Author Topic: More Than a Quarter-Million Refugees on Food Stamps - 74.2 percent in 2013  (Read 12346 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
the market has set the wages in the past and it`s the reason minimum wage came about and since it`s been around the economy seems to bar the brunt and flourish even extremely well. this new increase is simply a cost of living adjustment due to the past decade of delays. any damage cause from it will becauses businesses did adjust wages in  timely manner. seriously if you inventory goes up in price exactly what excuse do you have for not adjusting wages also. labor is overhead also.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Some states have their own minimum-wage standards that are higher than the federal rate
the states are free to demand that workers earn more per hour than the federal $7.25 level
but may not pass laws that pay workers less.

I hope California raises their minimum wage to $20 an hour
and even more companies would say "Cya"!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
not $20 but $15 and it doesn`t look like their packing up . it`s been calculated for fast food the wage increase would overall be less than 30cents per item. so it`s very unlikely large business will leave due to wages. costly regulations is another matter.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
No one is going to pack up a McDonald's in LA and move it to Texas.

Some businesses can move and others cannot.

Texas may be a great place to OWN a business, but California is a better place to work in one.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Or in most of the cases, those small businesses just close up, here in CA....so no one works
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
it`s already happening but then I notice those that closed already had two thing against them. 1. their places I don`t normally goto 2. I never heard of them till they closed. meaning they were likely gonna go away . all the places I liked that closed are due to lack of business any that closes now will more likely close due to lack of business also.

meaning increased wages is not likely the main problem. thiers a limit to how many Egyptian themed trinkets you can sell in san Francisco, hemped handsbags,organic shoes, Chinese porcelain.

it`s a very sad inside fact us Chinese don`t care for Chinese porcelain and still stores keep popping thinking we`ll buy enough to support their business.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Texas may be a great place to OWN a business, but California is a better place to work in one.

There you go!

That hits the nail on the head.

Most businesses are started by entrepreneurs.
Most businesses are directed by executives.

If more businesses were founded and run by the employees the California method would work better.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The minimum wage  has failed to rise with inflation for many, many years.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
texas has great potential. the current trend is for businesses to only hired ready made employee and never bother to train. texas instrument doesn`t not follow that model and is famous for it`s training program. I`m very partial to T.I. way of doing businesses. if other texas business is similar then it`ll not lose due to talent unlike others are complaining about the lack of talent currently.

I`m not supporting the increase of wages due to inflation. I`m supporting due to it`s effect to the economy. lower wages means lower profitable spending. lower spending on higher items means no profit for businesses. a nation of Walmart spenders will mean no home,car or computer owners

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Higher minimum wages are not enforced on illegal aliens nor on black market labor.

If you raised the minimum wage higher , you do get a larger black market of labor.

Some year lets raise minimum wage high enough to put everyone out of legal work, the result would not be no one working, the result would be the conversion of the entire economy to black market labor .

On the black market , no one can demand more for their labor than it is worth.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
yes the black market will be larger but not to large their are natural limits for how much a business can spend under the counter. so it`ll never be at a serious blatant level. notice all thoses nanny scandals from politicians.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
yes the black market will be larger but not to large their are natural limits for how much a business can spend under the counter. so it`ll never be at a serious blatant level. notice all thoses nanny scandals from politicians.

There are also natural limits to how much the government can declare value by fiat.

When the government approaches these limits , it destroys jobs and potential jobs.

Some of these jobs move to other jurisdictions , some of them become black market jobs, and some of the jobs are just gone.

How many people are pumping gas for the customer now?

The demand for full service gas stations never was lessened , but the value was less than could support the higher minimum wage.

Since full service gas stations are hard to make secret, hard to move elsewhere,  this job was destroyed entirely.   

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
actually it`s partially that . my family used to own a service station and  people eventually preferred to pump their own gas instead of paying extra for the service. we eventually had to let him go and made all the pump self-service. it really pissed all those fake handi-capped drivers. they tend to be the only ones who want full service

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
There are probably some people who are too incapacitated to pump their own gas, like those extremely fat folks that require a wheelchair to get around in.
But they are a small number compared to people who were just too lazy.

Australia has a minimum wage of $16 per hour, and a booming economy. People who talk about abolishing or refusing to raise the minimum NEVER mention Australia, though we know they would if it did not disprove their right wing theories.

People have to earn enough to feed, clothe and house themselves.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
food and clothes yes but housing is not exactly viable. the chaos in that market is so high that the topic of wages is hardly possible. I`m quite amazed we`ve haven`t made living in our cars acceptable. it`s would totally make owning a suv more popular