Author Topic: Have you seen this?  (Read 4510 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Have you seen this?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 06:58:43 PM »
Not only was Reagan re-elected, his vice president got elected without divorceing himself from the Reagan program.

All the while the Reagan Slogan "Are you better off now than four years ago?" never turned around and bit him.

Why didn't we clone the guy?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
It's one of the reasons politician, after politician, after politician, including our present community organizer and chief has gone out of their way to compare their actions & policies to Reagan's
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
Reagan was a hired asshole of the Oligarchy. He was turd in the punchbowl of democracy.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
Lol.....so Obama was making himself out to be a hired a-hole of the oligarchy when he was comparing himself to Reagan?   I guess you could be right,  there.    :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:22:00 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 10:53:08 PM »
Reagan blathered on and on before he was elected about the debt and inflation, but the fact is that the inflation and the debt went up during his term.
And only the rich and investors saw their income grow.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »
  That does not look like facts.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 12:10:29 AM »
Indeed, it doesn't.  Nor does it explain the plethora of politicians, including our current clown & chief comparing himself to this supposed oligarchy controlled dolt

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »
"I don't want to present myself as some sort of singular figure. I think part of what is different is the times. I do think that, for example, the 1980 election was different. I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. He put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it. They felt like with all the excesses of the 60s and the 70s and government had grown and grown but there wasn't much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. I think he tapped into what people were already feeling. Which is we want clarity, we want optimism, we want a return to that sense of dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing." ....Obama, 2008

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »
  Does this mean that President Obama was trying to get "Morning in America"?

He set a high bar for himself in comparison of his Presidency to that of Reagan , I don't think he understood the philosophical underpinnings of the Reagan Revolution.

If there was to be an "Obama revolution" it should have had philosophical framework that could be explained to the people , as far as I can tell there was nothing like this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
Well Plane, that's the disconnect.  We're hearing how horribly piss poor a President Reagan was, yet Obama is trying to compare himself to him.  My question still seems to have gone unanswered in that is Obama trying to claim how piss poor a president he was going to be?? 

And are all these examples of Obama's piss poor leadership coming how to roost, of his specific behest & push, or are there oligarchal strings we can blame instead?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 10:14:27 PM »
  Well , there you go again.

Hehehehe

Seriously if someone had to outline the philosophy of the Obama administration , would it be something definite or something amorphous?

I don't feel I could characterize the philosophical status of the Obama presidency , even if I were allowed to be very vague.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:57 AM »
You could answer that in 2 parts......though with an obvious partisan prism, since its I that's opining.

As it relates to the "Philosophy of the Obama Administration"

1) Bt accurately referenced that for the "average American", Obama was a blank canvas, where he was to be everything they expected him to be.  Many have been sorely disappointed, in what they got.  Far more knew exactly what they were going to get, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and re-elected him.  Severe buyer's remorse now, and the Democrat party is going to pay a huge price in a week.  Which is also why Obama is planning on unleashing, what he himself made clear, as an unconstitutional order to grant millions more illegal immigrants, a status of amnesty.....thereby overwhelming our social & medical services, which in turn will "necessitate" still more Government intervention.

2) from the point of view of the "Obama administration", their philosophy & goal was to transform this country into something it wasn't.....to fundamentally change they way they do things in Washington".  They had a vision, but there would be no way in hell they could have gotten elected, had they run on the policies of bigger and bigger government control....of everything.  From light bulbs to control of one's very health.  No, those policies had to be cloaked on poll driven rhetoric, that would placate the electorate, without showing their hand on true intentions.  It's why we have arguably the least transparent administration, in modern day history. 

And to top it off, this administration is shielded by a compliant media, that wouldn't dare risk the aura of being branded racist, for daring to scrutinize this country's 1st Black President.  It's one of the only things that explains how so many scandals and gaffes by this administration are buried by the MSM, that would otherwise be 24/7 news, if it were a Republican president, and their administration

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 01:15:59 AM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
Well Plane, that's the disconnect.  We're hearing how horribly piss poor a President Reagan was, yet Obama is trying to compare himself to him.  My question still seems to have gone unanswered in that is Obama trying to claim how piss poor a president he was going to be?? 

And are all these examples of Obama's piss poor leadership coming how to roost, of his specific behest & push, or are there oligarchal strings we can blame instead?

Strange how there's been no rational explanation to this bizarre dichotomy    ;)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 05:59:16 PM »
  I used to think she wanted very much to be President.

Could be not so.

Perhaps she just wants to sell a lot of books.

Charge a lot of speakers fees.

Otherwise amass a fortune.