Author Topic: How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?  (Read 3167 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 02:43:52 PM »
They will come after "Christians" before they bother me.

There are no instances at all of any American in the US being threatened by any Muslims for speaking freely.

My current doctor is an Iranian. I imagine he is a Muslim. But he is a cheerful and helpful fellow. My previous doctor was Dr Kamerman, who was about five months older than me and who died. He was Jewish and his wife's family were friends of Antonio Noriega, the ex-president of Panama.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:29 PM »

My current doctor is an Iranian. I imagine he is a Muslim.

Perhaps he is , perhaps not, this is only pertinent if he is sympathetic to IS.

If he has been in the US a long time as a successful doctor , this seems unlikely.

There are estimates that only 10% of Muslims are prone to extremism, Other estimates are even less. I would bet on the lower numbers.

But in the absence of reliable surveys these are just guesses.
     Supposing only 3% are liable to join actively , we are still talking about more persons than inhabit Germany. Persons spread across the globe and mixed in with less guilty and innocent persons.
       It isn't likely that we could wipe the pool of potential recruits out without causing their replacement among the survivors.

But , we could make an impression on them that leaves them thinking the idea is a bad one.

And -Or , allow them to congregate on a bit of flypaper.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:12 PM »
I doubt that even 1% of all Muslims are in any way active advocates of the various fanatical terrorist groups.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:10 PM »
What you think & doubt vs current reality are chasms apart.  As another poster, in another forum recently referenced....."I never understood how the world stood by while Hitler was able to murder millions. Now I get it."
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
Hitler Schmitler. Hitler has NOTHING to do with it.

There are about ONE BILLION Muslims on the Earth.  A billion is a thousand million. Ten percent would be ONE HUNDRED MILLION. One percent would be TEN MILLION. There are nowhere near TEN MILLION Muslims fighting with Isis, Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood.  I do not think there are even a million fighters and sympathizers put together.

If you cannot understand math, then seriously, you don't know shit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 06:10:04 PM »
Not every German fought for Hitler either.  The % Plane, and so many others have referenced isn't who is actively taking up arms against us.  It's in reference to everyone who's sympathtic/supportive to the cause of jihad, in the name of Allah, which includes the radical islamic terrorsts.  It also includes those thousands who danced up and down with the twin towers came down.  It includes the thousands that cheer when Israel is attacked.  It includes those thousands in the street chanting death to America, as Obama's favorite "success story", Yemen gets torn down by the ones who ACTIVELY are taking up arms. 

Not all of them are actively taking up arms, but there are millions who support the tens of thousands that have.  given the left's inability to do simple math, as noted in budget, tax, and debt talk, its no wonder that its not grasped here either
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 06:36:35 PM »
People can dance in the streets all they want, but that does no one any harm.

If support is simply cheering, then it is essentially meaningless. If they donate money, that is some help, but cheering in the streets is meaningless. The Occupy Movement had thousands cheering in the streets.

Yemen was no one's success story, please. It has been a basket case since the two Yemens united. Before that it was two basket cases, Yemen and Aden, then Yemen and South Yemen.  The basic problem in Yemen is unemployment. Then there is the problem that most Yemeni men are addicted to chewing khat. This makes them less dangerous, but also less predictable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0PgJ4fqpIM

As for the budget, the Republican'ts have never come close since Eisenhower. Lowering taxes to raise revenue has never worked and never will work. Neither party wants to deal with economic problems seriously. Juniorbush dropped a TRILLION dollars on the Iraq War and we heard very few Republican'ts saying "Can we afford this?" This country does not need eleven aircraft carrier groups, it does not need the F-135 or the Osprey. The shipyards and the aircraft industry wants to build them, and that is why they get built. One of these damned fighter jets could subsidize ten small colleges for a year, or one for ten years.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:20 PM »
People can dance in the streets all they want, but that does no one any harm.

Dr Deflection strikes again.  I DIDN'T SAY IT DID ANYONE ANY HARM NOW DID I? 

That said, ITS NOT JUST SUPPORTIVE OF THE PRACTICE OF THE MILITANT ISLAMISTS, ITS A MASSIVE POOL FOR OTHERS TO BECOME MORE "ACTIVE" IN THE ART OF TERRORIST ACTS, such as BEHEADINGS & BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE.  In a pool of MILLIONS, thousands upon thousands more could join the already more active tens of thousands of radical Islamists, currently taking up arms

A 3rd grader can grasp this logic.  How is that a supposed higher educated professor can not??

Yemen was no one's success story, please.

The President himself claimed it was a specific feather in his foreign policy hat.  Good to see even you, of all people, can see his utter failure in both policy & rhetoric

And will have to leave the utter nonsense of claiming that lowered taxes didn't increase revenues, when they did precisely that under Kennedy, under Reagain, and again under Bush II.  You may now return to replacing head firmly in sand   

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
That is a myth, and you have zero proof of this. It is just some crap that you read on some rightwing website or heard on some rightwing radio program.  So is the crap about corporate taxes being higher here than in other countries, since corporations rarely pay the actual rates, because of loopholes and deductions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 01:03:55 AM »

Facts continue to not be your best friend, Professor.  Suffice to say, reducing taxes has a stimulative effect on economic activity which has historically lead to an increase in government receipts.