Author Topic: Movie  (Read 8817 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Movie
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2015, 11:32:20 PM »
I`ve brought this up with my friends who serve and so far they agree. military leader does not mean their great leaders. the military make soldiers ready to follow so thier leaders don`t need any real ability to actually get troops to follow but in the private sector they will be hard press to get folks to follow ex. xo`s scout leader is a classic example. I have supervisor experience and can get people to do as I request due to the fact I`ve proven I know what I`m doing. true my friends are supervisors but they gain those skills working up and learning on the way. none has ever claimed those skill came from the military with the exception they learned discipline from the service

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Movie
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2015, 11:48:42 PM »
Other than Washington and Eisenhower, generals have tended to make lousy presidents. You can expect obedience when leading an army, but when you are leading civilians, you will never get total obedience.  Washington and Eisenhower were good politicians. Grant, Taylor and Harrison  were less than great. Garfield had a lot of talent, but he was assassinated before he could do much of anything.

MacArthur would probably have been a wretched president and certainly a one term one.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."