Author Topic: uhm riots are not covered by insurance  (Read 10163 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: uhm riots are not covered by insurance
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 06:56:49 PM »
Sad isn't it.  All those years we heard of how it was whites who wanted segregation, "all white this, all white that".  My, how up is down, and down is now up.  MLK doing some more rolling in his grave    :'(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »
No idea of the circumstances that led to Gray's Spinal Cord injury

I have a gut feeling this guy was roughed up badly....he may have been an asshole to the cops.
probably was....but I think someone lost their temper with Freddie....and they killed him.
did he deserve to die? No..it's terrible what happened.
but when you're dealing with cops...you better cooperate.
Cops deal with the shit side of society on a daily basis.
Dealing with what they deal with...who is surprised some of them are mean short tempered crazies?
I am not excusing abuse....but it's going to happen.
So I take the attitude is NEVER give them an excuse to come down hard on you.
And I actually do appreciate them and what they deal with.
But of course there are nutty cops....and we don't know which one's are nuts...
So why take the chance and be a smart ass to them?
Yes Sir!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »
I pretty much agree....especially on point of COMPLYING with police officers' instructions.  That said, you have this battery of folks like Sharpton, JJ, and a whole host of politicians, that continue to infer that Blacks are somehow to get a pass at acting up, because....they were wrong for so many years, that they have some apparent right not to have to adhere to current law enforcement instructions.  Because its apparently racist to give a black person a lawful order.

Until more detail comes out, its hard to even speculate.  What is wholly NOT helpful is to continue to paint law enforcement as some agency bent on killing people, especially blacks.  That just feeds the tension,.... to the point of boiling
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »
right now the citizens are actively preventing riots from happening. their forming a human barrier to prevent officers from being attacked. hope they get credit for it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 11:41:26 PM »
Yeah, sirs thinks it is all Sharpton's fault.

I have NEVER heard Sharpton advocate violence.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 01:51:01 AM »
Yeah, sirs thinks it is all Sharpton's fault.

Right...because that's what I said........NOT

I have NEVER heard Sharpton advocate violence.

And no one claimed he has.  What he does is stoke racial tension, accusing acts of racism, when there isn't any, and even later proved that there isn't any, but he still pushes it, which in turn ignites the ignorant into believing they're being attacked, and then they feel justified in responding.  It has squat to do with Sharpton or any of his ilk advocating violence

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »
no racism
not agreeing about that. as somebody whose not black I do hear remarks when a black person leaves a room and observes differing attitudes toward them . overall not often and not to all blacks and to a degree caused by themselves. but I can imagine that ever constant feeling you have a touch of a disadvantage can wear on some people.

ex. Arthur Anderson a former major accounting firm s.f. had only one black secretary in the building. not saying it`s deliberate but these little instance will pile up on ones mind.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »
I simply have to point to Ferguson, Kimba.  There was absolutely noting racist in the actions of the police officer, and yet there were riots fueled by Sharpton's, and his ilk's calls for "justice"

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 11:33:38 AM »
well not straight forward racism. all these situation to me do not seem to be directly caused by racism.

ferguson is a breaking point from all the other police related deaths. blacks are the primary race that will notice if an officer commits an offense but that riot grew into it`s momentum from other races that joined in and the chaos drowned out those people`s statement that they also fear police brutality. meaning bad cops do not exclusively beat blacks.  we non-black crowds are abit more timid about this subject . remember a lot of the black protestors ask the white protestors to stop but it got out of hand

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 12:07:54 PM »
well not straight forward racism.

As far as Ferguson goes, not even bent or curved racism.  And yet there was Sharpton, and other race baiting minions, stoking the flames of some required element of justice (an indicment for murder, superimposed with a racist intention)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
You sure hate Sharpton.

Sharpton has never started a single riot.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »
ex. Arthur Anderson a former major accounting firm s.f. had only one black secretary in the building.

And why is that?

Kimba honestly we have made several conscious efforts to hire black office staff....with ZERO luck.
Hired several....none worked out.
Could it happen if we kept trying?
Yeah maybe.
Are there blacks that could be great for us?
Of course there are....
But how much effort can a business spend to find a needle in a haystack?
We are a business and can not spend exorbitant amounts of time looking and looking.
We've got a full-time business to run and the challenges that brings.
We have hired lots of employees over the years.
A certain percentage are flakes and the flakes come in all colors.
We have found a few superstars, kept them, and paid them well.
All the superstars have thus far been white and hispanic.
We have some super-star black contractors, but when offered office jobs they wanna stay put as contractors.

So what is one to do?....To automatically assume it's due to racism is a silly conclusion.
Do you or anyone else really believe that had we found a black superstar
that we would not have kept them in our office because of their skin color?
That is laughable at best....
Hell we don't care if your skin is purple, green, or yellow as long as you show up everyday and work your ass off.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »
You sure hate Sharpton.

I don't hate him at all.  What I hate is when he's in front of a bunch of microphones, how he pushes racial tension and makes ludicrous racist accusations, minus any facts to back it up, which in turn ignites others to think they are justified in acting out.

Sharpton has never started a single riot.

Sure he has.  Not with calls to riot, but with demands of "justice".  What's worse, is that if there does come an event that's racially motivated, it won't have the credibility, because of all the times he's cried wolf.  And don't even get me started on the plethora of acts where blacks have willfully attacked whites, based purely on race.  Never once, have I heard him comdemn such acts

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »
No one starts riots by not denouncing people you dislike.

Everyone wants justice.
Since rightwing propagandists always condemn him, because he screwed up a generation ago about Tawana Brawley, you do the same. Monkey see, monkey do. You are legendary for your total lack of originality.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »
No one starts riots by not denouncing people you dislike....Everyone wants justice.

When you perpetually accuse members of the police of largely being racist, and proclaiming their acts are facilitated by racism (MINUS ANY ACTUAL FACTS TO SUPPORT THE WRECKLESS ACCUSATION), then follow up with demands of justice......you get riots

Since rightwing propagandists always condemn him, because he screwed up a generation ago about Tawana Brawley, you do the same. Monkey see, monkey do. You are legendary for your total lack of originality.

Did you say something?  Didn't think so.  Yea, let's try to argue something completely disconnected from current reality.    ::)   That might be your SOP, not mine