Author Topic: Clinton on Iran: "No option is off the table"  (Read 1175 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Clinton on Iran: "No option is off the table"
« on: February 15, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »
(I guess Hillary is planning on taking the country to war against Iran if she's elected. After all, weren't we told that "no option is off the table" is DC codespeak for "we're going to attack them"?)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton said Wednesday "no option is off the table" in dealing with Iran, but warned President Bush not to take military action against the country without congressional approval.

"Make no mistake, Iran poses a threat to our allies and our interests in the region and beyond, including the United States," Clinton said in a speech on the Senate floor.

"We cannot, we should not, we must not permit Iran to build or acquire nuclear weapons," the New York Democrat added.

Clinton also said the president must continually consult Congress with the latest developments in Iran and must seek congressional authority if he deems any action must be taken.

"If the administration believes that any, any use of force against Iran is necessary, the President must come to Congress to seek that authority," she said.

Clinton also insisted the 2002 Senate vote authorizing the president to take action against Iraq did not authorize similar action in Iran.

"It would be a mistake of historical proportion if the administration thought that the 2002 resolution authorizing force against Iraq was a blank check for the use of force against Iran without further congressional authorization."

Clinton, who is seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, voted for the 2002 Iraq resolution. Although she has not described that vote as a mistake, she has said that she would have voted differently if better information were available at the time.

-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Clinton on Iran: "No option is off the table"
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:09:41 PM »
(I guess Hillary is planning on taking the country to war against Iran if she's elected. After all, weren't we told that "no option is off the table" is DC codespeak for "we're going to attack them"?)

So true, so true.  Oh wait, i think when they have a "D" following their names, it's rational approriate rhetoric.  But when they have an "R" they're war mongerers, just salivating over the prospect of going to war, and killing, when not raping, civilians.  I think that's how it works
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle