Author Topic: uhm riots are not covered by insurance  (Read 10164 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: uhm riots are not covered by insurance
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »
my conclusion is from the fact it is a large business located in san Francisco and the position is not something minorities cannot do. remember I also work in lawfirms which has plenty of black secretaries. so how does an major accounting firm has only one. it`s can`t be lack of skills sets. lawfirms has way more abusive workloads. Ive seen secretaries run crying down the hallways . the secretaries who are friends of mine are soo thick skin their not aware how tough the job is despite seeing others breaking down.

I`ll admit secretary is a position that`s not truly hired by the company but needs approval from the person who works with the secretaries so if person of color can`t fit at Arthur Anderson. which I find very strange I know of one attorney soo hard to work for they had get two secrtaries to work with him in alternate days. at Anderson I worked with an attorney easy to be with due to my background but I had to help calm his secretary due to her inexperience with lawyers. so my perspective is any other job is not very challenging for minorities to get.

one lawyer who I find likeable needed armed security twice. this is how crazy a lawfirm can get so to me a black secetray working for a accounting firm just don`t seem hard for her.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
It is very hard to loot Black businesses, since there are few of them.  I know that here in Miami, I know of no Black owned businesses that sell flat screen TVs and stereos, liquor or other favorites of drunken looters.

The most successful tend to be of the sort that is not productive to loot: funeral homes, hair salons, places selling Black hair and beauty supplies. Looters are nearly all men, and  it is not manly to steal relaxer and wigs for the girl friend: it means you are pussy-whipped.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 06:12:20 PM »
not sure about that. tv and stereo  not likely but liquor without me looking I`m pretty their re quite afew businesses. on the news I remember black store owners saying they get a pass on looting due to them knowing the looters. but some do try to loot anyway

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 10:44:55 PM »
I am pretty sure that the percentage of Black owned businesses is greater in SF than in Miami.
When we had riots here in Miami, the rioters burned down pretty much everything except a restaurant famous for soul food. It was, ironically, owned by a Jewish guy. But all the employees were Black.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 12:20:28 AM »
No one starts riots by not denouncing people you dislike.

Everyone wants justice.
Since rightwing propagandists always condemn him, because he screwed up a generation ago about Tawana Brawley, you do the same. Monkey see, monkey do. You are legendary for your total lack of originality.

I remember that.

Bill Cosby was also involved, but then she turned out to be a false accuser .

False accusation is a bane on all real victims, and any who would help victims.

Cosby was just as wrong as any that time, but he wasn't a one trick pony.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
I am not sure what you are referring to.
The riots in Miami occurred when a gang of cops beat a Black guy named Mc Duffy who was speeding on a motorcycle to death with flashlights.
They were all found innocent and were returned to their jobs.
Mc Duffy was a nephew of an office and colleague of mine, an accounting professor.

Liberty City, about 40 blocks S. of where I live, erupted.

I don't recall Cosby or Sharpton as being seriously involved.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
cosby pretty much went the opposite direction and started blasting parts of youth cultures for the problems. which made him more of a target for his problems today.

II`ll admit I agree with bill despite he`s the villain right now. seriously one of the most respected scientist in America is black and most likely the community does not acknowledge his existence or use him as a role model. he was even told in school not to pursue that field thinking it`s not helpful to the cause.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:19:40 PM by kimba1 »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »
Cosby is a talented comedian, actor and educator, and his comments on how some Black people do dumb things like shoplift, riot and act out are entirely correct. His being a lech (as he is accused of being) does not make less talented or his comments less accurate. The fact that a person is an expert at one field does not make him a saint. Washington and Jefferson owned slaves, and perhaps Jefferson slept with a teenage Sally Hemmings in a situation that would be clearly child abuse today, and Sally seems to have borne his children. That does not mean that he was any less skilled at the many valuable and admirable things he did. The fact that a person has one or more character defects does not invalidate his  qualities. I am pretty sure that Adolf Hitler was better at oil painting than I am. So was Dwight Eisenhower.

Summers might or might not be accurate in his theories about why there are so few women scientists and mathematicians. He has a right to have that opinion and to express it. But as Tyson says, to validate such a theory, we must first have a situation in society in which women have the same social attitudes towards their talents as men have. Until such time, there is not a valid scientific way to confirm his theory.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a brilliant and articulate scientist, and he is more brave that most about his beliefs. There are a lot of scientists that are atheists and do not dare to declare this publicly, as has Tyson. After having watched his version of "Cosmos", I think he did an even better job than did Carl Sagan. Of course, there have been scientific discoveries made in the intervening years about the size and age of the Universe that were unknown when Sagan produced his version. Sagan, being a scientist, would almost certainly agree that Tyson added to the value of the presentation, It is the nature of science to constantly add to the body of knowledge. And I do not mean to detract from the hundreds of people behind the scenes that contributed to make both versions of Cosmos so informative and enjoyable.

When I was in undergrad school at a Southern Baptist college in MO, the biology teacher, a Dr Gyer, dedicated one entire class to explaining his concept of the Theory of Evolution. His main example focused on how Parker fountain pens were superior to other brands that had gone before, and how this meant that Parker Fountain pens were sure to take over a larger share of the market, because they were easier to fill and held more ink and the nibs did not wear out so quickly. I assume that he dared not mention plants or dogs or God forbid, monkeys, chimps and humans, lest the preachers that served on the college Board of Trustees might get wind of him *gasp!*, being an evolutionist.  The textbook for Bio 101 did mention DNA on about ten pages as I recall. There were nothing whatever on Dr. Gyer's exams or handouts about Natural Selection, Darwin or even fountain pens. Some scientists have more guts than others, and one has to respect that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2015, 10:21:47 PM »
Well made pens are a good illustration of intelligent design.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »
I agree that there is a sort of connection between products and the evolution of biota.

What is most like the way pens were improved for specific purposes and qualities is the way humans changed their domestic animals, lie dogs, horses and livestock.