Author Topic: How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?  (Read 3160 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?
« on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:15 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej_SRJNz9ls

I was unaware that Chris Kyle was shooting looters from atop the Superdome.

I was unaware that there were ANY snipers there.

A good comment on this propagandistic film.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: How about that brave, brave Chris Kyle?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
You have an image of Kyle shooting looters??  a Video??  Him saying so??  Or is this just more trash to take out?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
Apparently, he said he did this. I doubt that it was made up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-complicated-but-unveriable-legacy-of-chris-kyle-the-deadliest-sniper-in-american-history/

This came from an interview with Kyle, published in a biography of him,and reviewed in the Washington Post.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
Link please.....HIM actually.  Not someone saying he said that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »
It was, again, from an interview by a biographer.
 Most of the things that happen on this planet, contrary to what you might think, and not recorded and photographed made public.

Sometimes you just have to accept that things have happened that are not available online.
For example, if I read that Ted Cruz took a shit at 8:30 this morning and used seven squares of Charmin, I do not automatically demand that a photo  be produced along with DNA of Ted's poop, you know, to prove that it was not someone else's poop.

I did not hear of Chris Kyle until the film was made. I have outgrown war stories and prefer to read other types of literature. I did, however, follow the Katrina storm fairly thoroughly, and  heard of no snipers on the Superdome. That would surely have been an event that would have been reported that I doubt it would have been missed. And the story does not claim that Chris Kyle actually was atop the Superdome, sniping at people stealing stereos, groceries and whatever: it claims that Chris Kyle said that was something he did. I deem it highly likely that no one was sniping at anyone from atop the Superdome, but a biographer rarely makes up stuff that he heard the subject say.  It would take a rather sick person to snipe at fellow Americans in those circumstances, after all, and anyone claiming to have done it falsely would have to be a biy deranged to brag about such a made-event.

The rest of the video I posted was more interesting.

I do not doubt, as I have said, that it is a well-made and impressive film. That does not make it true or make anyone in it a hero, however. One of the most impressive propaganda films ever made was Reifenstahl's Triumph of the Will .

http://www.dr1.com/forums/members/xavier_onassis.html All it needs is color and better sound to me a perfect piece of propaganda for today.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:48:49 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »
So, its someone saying he said that.  Thats kind of what I thought.  You know, one of your students told me that you sleep in pink panties.  So I guess it must be true.

Please deposit your trash in the appropriate bin before leaving the saloon

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 05:49:44 PM »
The trash in this forum is most often yours, sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
Your ongoing erroneous opinion is duly noted. 

How 'bout this....rather than take this 3rd party as gospel, where's the articles showcasing our military SEALS stationed on The Superdome, shooting our citizens?  Where are these bodies?  In essence, where's the evidence to these alledged acts by Kyle??

Ball in your court

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »
Kyle alspo claimed that he slugged Jesse Ventura, which Ventura said did not happen. This is in Wikipedia.

In interviews with the Opie and Anthony Show and Bill O'Reilly in January 2012, Kyle claimed to have punched former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura at a bar in Coronado, California, in 2006 during a wake for Mike Monsoor, a U.S. Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient killed in Iraq. The story parallels an incident in his book which does not mention Ventura by name, and claims a character named "Scruff Face" said that the SEALs "deserved to lose a few guys."[30] Ventura filed a lawsuit against Kyle for defamation in January 2012.[31][32] After Kyle was killed the following year Ventura continued the lawsuit against Kyle's estate.[33] The court found that Kyle had falsely depicted Ventura in his book and in July 2014 the court awarded Ventura $1.8 million in damages.[34][35] Kyle's widow is appealing the verdict on behalf of Kyle's estate.[36]

I would imagine that getting a jury to award $1.8 million would need a pretty convincing argument.

I think I would question that such a libel was worth $1.8 million, but I was not at the trial. So it seems likely that Kyle like to make shit up. I think that an expert marksman could as easily as not be full of shit. Marksmanship and bullshitting are not mutually exclusive traits.  Perhaps the tale about the Superdome sniper was in Kyle's book.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
Or perhaps not.  I'll just wait for some evidence to support the accusation.  Until that time, this is sits perfectly with the resume' of your error riddled accusations

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »
I found this interesting as well:

On February 2, 2013, Kyle and a companion, Chad Littlefield, were shot and killed at the Rough Creek Ranch-Lodge-Resort shooting range in Erath County, Texas.[37] The suspected shooter is a 25-year-old U.S. Marine Corps veteran,[38] Eddie Ray Routh, who Kyle and Littlefield had reportedly taken to the gun range in an effort to help him with his personal problems.

Routh had been in and out of mental hospitals for at least two years and had been diagnosed with schizophrenia.[39] His family said he also suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in the military.[40][41] After the killings he went to his sister's house in Midlothian and told her what he'd done. His sister, Laura Blevins, called 911 saying: “They went out to a shooting range... Like, he’s all crazy. He’s [expletive] psychotic.”[42] Local police captured Routh after a short freeway chase, which ended when Routh, who had left the scene of the shootings in Kyle's Ford F-350 truck, crashed into a police cruiser in Lancaster, Texas.[43]

=============================================
If I wanted to help such a person as Routh, I think the very LAST place I would take him would be a gun range.
That is not a wise decision. Even given someone high on mushrooms the keys to your Ferrari would be wiser.

What do you think? Would YOU take a mental case like this to a gun range? Do crazy people really belong on gun ranges? I am thinking, no.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »
I have not accused anyone of anything., other than accusing you of being ignorant, snide and stupid.

I thought that the TYT review of the movie was an interesting perspective. 

My only real opinion is that there was no sniper atop the Superdome. And it is a good thing that there was not.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »
Of course you accused him of it.....thus the title of the thread.  I realize the knee jerk effort to smear our military heros.  Thank God we've had so many before Kyle sacrafice their very lives for you to try and degrade theirs.  Bravo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 07:29:46 PM »
Yeah, riiiiight. If kyle had not killed all those Ay-rabs, no doubt I'd be a hostage of Al Qaeda.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 07:52:11 PM »
Professor Hyperbole strikes again.  You need a cape and a big red letter H on the front of your t-short, with how boldly you use it