08:19:52 PM »
I told you what my preference is.

Don't tell me what I prefer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »
It's pretty hypocritically apparent, what you prefer.  You've made it painfully clear how anything tea party should be stripped.  Can't seem to find any quotes by you that specifically call for any other organization to be equally stripped.  NAACP is a political organization, correct??  Rainbow Push, correct??

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »
I told you what my preference is.

Don't tell me what I prefer.

Pardon me for being unclear.

The present rule is much less satisfactory than your stated preference.