Author Topic: "I believe God is not done with America yet."  (Read 738 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"I believe God is not done with America yet."
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:56:52 PM »
Cruz actually said this.  What the f*ck is this supposed to mean?

Is God ever "done" with any country?

Was God "done" with the Japanese and the Germans in 1945, for example?

I suppose God was "done" with all the inhabitants of the Planet he allegedly drowned around the time of Noah.

Did Cruz mean it that way, that God is a-waiting to wipe us out?

This is one of the dumbest sentences I have ever heard a politician utter.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: "I believe God is not done with America yet."
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
Nothing is going to top "We need to pass it to see what's in it" .  A Close 2nd would be "If you like your Dr. you can keep him....period.  If you like your insurance, you can keep it....period"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 02:36:53 PM »
You are unable to understand the context of  what you posted. But there is no disputing that even if a Democrat says something dumb, it cannot make Cruz's stupid remark smart.

What do you think Ted meant by this?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
Of course I can.  You produced a comment you believed was the worst you've ever heard uttered by a politician.  I provided 2 others that indeed top it...one in the context of reckless irresponsibilty with tax payer dollars, the other demonstrated as lie of the year.  Both of which topping anything remotely over the taken without context comments Cruz may have made
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
  It is a nice idea that the USA can be useful to God.

Or that God has a part in crafting the shape of America.

This would be easy to support with the speeches of Abraham Lincoln, Jeff Davis seems a good antagonist to this idea.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »
How does anyone or anything become "useful to God"? 

God knows everything, God can create whole universes, God must be pretty good at amusing himself as well. Or at least this is true is we assume that god is All-Knowing, All-Powerful,  Exists everywhere all at once and is All Good. That is the usual definition of God.

Jeff Davis quoted the Bible just as much as Lincoln did. He was convinced that God was all for slavery. After all, Jesus never said anything about it. St Paul told the slaves to make an extra effort to please their masters.

If God was paying attention in "crafting America", he must have had a bit of a lapse when he left Point Roberts, Washington just dangling down from BC with no way out except through the Great White North.

On the other hand, thanks to Point Roberts, we have about 1200 Americans who are always aware of the rate of exchange between the US$ and the Cdn$ and surely are up on Imperial gallons, American gallons and liters. 

Cruz seems to be implying that somehow God  is "done" with countries. Perhaps is has decided to forget about Vanuatu, abandon Togo, or stop bothering with Swaziland.

Cruz's statement makes no logical sense. I suppose that he said this because he was visiting a place swarming with fundies and felt obliged to mention God. But he could have said "God Bless America" (trite, all politicians say this, apparently they assume that God obeys their instructions) or he could make that quip that Juniorbush made about "Wonder working Power" back in his first campaign. As I recall, that sort of brought down the house. Cruz is supposed to be really smart. But apparently he is unaware of the old preacher trick of quoting hymns that everyone has heard since they were in swaddling clothes (or Pampers). That always gets a rise out of a fundie congregation.