Author Topic: The "Religion of Peace" strikes it's own.  (Read 11939 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The "Religion of Peace" strikes it's own.
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2015, 02:52:28 AM »
Jesus and a Roman Centurion make nice, and Jesus tells his disciples that a lot of Gentiles will see heaven, some Jews won't.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%208&version=NIV
5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”

7 Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”

8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
Jews first!
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2010&version=NIV
 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

[][][][][][][][]
Everybody eventually.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2024&version=NIV
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2028&version=NIV

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 04:30:59 PM »
I think we can all agree that Islamic State is a bunch of barbarous fanatics.From Harper's Index, May 2015:
Estimated number of deaths caused by Islamic State since January 2014:  4000
Estimated number of deaths caused by Boko Haram since January 2014:    7200.

Can we conclude that assumed Black people (Nigerians) murdered unjustly are as much an outrage as those assumed to be White, or at least sort of White (Syrians and Iraqis)?

Boko Haram deserves 1.8 times as much outrage if Nigerian lives are as significant as Syrian/Iraqi ones.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
Ok I am 1.8 times more hurt with Boko Haram.

Does this require that we use almost twice as many drone strikes?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »
I imagine that the number of victims is only one factor in deciding when a drone strike might be useful.

I was simply pointing out the statistics. I am not an expert in drones or their effectiveness.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."