Author Topic: I hope the President explains something.  (Read 7234 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I hope the President explains something.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
Wrong yet again.  Poll after poll after poll after poll has demonstrated a majority of the country that doesn't support what the President just pulled.   Topped off by the recent election which is the ultimate "poll".  And the icing on the cake is Obama himself indicating he couldn't pull what he just pulled.

Do you ever tire of being so wrong, so often?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 10:21:59 AM »
It will be immensely amusing for the stupid GOP to try to annul what President Obama has done. If they fail to pass a bill, they will look like the pathetic, hateful losers they are. If they succeed in passing one, they will invoke the hostility of the Hispanic community, and it will take more than Jebbie and his shoplifting smuggler Mexicana wife to win the White House.

Admit it: President Obama has put this bunch of disgraceful clowns in a  box and they will not get out of it easily. They are damned if they try and damned if they don't.
My ex wife is a citizen, but was born in Mexico. She has lots of friends, most of them Hispanic, from Mexico,  Guatemala, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, and not a one of them likes the goddamed Republican'ts. Most of them are citizens, all are legal residents, but everyone has at least one relative working in the States and living here illegally.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
Oh, needless to say, the GOP can still snap defeat from the jaws of victory, as they've done numerous other times.  But that's an entirely different issue, Professor Deflection.  The issue on the table is the middle finger that Obama just gave to THE PEOPLE of this country, who voted in a definitive way in saying no, to this unconstitutional act, that he himself made clear it was...over 2 dozen times previously, he couldn't do

It's actually very easy what the GOP needs to do.  And it won't require Obama shutting down the Government, either
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
I suggest that the GOP is quite likely to tear its stupid self to shreds trying to agree on an immigration reform policy. OIt was quite clever for our glorious President to put them in a box that they will have a very, very hard time climbing out of.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 06:31:32 PM »
Suggest all you want, since its pretty simply what's required of the GOP.  Here's a hint, it has nothing to do with trying to deport 11+million illegal immigrants, so you can skip that deflection tactic. 

Facts still remain however, how Obama just screwed the electorate, and the people of this country, with his blatant unconstitutional act.  No need to take my word for it, since he said it himself

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:50 PM »
“America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don't have a choice about that. That's part of my job. But I can advocate for changes in the law so that we have a country that is both respectful of the law but also continues to be a great nation of immigrants. … With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. [W]e’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.”... Barack Obama, 3/28/11

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 09:57:48 PM »
So go make a citizen's arrest, sirs.

The fact is, that the stupid lawsuit will go exactly nowhere.

The GOP only has to pass an immigration reform law.  It will be most amusing watching them try.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »
  I thought it amusing that Hillary thanked him for doing it.

I haven't heard of any Labor Unions thanking him for this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 03:49:15 AM »
So go make a citizen's arrest, sirs.

Again, with the knee jerk deflection.  Can't defend Obama's hypocrisy, so try to make it about some ludicrous notion of how I want to arrest Obama    ::)   He absolutely deserves impeachment, but his skin color had given him an immunity bubble to any such action.  Next best thing is to start repairing the utter destruction he and the Dems' policies have wrought upon this country.  That's what this last election was all about

The GOP only has to pass an immigration reform law.  It will be most amusing watching them try.

The GOP only has to begin enforcing the borders.  Then we can start playing with immigration reform

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:13 AM »
And what prevented Juniorbush the idiot warmonger and destroyer of the economy from his well-deserved impeachment? They did not have the votes. That was something they learned by trying to impeach Clinton over some trumped up shit about a blue dress that had nothing to do with his running the country.

The border is probably as secure as it can be made. Since you are unwilling and too guess to attempt citizen's arrest of our President, you can always join one of those  Patriot Patrols of Mexican haters and help patrol the border the right way. You have all the necessary requirements: an inability to speak Spanish, a racist attitude that you have convinced yourself that you do not have, and the brains of a demented possum.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »
   There is a good point in there.

If we all spoke Spanish we would be a lot more present in the daily life of Mexico , perhaps we would straighten them out.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 07:20:47 AM »
I think that Mexicans have had enough help from Americans in running their country.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
And what prevented Juniorbush the idiot warmonger and destroyer of the economy from his well-deserved impeachment?

Because he never violated the constitution or his oath of office, like Obama has done....on multiple occasions now  Obama swore to uphold the Constitution and the laws of this land.  Not just the ones he likes.  and the border is FAR from being secure...in any way, shape, or form.  That's where the GOP can start demonstrating to the rest of the electorate, that they'll have credibility on the issue of immigration "reform"

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
I think that Mexicans have had enough help from Americans in running their country.

If it were not for the language barrier Mexico could be five new States.

Eliminating entirely the border problem.

Or moving it a couple thousand miles South at least.