Author Topic: Chicago vs Houston ---->Guns  (Read 1666 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chicago vs Houston ---->Guns
« on: February 11, 2015, 03:54:49 PM »
The MASSIVE difference concealed carry makes in Houston vs Chicago is staggering

Liberals are under the delusion that passing strict legislation making it more difficult to purchase firearms will some how magically make bad guys start behaving more nicely.

The problem, of course, is that bad guys don't buy guns from legal dealers, they buy them on the black market so they're untraceable. Gun control legislation only takes guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, making them easier targets for whack job criminals.

Big government hacks may not like to admit it, but an armed society is a polite society. The chart below illustrates this point by showcasing how much of a difference concealed carry makes in Houston versus Chicago.

This is staggering.

From The Federalist Papers:

Take another look at the vast difference in homicides for Houston in 2012 compared to Chicago. That's incredible.

The evidence here is clear and speaks for itself. An unarmed populace is at a much higher risk for becoming victims of a violent crime than those who are armed. This is common sense, of course, but we all know that critical thinking isn't really a liberal's strong suit.

Guns are tools for protection. The Founding Fathers believed that each individual person should ultimately be the one in charge of his or her own security, both from criminals and from tyrannical government, hence the Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights.

Conservatives need to continue actively fighting for their right to bear arms. We need to continue voting in pro-gun candidates and vote in favor of pro-gun legislation when it's on the ballot. Protecting yourself is a God-given right, and the only way to lose it is to stop fighting to preserve it.

http://www.youngcons.com/difference-concealed-carry-makes-houston-vs-chicago-staggering/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Chicago vs Houston ---->Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
Now compare that with Oahu.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »
Putting aside the staggering facts, that are unrefutable, I'm waiting for a clearer definition of a "gun nut".  I realize its used as a supposed pegorative by anti-Constitutional zealots, but does that equate to someone who shouldn't have access to a firearm?  Or is it just simply name calling?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 06:38:22 PM »
Now compare that with Oahu.

That's pretty racist XO.
Oahu African American population hovers around 2%.
Houston and Chicago are closer comparisons.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »
The issue is not whether guns are legal or illegal, it is how many guns there are per capita.

I doubt that accurate figures are available (the NRA HATES for the government to actually have such information, as we know), but gun violence in Oahu. which is a place where guns are mostly all LEGAL is far less than in either Houston or Chicago.

Where there are guns, there will be gun violence.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »
A gun nut is someone that thinks that his collecting guns is more than a hobby, among other things.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 07:21:06 PM »
So....someone who only has 1 or 2 guns, is obviously not "collecting" them, so is apparently not a "gun nut".  I know what "collecting" things as a hobby are.  I have a nice collection of golf hats & mugs.  I also have a decent collection of "Magic the Gathering" cards

And to reference the attempt at gun nut clarity, collecting guns as a hobby is apparently merely....a hobby.  Like collecting vintage baseball cards, which would be a baseball card nut.  Do we have this phrase clarified now?

Or what is it supposed to mean "more than a hobby"?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »
Where there are guns, there will be gun violence.

Tell that to the Swiss.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 07:49:59 PM »
Touche'     ;)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »
There seems no reason to turn Oahu into Huston.

But what would it take to turn Chicago into Oahu?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
If we had the same laws that Switzerland had on guns, we would surely be a lot better off.

I do not expect that any serious gun control is possible other than in Hawaii, because there way too  any guns in circulation. I just try to stay away from guns. So far, I have not been shot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 12:41:48 AM »
I've been around them, most of my life.  I haven't been shot either.  Here's the reason, guns are inanimate objects.  They can't make themselves do anything.  Whether its 1 gun, or a billion guns, not one will ever attempt to shoot anyone.  So, its not the circulation of guns that makes them a threat....it's who's handling one.  And if its one of the good "gun nuts", that just makes things, that much safer, for the immediate surroundings

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
Again, if we had the gun laws that the Swiss have, fewer people would be shot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 11:55:50 AM »
And again, the more good "gun nuts" we have, in THIS country, fewer people would also be shot

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »
That is utter rubbish.

How do you propose that we have more "good" gun nuts? By making bad gun nuts good, or by arming previously unarmed nuts?

Just yesterday one of your gun nuts in North Carolina killed some of his neighbors over a fence. I doubt that he would have killed so many of them with a crowbar or a knife.

But they were Muslims, so maybe that is okay by you.