Author Topic: How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?  (Read 3177 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 08:28:47 AM »
NOT ONE 0f all the wars fought since I was ten years old would have deprived me of a single right.

Even a victory by Hitler would probably not have resulted in a Nazi conquest of this country.

The main cause of all the militarism has been to sell weapons and to corner markets to buy and sell stuff.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »
NOT ONE 0f all the wars fought since I was ten years old would have deprived me of a single right.

Because we won.  Many lives lost in the sacrifice of maintaining those rights 

Even a victory by Hitler would probably not have resulted in a Nazi conquest of this country.

Your guess is duly noted....as erroneously likely as it would have been.  We could have very easily been conquered, had Germany not been stopped.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
I doubt that. We had a rather large navy and the Germans would have had to cross it. Had the Germans defeated the British, their next campaign would have been to conquer the USSR, and that would have been a monumental task. 

But in any event, there is NO WAY that the lives of Americans living in this country would have lost their rights to speak freely if Chris Kyle had been a really poor shot or never existed at all. Wars this country has fought since WWII have had two purposes: to endure markets where US companies could buy and sell stuff, and a rationale for manufacturing tons and tons of weapons and armaments.

Most of those who attacked on 9-11 were Saudis, and not a one of them is in Guantanamo. They all died in the attacks. Not one of them was from Iraq, nor was trained by Iraq nor armed of financed by the Iraqi government.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »
I doubt that.

Well, good thing we didn't lose and have to find out

But in any event, there is NO WAY that the lives of Americans living in this country would have lost their rights to speak freely if Chris Kyle had been a really poor shot or never existed at all.

It's not about 1 person, Dr Deflection, and never was.  It's about the organization he's a part of....the military, that bled and died for you to maintain the right to spew your garbage.  You should be thankful, not hostile.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
The statement that I always hear is how I, personally, should be grateful because, for example 52,000 military died in Vietnam, and a lot of other places so I could speak freely.

Hence, I mentioned myself.  I did not say I was not sorry they had died, or recognized that they had made a great sacrifice.

Only that there was no way that anyone in Iraq, Panama, Grenada, Lebanon, Afghanistan, etc. could possibly have actually deprived me of my freedom of speech.

And furthermore, what the Hell good is my freedom of speech if I do not use it?

I do not think that it is up to you to tell me what attitude I must take, either.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 11:38:14 PM »
Not talking about a specific battle, or even just 1 war.  It's who they, folks like Kyle are, and what they do, most importantly, what they represent.....which is defend this country.  They bleed and die, to protect our way of life, our rights, our freedoms. 

So you can poo poo all you want, about specific wars all you want.  That's not at issue....only a convenient deflection.  Your right to spew your form of garbage is directly as a result of the effort and sacrifices our military has made, both in past, present, and future, so don't even try to portray your egregious lack of gratitude as yet another ridiculous accusation that you shouldn't have the right to spew.  Of course you have that right to the freedom of spew.  Enjoy it, and sleep horribly tonight knowing its folks, just like Chris Kyle that has defended that right.  Many of them, with their lives

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 11:59:31 PM »
The one thing this country is always in is some sort of war. We have bases of some sort in 153 countries, and there are barely 200 on the planet.
And if you yammer about Chris Kyle, then you are referring to a specific war. The one in Iraq that should never have been fought, so that Juniorbush could be a "War President" like his old man. Those who died there basically died for no good reason. Just as those who died in Vietnam.

Chris Kyle has done NOTHING to protect my freedom of speech. I think his major accomplishment will turn out to be to live a life that made a great vehicle for Clint Eastwood to make a kickass film. There are hundreds of people that work on any movie: cameramen, gaffers, caterers, Winnebago repairmen, and thousands who have jobs in movie theaters, selling tickets, peddling popcorn, pouring Pepsis and Cokes, scraping gum off the floor. They can thank Chris Kyle.

You are free to believer this infantile propagandistic crapola if you wish, but never have and I still don't.

Chris Kyle did not die for me. He did not die for you. He did not die for the folks behind that tree. He died because he thought it was a terrific idea to take a demented man to a shooting range. 
Turns out, it wasn't. 
Perhaps he should get a Darwin Award for that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 01:05:27 AM »
..And one more time for those who have a pathological inability to grasp the point being made.....it's not about 1 person, or even 1 war, its about what they represent.  What they represent is DIRECTLY related to protecting your freedom of spew

You may now return to your regularly scheduled bile fest

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »
I bet that with all the jobs in production, box office receipts and the CD sales, streaming video sales and such, American Sniper, the movie could produce as many jobs and as much income as the Keystone Pipeline, which is probably doomed for the time being.

