Author Topic: NBC NEWS ANCHOR CHIEF LIAR BRIAN WILLIAMS  (Read 1071 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBC NEWS ANCHOR CHIEF LIAR BRIAN WILLIAMS
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
Brian Williams also fought in the Civil War.
He was under heavy fire.
Ha Ha!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: NBC NEWS ANCHOR CHIEF LIAR BRIAN WILLIAMS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
Well, let's look at the bright side.....he could be hired as Hilary Clinton's press secretary now
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
You will not find Gwen Ifill, Ray Suárez or Judy Woodruff making up this sort of stuff.

When it comes to news, PBS, BBC and even Al Jazeera usually have all the rest of them beat for fuller coverage and less bias.
And no six-commercial interruptions.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
XO I find PBS is pretty left biased, but hey what else would one expect?
To their credit they did have William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman on for years.
And those were during the years before cable exploded.
I would say those two shows were vital in shaping my political views when I was 11, 12, 13 years old.

I have not seen much of the BBC but assume it would have a liberal lean...also not unexpected.

Al Jazeera was what surprised me.
Back a 2-3 ago I would watch it from my desktop.
I was pleasantly surprised how they would actually at times be more "pro-American" than many US networks.
I think something changed because I don't think it is available on my desktop in the US any longer.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
PBS is in no way biased. On every issue, the anchor interviews at least two people. Are American Enterprise Institute and the Cato Institute are frequently invited. You do not hear any of the interviewers do more than just ask questions, and they do not debate the answer.  PBS is less biased, because they have more time to present the news. CNN hashes through headline after headline, and when they do a "special" on something,m they spend at least ten times more airtime advertising it than the actual "special"it self.  a thirty minute show with seven minutes of ads is not the same as a one hour show with perhaps five minutes of ads, which is what my PBS affiliates here (there are two, one in Palm Beach, one in Miami) present. They are labeled 'left wing' because they are to the left of Fox, which is hugely biased to the ultra right. That, and the fact that they are partly publicly supported. The ads on PBS are short and not so bothersome: no yelling car dealers, no phoney doctors, just the usual BNSF railroad ads. I am not sure what it is that I am supposed to buy from BNSF.

The BBC is more of a European take on the news, with more Europeans and fewer Americans interviewed. The major networks avoid all foreign opinions, as a rule. I have not heard Gwen Ifill editorialize a news story--ever. She does ask tough questions, though. Miami PBS shows the McLaughlin Report, which has generally one Liberal woman and a bunch of righties, including Pat Buchanan.

I used to get Al Jazeera on Netflix, but they took it off. I do not have cable, because it is way overpriced. There is Comcast, which sucks, and ATT which sucks even deeper.

I watch the Sunday morning news interviews. ABC with Stephanopolis is by far the best presentation. Meet the Press is good when they interview some politician that is not a blowhard giving a speech. Way too much McCain and Lindsay Graham.

I know very little about Brian Williams, since I rarely have seen him.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 08:09:35 PM »
PBS is in no way biased....

Hahahahahaha.

This is a case in point.

If they were centrist , you would perceive them as rightist.

Today I heard them discussing the demise of states rights, gleefully.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 10:14:33 PM »
All I heard was that that loon of a state Supreme Court judge that made a fuss about a Ten Commandments movie prop that someone stuck in a courthouse,  and that he was eventually ordered to remove, told country officials that they should ignore the judgement about gay marriage.

Gay marriage is not about "state's rights" it is about personal liberties. And I saw the same news program and no one was gleeful about anything, nor were they sad. they simply stated what happened.

Since when should a state government have the right to bar people from getting married, anyway? In what ways is Alabama or its people harmed by this?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 10:36:17 PM »
  In every state where the legislature or a referendum has upheld the right of same sex marriage the supreme court has done no harm.

In every state where the right of same sex marriage has failed a referendum or a legislature elected by the people has forbidden same sex marriage , the supreme court is disenfranchising the voter.

If I say" power to the people " you may construe this as a criticism of the Supreme court.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »
Why should the voter be given the right to tell people he does not even know that they cannot marry?

Were voters not also disenfranchised when Lincoln freed the slaves?  Or when interracial marriages were banned? Or when the schools were integrated?

And AGAIN, the reporting on the PBS Newshour did not reveal the opinion of the person announcing the news. There was no bias whatever in that report.

There are two issues here: (1) the right of gays to marry, perhaps against the will of Alabamans.

(2) Whether the PBS Newshour supported any opinion about this issue.  And it did not. There was no "gleefully".

I think everyone knows that it is only a short matter of time before  homosexuals can get married in the entire country.
I cannot see how the voters have any right to decide this. It is none of their beeswax.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 11:13:08 PM »
  You consider PBS to have credible neutrality in progressive vs conservative questions?

The chief thing that the civil rights movement achieved was enfranchisement of the disenfranchised, now the same movement is celebrating the disdemocratising effect of the Supreme court stomping out the power of the vote?

Marriage is a social institution whose effect on society is profound, its definition and practice is not an individual decision entirely.

Of course anyone has a right to call anything marriage , same as a person has a right to name his home "Alhambra" but requiring the state to fork over the attached benefits should not be the same category and can be defined by the State.

The guy that wants the tax benefit of having thirty wives and marries a pack of cats ought to find some obstacle in the state law.

Not that he can't call the cats wives , just that the state should not have to recognize them as such if the people of the state think that it should not be recognized .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:53:23 PM »
No one is asking to marry thirty wives or a herd of cats. That is a slippery slope argument and invalid.

And YES, PBS is clearly neutral in the way it treats political issues. They always invite comments from anyone who is associated with an issue. They often have MORE than two points of view presented, because there are more than two.

No one is advocating that any marriage consist of more than two people.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 12:44:20 AM »
 How is a slippery slope argument invalid ?

Aren't we heading down a slippery slope?

If a state cannot forbid any sort of marriage , who will define it?

Will Mothers still be forbidden to marry their Daughters?

Why forbid loving couples of any kind?

I would like to say that Ipse Dixit is an invalid argument , but apparently the Supreme court accepts it.

Be  careful what you say no one is advocating.http://leftoversoup.com/comics/los0636.png

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »
Your mind may be headed down a slippery slope.

As I recall, the main argument against  the ERA and rights for transsexuals was single-sex bathrooms. These were a previous slippery slope.

Every Wal Mart I have ever been in in the last ten years has had a "Family" bathroom, where fathers can change their infant daughters and mothers their infant sons. This seems to have not bothered anyone.

The government rarely prosecutes wacky Mormon cult polygamists, because the polygamists do not marry more than one of their wives.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »