Author Topic: Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.  (Read 13300 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:15:45 PM »
Rubio does not approve, Scott does not approve, Attorney General and prominent nut Pam Bondi does not approve., but now we have female husbands and male wives in Florida and Key West and Miami become honeymoon sites.

http://www.freedomtomarry.org/states/entry/c/florida

Any day now, sirs can come to Kissimmee and marry an Airedale. A male Airedale. ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »
Once again the people are over-ruled by an unelected Clinton appointed judge!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
That's how it works with the lunatic left.  Screw the people & rule of law, they just "know better"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 05:12:52 PM »
There is nothing to know. This is not about knowing anything. It is simply about equal rights for everyone.
There is no more reason why an election should decide this than it should have decided against segregation, interracial marriage or drinking alcohol.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 06:11:53 PM »
Sure it is about "knowing anything".  The people spoke, the law was passed, and 1 liberal judge decides he simply knows better
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 07:52:17 PM »
That is because he DOES know better. He knows that everyone is equal, and therefore has equal rights.

It is pretty obvious that if they held elections about segregation in Alabama and Mississippi in 1965, there would have been a majority that agreed with Governor Wallace: "Segregation THEN, Segregation Now, Segregation Forevah!"

And that would have been a violation of the rights of Black people, just as a denial of the right to marry would have been a violation ot =the rights of gays.

You cannot win this argument, because you are simply wrong.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 08:15:09 PM »
So, I was right.  Thanks for reinforcing the point I was making about the lunatic left

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »
Further down the slippery slope.

Can we really have a society without any mores?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
People who love each other being recognized as married has nothing at all to do with mores.

Nothing at all.

Bigots believing that somehow their personal religious beliefs are mores is what sucks here.

Notice how many of the Ten Commandments never made it into the Constitution. People cannot be arrested for believing more than one or three Gods(depending), no one gets jailed for not keeping the Sabbath holy, whatever that means, and people with abusive parents cannot be disparaged for refusing to honor them.

There is a reason for that. Your religion does not belong in the laws of this country.

Get a clue.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »
So you really are ok with guys marrying their animals? Siblings? Rocks?

No mores at all, no limits at all, in law or in social acceptance?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I do not think that anyone is advocating marrying animals or rocks. I was just kidding about sirs marrying an Airedale.

This is not any reason to conclude that there are no moral guidelines anymore. It is simply a recognition that the Church, which was never the moral arbitrator in the US is now one bit less powerful.

I would say forcing people to work 12 hours or more before Christmas or lose their jobs is the real moral issue that the Church should address. Recognizing Adams' right to marry Steve could not harm anyone buy perhaps Adam and Steve.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
  So who is hurt by Steve marrying his Airedale?

Abandoning our Christian (and Jewish) based mores seems like a mistake, even if we do so one more at a time.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
Here are the Ten Commandments:

1   You shall have no other gods before Me.
 2   You shall not make idols.
 3   You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4  Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
   5  Honor your father and your mother.
   6  You shall not murder.
   7 You shall not commit adultery.
    8 You shall not steal.
    9 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
   10  You shall not covet.

We have  never tried to encode in the Constitution Commandments 1, 2, 3, 5, and 10.
Attempts to encode 4 have largely failed. Jews and Adventists celebrate the Sabbath on Saturday, Christians on Sunday, Muslims on Friday. There have been Blue Laws against stores selling stuff on Sunday, but about all that is left of this are laws against selling booze before noon.

Adultery is one of several grounds for divorce, but is not penalized otherwise.
Perjury, lying under oath, is penalized, as is fraud and libel to some degree.

So of the Ten Commandments, we no longer enforce over half. Marriage is not mentioned in the Ten Commandments. Neither is abortion or gun control.

Although morality is connected to religions, civil morality is now and always had been a matter for legislation rather than religion. Being as we have a lot of religions in the US, and none of them is in any way official, I do not see how recognizing gay marriage affects anyone but gay people.

I have no objections to Steve or Eve marrying Airedales, but I imagine that ridicule would be the main social constraint against it. I am against people claiming their pets as dependents on their income taxes. Imagine what claiming all the ants in one's ant farm as dependents could do to a Form 1040.

Most religions are based on a fairly obvious premise that humans are the moral center of the Universe and the justification for its existence and the epitome of its existence. We are some sort of special hobby of God's, and were created as sort of special pets, and occupy the center of Creation.

Any astronomer can tell you that we are not at the Center of anything. We are land creatures who dwell on a rather small planet most covered by water located on a trailing arm of a rather ordinary galaxy. An infinite Universe can have no center, and it is likely that there is more than one infinite Universe.

We seem to have invented religions to give a sense of order to our existence as well as to inflate our egos. That does not mean that God does not exist or does exist. The odds that most of the beliefs of most religions, however, such as virgin birth, miracles, a finite series of prophets, the divine endorsement of The Ark of the Covenant, the Koran, Bible, Book of Mormon, are against any of these and similar things being part of the structure of the Earth or the Universe.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »
Nothing requires "encoding", they are simply parameters to living a Christian live.  No more, no less.  There's nothing to enforce, as the point that's been made countless times about Christianity is the choices one makes...to live the example of a Christ-like life.....or not.  To accept Christ as your savior.....or not.     ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »
Accepting LittlebabyJeezus is unrelated to Adam marrying Steve.

I would not think that Jesus, who talked mostly about turning the other cheek, would have been all that fond of you "Christians" constantly railing about your sacred right to own guns.  In the NT, Jesus got angry twice as I recall: once because the exchange rates for temple money in the Temple were too high, and again at a fig tree for failing to have figs handy when he was Jonesing for a fig. On neither occasion did he express his anger with even a knife.

I have observed that Christians do not seem to emulate Jesus' behavior here. I have yet to hear about even a nutball preacher throwing a fit at the usurious rates at Deak Pereira's Airport Currenvcy exchanges.  And I have yet to see even a very devout Christian ranting against an unproductive fruit tree.