Author Topic: The economic miracle in Texas continues!  (Read 3497 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The economic miracle in Texas continues!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 02:00:17 PM »
Texas has not yet got one single job because Toyota is moving their headquarters there.

That is because of taxes. The state of Texas owns a lot of oil fields, and therefore does not need to tax as much. Nor does the state provide the services that California does.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
Texas has not yet got one single job because Toyota is moving their headquarters there.

Please tell me you really not that big of a moron?
Of course the Toyota move is not complete...facilities still being constructed...
so of course the 3000 Toyota jobs are not here yet.
Is that really a point worth making by anybody with any brain matter between their ears?
No matter how hard you try....it is not a good thing for California that Toyota decided to move to Texas!

That is because of taxes. The state of Texas owns a lot of oil fields, and therefore does not need to tax as much.
Nor does the state provide the services that California does.

yeah it's all luck and coincidence....lol
it has nothing to do with California anti-business regulation environment, taxes, and high cost of living
The Texas economy is more diversified than its critics contend...and not just about oil.
California's restrictive energy policies discourage oil extraction
But even if California had as much oil production as Texas they'd still tax the citizens to death
because Liberals will spend every possible dime they can steal from others.
my California brother is in the exact same business I am
and he being a liberal even says "it is amazing how hostile state gvt is to business".
He asked me how often I see state regulators...I said NEVER!....He thought I was lying.
Over the last half-century, California and Texas have traded more Americans than any other states,
and almost all of them have moved from the coast to Texas.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
my town S.F. is mega tough on businesses. if it wasn`t for the culture we would be a ghost town. people will forgive alot for just being able to wear what you want.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »
But.......but........look at all the services california provides........including those not even legally allowed to be here (at taxpayers' expense, of course)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »
It baffles me why you do not move to Texas, sirs.

I did not bring up Toyota, CU4 did. Texas is not any economic miracle, and with crude at $50 a barrel, we shall see it becoming a tad less miraculous.

What California has a lot of is really, really expensive real estate. Texas has much lower prices on real estate. I think that Toyota's financial analysts probably  did a good and thorough job of weighing the choices. Texas surely has offered some powerful incentives to lure them there. Tax money that CU4 might have not had to pay, actually.

One problem with the US is that corporations make out like bandits playing one state off against another.  It is usually not in the interests of most of the state's residents for them to get away with this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »
It baffles me why you do not move to Texas, sirs.

Why would you worry about me, xo?  It baffles me that you haven't moved to France or Greece.

I have a goal of trying to fix CA, from the destruction being wrought upon by your Dems.  Worst place in the country right now for a business to either move to or try to get started......unless of course, you're one of those corporate big wigs, that owns lots of Politically correct entities/construction, and have banked on some of those Democrat politicians handing out various quid-pro-quo construction and infrastructure projects

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »
my town S.F. is mega tough on businesses.

I agree Kimba....

my poor brother in Walnut Creek, CA said some bureaucrat often shows up at his door snooping around.

Olhausen Billiard Manufacturing, still family owned and operated, selling almost 30,000 pool tables a year
moved out of Cali and their anti-business regulations/taxes to their 250,000-square-foot facility in Portland, Tenn.
But XO will probably pretend that must be a good thing! Ha Ha Ha Ha.....

We don't put up with that crap in Texas.

The TSA tried to bust us several times in the last 5 years...
They came in scamming pretending to be someone else
and of course left with their tail between their legs....dead wrong once again.
I always tell those gvt guys to get a real job...maybe try to create some jobs, instead of hounding people to death.
I remember when I was much younger the IRS showed up all in suits at our office.
You could just feel they thought they were so intimidating.
My older brother had his bad-ass accountant waiting at the office for them.
Before too long those slime-ball IRS agents headed to the donut shop with their tails between their legs too.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
The cost and restrictions is hurting us but the culture and weather is pretty much the only thing that bring high producing filks in.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 09:33:22 PM »
weather is pretty much the only thing that bring high producing filks in.

Kimba your weather is fabulous...at least part of the state.
Lancaster, CA where my nephew lives not so much.
I really like the weather in BOTH San Fran and LA.
But if I had to choose one of the two areas to live in it would be Walnut Creek.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 09:59:49 PM »
I am now somehow responsible for Democrats in California I have never met, and accused of opposing people moving a billiard table factory to Tennessee.

I must even be responsible for having IRS people dress up in suits.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
honestly for the longest time I never understood why people even come to California period. then last year I heard an interview from wrestler stone cold steve Austin talked about why he lives in California and then I remembered all the horror stories people from texas talked about the weather and the long roads you pray never get stranded on. lets just say personally I don`t get many endorsement from Texans about the lonestar state.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:50 PM »
There is some interesting scenery in California.  In my lifetime, I think I have spent six days total in CA, four in LA at a convention, and two in Susanville, plus several layovers at LAX. Of course, LA and SF are like NYC, since there are so many TV shows shot there that most Americans can recognize specific places.

I hereby declare that I am not responsible for anything that happens in CA. My father was born in Gainesville, TX and grew up in a bunch of Panhandle towns: Dumas, Dalhart, Shamrock, Texhoma, Vernon and such. He left when he was 25. His brother moved to Atlanta and then spent most of his life in Valdosta, GA, where he lived from 1949 until he died at the age of 99½.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »
I am now somehow responsible for Democrats in California I have never met, and accused of opposing people moving a billiard table factory to Tennessee.

I must even be responsible for having IRS people dress up in suits.

I do know how you feel.

People attach a lot of odd things to conservatism too, things being unrelated or distant not mattering .

One of the good things about having a differing POV represented by someone who really sees that POV as right is that we who do not share it don't need to guess it.

I think the point to be made is that everything has a price.

Lots of government involvement is not inexpensive , but to some it is worth the cost.

To others it is worth the cost to avoid government involvement.

My Father worked for years for a company that grew big while he was there, all that time this company actively avoided working directly for the government.

There were plenty of customers anyway and competitors willing to fill the governments need.

But those bidding for the government did not become more competitive and outgrow this business even though government contracts are often large. In this business the risk and expense of direct dealing with the government totally erases the advantage of having the biggest customer on the planet.

There are some businesses that specialize in satisfying government contract requirement , this is a class of business where the small ones are willing to toe the line and the large ones are willing to influence strongly where the government will draw the line.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »
In my lifetime, I think I have spent six days total in CA.

That's a bit of a shock.

My father was born in Gainesville, TX

I am going there in the next few weeks.
http://www.pondking.com/contact

grew up in a bunch of Panhandle towns: Dumas, Dalhart, Shamrock, Texhoma, Vernon and such.

Have you ever visited any of those sleepy towns?
Last month I was in DingDongDaddy/Dumas, XIT/Dalhart, and Vernon too....
Vernon, Texas home of one Rhonda Eades...I was 20 and she was 17....
and she had the cutest backside in tight jeans I had ever seen.
Hey I may have the start of a great country song.....   8)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 10:24:49 AM »
I have lived in eight states: MO, NM, IA, WA, WV, VA, MD and FL. I can't really comment on IA, where I was an underpaid TA at SUI, but the best run states by far were MD and MD, and the worst was VA. I also lived for three months in Chihuahua, across the river from El Paso, and in Jalisco and the Distrito Federal in Mexico. I liked NM most, but I like the climate in FL.  There are many reasons to like where one lives, and I consider the local government to be a relatively minor one. FL has goofy politics and really should be two states: those of us who live in South FL have to pay tolls on local highways so the state can take our tax money and build free highways in the redneck "pork chop counties" in the northern part of the state. I would be okay if Orlando were in a different state. North and South Dakota have much more in common with one another than North and South Florida.

No one deserves Rick Scott or a dolt like Marco Rubio.

Although Rubio is a tad better than the two nitwit senators from Alabama.