Author Topic: Marissa Alexander  (Read 583 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Marissa Alexander
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
..............women make up the fastest growing incarcerated population in the United States, where the incarceration rate is greater than in countries like Rwanda, Russia, and Saudi Arabia. The population of women in prison has exploded in the last three decades by more than 800 percent–double that of men.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/marissa-alexanders-release-isnt-enough?cid=SM_TW

Marissa Alexander, a domestic violence survivor and mother of three, was allowed to return home to her children Tuesday after nearly three years in jail for firing a warning shot to fend off an attack from her abusive estranged husband. She faced upwards of 60 years in prison, despite the fact that the shot harmed no one and was issued in defense of her life.

So anti- gun laws are more strictly enforced on people who are female , more strict on black people and ridiculous for people with that combination?

What would additional or stricter gun laws do, give black females even more opportunity to be locked up?

This happened in a state with a "stand your ground law" why didn't that give this woman some relief?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Marissa Alexander
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:01:10 PM »
Marissa Alexander is, well, Black.  I doubt that she would have spend so long in jail had she been a White Anglo guy.

What she did involved one of those mandatory sentence things that the Republican morons in the FL: legislature like to pass.

That is the most probable reason.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »
  I would like to know why firing a warning shot at an attacker is against the law for anyone anywhere?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »
I disagree with arresting Marissa Alexander. She harmed no one, no one was harmed. At most, she was disturbing the peace.

White cops just hate messing with Black couples fighting. I suppose it is really not much different from White Rednecks fighting, but it is harder to stereotype them.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."