Author Topic: Hillary & $$$  (Read 11814 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary & $$$
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2015, 03:05:15 PM »
The fact that all you seem capable of discussing is about how BAD Democrats are and how there is a CONSPIRACY to take away your guns and let gay people MARRY one another and actually call it a marriage has everything to do with your obsessive personality.

Perhaps you could explain how Bill Clinton getting a huge speaker's fee in return for some Russian company buying a Canadian company that owns an American company is going to harm anyone in this country.

Every President since Reagan has cashed in on huge speakers fees. I imagine they pay taxes on their earnings. I don't see how this is must different from Taylor Swift getting paid for singing her songs or Ann Coulter writing her books.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
The fact that all you seem capable of discussing is about how BAD Democrats are and how there is a CONSPIRACY to take away your guns and let gay people MARRY one another and actually call it a marriage has everything to do with your obsessive personality.

See?  It's practically genetic.  You immediately have to inject something no one is talking about and/or other hot button political issues that have nothing to do with the current topic.  I'm no more "obsessive" than you are at discussing how BAD Republicans are, and how there is an OLIGARCHY to take away your dollars, and force women to have children, and actually dare to call a fetus an unborn child....demonstrates precisely the same supposed obsessive personality.  And all of it, irrelevent to the topic at hand

Perhaps you could explain how Bill Clinton getting a huge speaker's fee in return for some Russian company buying a Canadian company that owns an American company is going to harm anyone in this country.

That's easy.....flip parties.  If you had a Republican receiving huge speaker's fees, while their Republican spouse was in a position of political influence to facilitate deals that shower themselves with millions of $$$$ in "donations"......and then fail to even disclose it on your taxes, and you'd be going apesnot, at what else they would do

In other words, its all about buying politicians and the power they can peddle.  PRECISELY that which you condemn those evil Republicans of doing.  Here, you have Billary doing it in spades, but apparently that can be justified because............?

Every President since Reagan has cashed in on huge speakers fees.

Its not about the fees.  Bill can get $5 million in speaker fees, if someone wants to pay him for it.  I could care less.  It has to do with the power of the politician at the other end.  It would appear that Bill wouldn't have received such a nice Russian speaker fee, if it weren't for the wife, running the State Dept, that gave it the thumbs' up.  And poof, there's not just a nice speaking fee, but millions more $$$'s "donated" to their foundation, from the folks who were directly benefited from the uranium transfer.  And there's no politician more powerful than the President of the U.S.  If you can buy that.........well, there you go.

I don't see how this is must different from Taylor Swift getting paid for singing her songs or Ann Coulter writing her books.

That's because you're having a clash between your efforts to rationalize what you'd condemn Republicans for doing and the ongoing support of the ends justifying the means.  Neither Coulter nor Swift are in a position to push anything, outside their books & CD's.  And even then, that's voluntary purchasing of their products.  Best stick with the latter, so you won't look like such a hypocrite
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »
Again, you tell me what I "best do". 
I am not going to take your advice. You may have noticed that I disobey you frequently.

That is because of the observation that you are nucking futz.

You think YOU determine the "topic at hand", but you do not.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
Again, you tell me what I "best do". 
I am not going to take your advice. You may have noticed that I disobey you frequently.

Ignoring the multiple times I've made it clear that its a suggestive reference vs some order.  Then again, that's nust another deflection effort, to avoid the current topic at hand.  If you want to try to have it both ways....hypocrite and honesty, by all means, full speed ahead

You think YOU determine the "topic at hand", but you do not.

LOL......you can deflect all you want, off onto some completely unrelated topic.  Just don't think you get a pass on how transparent and reflexive its demonstrated to be.  This being just the latest in the effort, noting how you're avoiding, like the plague, what Hillary's manage to add to her incompotent resume, that you'd be vilifying any Republican for.   Not to mention, it wasn't that long ago, you started some thread, and when I and others responded with some tangent, you literally got all angry, demanding to stay on topic.

