Author Topic: Bill Cosby  (Read 909 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bill Cosby
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:19:23 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/new-accuser-emerges-as-cosby-cancels-shows-in-boston/ar-AA98KZ9

I have liked Bill Cosby for a long time, I really- really do not want to believe his accusers as they multiply.

But I can't  just make light of such accusation.

This gives me new insight into the plight of those who loved President Clinton.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Bill Cosby
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:45:21 AM »
Cosby is not a monster and he is not a good role model, either. People should do as he says, not as he does.

He suffers from a psychological problem, he is a victim of the Great God Horn.  He is now past the age at which he is capable of further outrages, and since the statute of limitations has run out, all that will happen is a large number of his fans will not attend his performances or watch his shows. But Cos is not suffering financial hardship.

He is following the "natural order" of things... as they were several centuries ago.

His shows are still well done and funny. Like Roman Polanski and Mel Gibson, who are also rather ambivalent in their talents and personal behavior.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
personally I think the most terrible thing is if he is totally innocent. the damage is just too huge .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
personally I think the most terrible thing is if he is totally innocent. the damage is just too huge .

Yes , that is possible isn't it?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:25 PM »

He is following the "natural order" of things... as they were several centuries ago.

I understand that he holds a doctorate in education, there is little excuse if he is guilty.

But he is accused of much , and the proof is so thin, I can't tell where the truth is.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 10:35:04 PM »
The last accusation was that somehow he caused some woman to stare at his crotch. That is not illegal or any sort of abuse. At most, it MIGHT have been rude. I can't tell, because I was not there.

Perhaps this woman seeks fame,and is saying "Hey, I was ALSO a beautiful fashion model as well, and Cosby even struck his crotch in my face: THAT is how beautiful I was back in the day."

My opinion is that if none of these women have seen fit to rat him out after all these years, there is no reason why I should actually care about it. I won't be buying any tickets to his performances, because I hate crowds and have never paid to see anyone perform anywhere. But of I hear Cos say something funny, I shall still chuckle. These allegations are unimportant to me, and do not mean that he is not talented or educated or funny. There is no movement to remove his star from Hollywood Boulevard. Cos is 77 now and is unlikely to bother any women anymore. These people could simply give it a rest, already.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »
the problem is to obtain his clean looking stature(pull your pants up and get a job) he made some enemies and as such he`s never allowed to stumble.

I feel like I`m the only person who remembers he was at one time a fixture at the playboy mansion and likely still buddies with hef. not saying he`s guilty but pointing out he`s very human.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »
Pulling your pants up and getting a job is a valid suggestion.

I recall that at my college one student had his pants fall down around his ankles in the cafeteria and he tripped and his tray went flying.  There was a lot of mirth and applause. 

The article alluded to was not really any sort of news.