As for your point, you have none. NOT ONE THING Chris Kyle did had any impact on my free speech. The entire Iraq War had no effect, either, nor did the Vietnam War, or all the wars in Panama, Lebanon and Grenada. 

Soldiers join the military for the same basic reasons burgerflippers flip burgers, woodchuckers chuck wood and firefighters fight fires: to earn a living, first and foremost. The idea that they can retire with a sweet pension before they are forty and get educational help also figures in there.  Patriotism ranks rather far down the list for most of them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 01:13:50 PM »
  Patriotism ranks rather far down the list for most of them.

No.

Even when it is a job more than adventure, it is a tough job with significant risk.
     Patriotism is important in the rank and file.
      They don't get high pay for shooting, nobody gets paid well enough to get shot.

After the 9-11 attacks there was a surge in enlistments, not because of any rise in pay.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »
FLASH!  There are Very few jobs that actually pay well. Even fewer if you have no college degree. Perhaps some people enlist because of patriotism: it is certainly a reason. But I do not think that it is the primary reason in most of the enlistees' minds at the moment they enlist. The incentives, ie a permanent job (as opposed to a temp job), the benefits, such as college tuition, VHA loans to buy a home and a government pension and training at being good at something are all surely more important reasons. Of course, there are always some who want to enlist to Kick Muslim Ass (today's version of Kick Enemy Ass),  which is not exactly patriotism, either is going to surge when the country is attacked. The ads for the Navy and Air Force that I have seen on TV are really well-made as well.

I certainly am not opposed to people enlisting in the military. But it is a real bore hearing again and again from people who think you should just shut up about the constant, unnecessary wars or cheer them on, and then tell you that you wouldn't be able to complain if you lived anywhere but in the Ewe Ess Hay. Again, surely some of the people that Chris Kyle sniped deserved to die for being despicable. But not a one of them had on their mind the intent of preventing me, or any other American from speaking freely here in this country.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
Your grasp of being able to speak towards what incentivises men & women to join our military is only rivaled by your notion of what incentivises law abiding gun owners to own firearms.  As you, you have no apparent fricken clue

AND NO ONE IS TELLING ANYONE TO SHUT UP.  Being criticized for woefully ignorant and/or erroneous stances/POV's, doesn't equate to saying they should shut up about them.  I realize that's a tactic of the left....attempt to criticise/condemn acts of rhetoric (all the invalid accusations of racist rhetoric, homphobic accusations, bigotry, etc.,) are all largely an effort to shut down opposing POV's.  Problem is that while that may be a tactic of the left, that doesn't equate to why folks like myself highlight such egregious irrational claims/accusations.  We do it to educate those, who may not know, or are trying to understand current situations and/or historical precedents

Point being, Plane is dead on, as it relates to those incentives that are predominant in the military, especially being he has 1st had experience, that you do not.  And one last time, its now about 1 man, Kyle defending your right of free spewing.  It's what he represents, that has defended it, with their blood and their lives, over the last 200+ years

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »
Yeah, sure.  You have to know that this is nonsense. Really.
No one fighting in Iraq was defending free speech in the US. No one.

I think the last of my relatives to be threatened by invasion was a fifth great grandfather named Demarius Brady.  He lived in Troup County, GA and heard that the Yankees were coming to free the prisoners at Andersonville. The legend was that he heard that the Union general was a Mason, and so he hung his Masonic apron over the gate of Long Cane Plantation and it was spared getting burned down. But he did lose some swine. So far as I know, his speech was not threatened.

Other ancestors fought in a Michigan company of the Union Army and on a riverboat in the Missouri River.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:34 PM »
Yeah, sure.  You have to know that this is nonsense. Really.
No one fighting in Iraq was defending free speech in the US. No one

And what part of it's not about 1 person, or even 1 war, its about what they represent.  What they represent is DIRECTLY related to protecting your freedom of spew.  So since you keep insisting on making this about 1 war, and 1 person, despite the ongoing indication that it isn't, you're done here

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 02:35:02 PM »

But not a one of them had on their mind the intent of preventing me, or any other American from speaking freely here in this country.

The war that is presently going on is not unnecessary, it is the same war that has been going on with little interruption since The Kobar towers and USS Cole bombing.

If you are smart you will not antagonize the IS by speaking too freely about the foibles of Islam or any imperfection of Mohammed , IS feels that their fatwa crosses borders.