I realize trying to defend the indefensible is hard, but trying to use me as your go-to deflection effort is getting really lame
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »
Yes or no:

- Did Billary get millions in donations to their Foundation from foreign interests??
- Was Hillary the secretary of State, and signed off on the uranium deal to a Russian organization that donated $$$ fo their Foundation??
- Did Bill get a lucrative speaking fee in front of a Russian audience, following said approval of American Uranium to a Russian Company??
- Did Billary fail to note these tens of billions in donations, from Foreign sources, to to their Foundation, on their tax returns??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
Why should I care? Lots of charitable groups get money from outside the US.
Why should I care?  Not one atom of Uranium has gone to Russia.
Is getting a speaking fee illegal? All speaking fees are pretty much lucrative, unless they charge rent on the water pitcher and glasses.
Why don't you look at their tax returns? Surely you have a copy.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2015, 01:31:08 AM »
So making toilet paper is a productive act, while advertising toilet paper is not?

This has nothing to do with how the money is made. 

The Cato Institute is a non profit entity, just like the Clinton Foundation.

Advertising is a service.

Selling access to power is graft.
     Although the Clinton Foundation may be well qualified as a nonprofit, it does seem to have a few well paid employees.
                                                                                                                                                                 BRUCE R LINDSEY-CEO CHAIRMAN OF BOARD  TIL 7/2013        $360,672.
                  ERIC BRAVERMAN CEO               until JULY 2013                       $261,041.
                   HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON    DIRECTOR                                           $0
                   FREDERIC POUST  DIR. SPONSORS & MRKTING                       $464,229.
                   CHELSEA V. CLINTON          DIRECTOR                                              $0
                    WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON   DIRECTOR                                       $0
                  https://www.clintonfoundation.org/sites/default/files/clinton_foundation_report_public_11-19-14.pdf

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:56 AM »
Why should I care?

Because if this were a Republican, you wouldn't just care, you'd be tripping all over yourself in proclaiming how "see, this is why Republicans can't be trusted, why they can't be in charge, that they're bought and payed for"

1 more time, its NOT about that they receive foreign donations or lucrative speaking fees.  It's the access to political power to get things done or get things someone wants.  American uranium now belongs to a Russian company....who in turn gave mega bucks to the Clinton Foundation, and a plush speaking gig to Bill.  It's the epitome of sleazy politics, such as renting out the Lincoln bedroom, but with the added bonus of the President waiting for you in the bed (or a Secretary of State)

Why don't you look at their tax returns? Surely you have a copy.

So all that reporting of the fact they didn't disclose those 10's of millions in donations, from all those sources, including by the NY Times are all.....lying??  Is that what you're trying to claim?  Ignoring of course, that when it was uncovered, they quickly started to "edit" those returns

Again, stuff you'd be vilifying a Republican for.  But you don't care, because its a Democrat being bought and payed for.  And apparently that's ok to you

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
It's the epitome of sleazy politics, such as renting out the Lincoln bedroom, but with the added bonus of the President waiting for you in the bed (or a Secretary of State)
=======================================================================
So now you claim that Bill and Hillary have sex in the Lincoln bedroom with their donors?

Nucking futs,

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »
It's the epitome of sleazy politics, such as renting out the Lincoln bedroom, but with the added bonus of the President waiting for you in the bed (or a Secretary of State)
So now you claim that Bill and Hillary have sex in the Lincoln bedroom with their donors?

Nucking futs,

There are probably very few with enough money to hire Hillary as a prostitute.

Bill on the other hand , is more affordable.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »

Professor literal strikes again.  NO, that's not what I'm claiming.  It's rhetorical     ::)   But cudos on continuing to avoid what is not just claimed, but credibly factual

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »
You have no clue as to how to carry on any argument. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
LOL.....oh its transparently clear how you "carry on an arguement"

1st and foremost avoid the point being made
- Deflect
- Hyperbole
- Try to claim some literal interpretation
- Combination of any/all of the above

Then argue that....that being a point not made, or even implied, yet argue that to death

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
No point at which your position is untenable is ever anything BUT a deflection.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »
LOL.....so true....facts to a toe tag liberal....like kryptonite to superman.  Nice deflection btw.  Anything and everything to avoid the current topic of Hillary and tens of millions of dollars her foundation & Bill takes in from foreign interests, especially when she's SoS, while those interests rake in some sweet deals, cleared by the State Dept