Author Topic: News Flash for the GOP  (Read 9097 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: News Flash for the GOP
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
if Americans liked their health care plans and their doctors, they could keep them.
He said that average health care premiums for a family of four would decrease by some $2,500.
He said his bill would be budget-neutral.
characterizing the bill variously as a tax and as a penalty
Team Obama assured us that employer-based plans would not be wedged out.

LOL
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
SWILL
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »
DEFLECTION
Avoid debating the point being made at all cost
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 07:20:10 AM »
STUPID

I have no obligation to play by your asinine rules.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »
Leave it to the lunatic left to consider serious debate of an issue, some RW game.  Up is down, wrong is right, etc.  That pretty much is the definition of stupid, though in this case, just another example of the knee jerk deflection gene you use, when trying to avoid debating.  Bravo, as you've got a PhD in that tactic
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »
...case in point....you have yet to rationally explain Mr Gruber's rather arrogant comments about the stupidity of the American voter, and the apparent justification in lying to the American public to get a pet project passed, which would have never passed had the truth been told.  Nor have you addressed the glaringly untruthful pledges/promises made when we were sold this crap called Obamacare

Instead, just more name calling and deflection efforts.  Care to join the adults' table, and actually discuss those points being made?  Here's a hint, its not a game, nor are there any rules involved.  Merely a hope for rational civil responses.  I'll tee it up for you:

We were promised that if Americans liked their health care plans and their doctors, they could keep them.....period
He said that average health care premiums for a family of four would decrease by some $2,500.
He said his bill would be budget-neutral.
His administration characterized the bill variously as a tax and as a penalty, depending on which label served his interests at the time.
He assured us that employer-based plans would not be wedged out.

NONE OF IT IS TRUE.  So, what say you?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »
I say that President Obama had no control over what insurance companies might do.
I did not expect that old bastard Reagan to end inflation, which is what he implied he would do by that bit about how a dollar back in teh Good Old Days was worth on,y 34 cents. You are claiming that Obama had absolute control over what insurance companies would do. So far as not being able to keep your previous doctor, I have had three private insurance plans before I got Medicare and two afterwards, and none has ever prevented me from keeping my doctor, so this is almost certainly not any sort of serious problem.

THE FACT IS that before Obama, huge numbers of people were prevented from getting insurance at all, and more people went bankrupt because of huge healthcare bills than any other reason. This is no longer the case. I am for single payer socialized medicine, which is the best way to keep every American healthy, and I admire Obama for taking the first steps.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »
The insurance companies were MANDATED BY OBAMCARE, to provide far more involved policies.  OF COURSE the premiums were going to go up.  And because these policies were far more invasive, there was no way folks were going to be able to hold on to them, despite the clear pledge, that they could.  If he wasn't aware of that repercussion of the law, he should have never promised ANYTHING that was just listed above.  These red flags however were being referenced everywhere, as it relates to dropped coverage, huge spikes in premiums, etc, knowing what the law would inflict upon the insurance industry.  But instead, Obama and his minions doubled down on the above noted talking points & promises.  So we're left with the options of utter incompetence vs gross misleading

However, the blanket has just been uncovered by Mr Gruber, Chief architect to Obamacare, and direct line to Obama, as it relates this this completely unAfforadable Care Act.  it was purposely written to be vague, so as to fool both the CBO and the American Voter.  They knew, is in Obama, FROM THE BEGINNING, what this could/would cause, and knew that if the truth be told, it'd never been passed.  Thus the conclusion can now be made, of gross misleading

Cudos on the effort to deflect with Reagan, but this has nothing to do with him, Bush, Carter, Clinton, or even Hoover.      ::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 01:31:51 PM »
I am for single payer socialized medicine, which is the best way to keep every American healthy, and I admire Obama for taking the first steps.

In otherwords, its perfectly ok to lie to the american people, so long as the ends justify the means.  Right?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
Any politician that tries to improve the lot of the average American will be seen by you as a liar.

So, when it comes to you and your warped view of the world, yeah.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »
No, only a LIAR will be seen as a liar.  But good to know we finally have you on record as justfying lying.  Just another glimpse of what we already knew, of how the liberal left functions

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
I am for single payer socialized medicine, which is the best way to keep every American healthy, and I admire Obama for taking the first steps.

In otherwords, its perfectly ok to lie to the american people, so long as the ends justify the means.  Right?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:24 PM »

THE FACT IS that before Obama, huge numbers of people were prevented from getting insurance at all, and more people went bankrupt because of huge healthcare bills than any other reason. This is no longer the case. I am for single payer socialized medicine, which is the best way to keep every American healthy, and I admire Obama for taking the first steps.

This is the crux of it all isn't it?

Is the new situation an improvement or is the present confusion just the path to an eventual more real improvement?

And the lies can be forgiven after we see the improvement?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
The government is the only force that can beat down the exorbitant cost of medicine and healthcare. And it will happen.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »
The government is the only force that can beat down the exorbitant cost of medicine and healthcare. And it will happen.

No.

Supply and demand determine price the same way that moon orbit determines tide.

Inexorably, King Chanute.

The government has not power to make the rare and difficult cheap .

Consider ,if you will, a legislative decree that moonshots shall be inexpensive , when the president signs it I will buy a tourist ticket right away.