Author Topic: There's no denying a certain reality  (Read 10299 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: There's no denying a certain reality
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
Ii take issue that new business is a tax drain since the influx of employment should more than compensate any loss. My town actually accused the schools has less money. But in all this time all the businesses has increased activity due to more people able to buy there stuff. I cry budget issues more than tax breaks the problem. Remember these businesses are brought in fir financial reasons.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
I cry budget issues more than tax breaks the problem. Remember these businesses are brought in fir financial reasons.

BINGO!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2015, 12:47:36 PM »
If you can't afford it, you have no business being a Republican
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
Not that my income has anything to do with party affiliation, considering the likes of Soros & Steyer could afford it, but are not Republicans either, but demonstrating again how wrong you are, I'm not a Republican.  I'm a registered Independent
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »
I also cry budget issues in California's financial problems also. My nephew took culinary classes at city college and a chunk of the course is business management . Nothing to do with food at all. Meaning its super crazy easy to lose track of huge amounts of money at just have it disappear not illegally.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »
So true.  And the kicker is, the bigger Government gets, the more that happens (both the legal & illegal)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
In my town i recall audits being made and never once have i heard of the end results. I did followed up with my connections with the city on a audit on homeless programs. That one simply got shut down with nobody ever to mention it.

Because of that I will always vocally bringup the sheer amount if money going to any program and hiw much actually makesit thier.
All programs not just homeless

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2015, 03:12:29 PM »
In my old age i've gotten alot less respectful of things

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:36 PM »
I fail to see the point of registering as an independent. Basically that means that you have no real say in who the candidates are of either party. If there were an "Independent" party that would make sense. But there isn't. and it doesn't.

If you registered as a Democrat, you could vote against Hillary. If you registered as a Republican, there are plenty to choose to vote for or against.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2015, 03:53:33 PM »
I fail to see the point of registering as an independent.

To each, their own.  Point is, incomes does not make the party

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 05:06:49 PM »
The Republican Party has been the party of wealth and privilege ever since  the days of Harrison vs Cleveland. The GOP inherited the role of "business party" from the Whigs and the Know Nothings around the time of James K Polk. It was been the party of  money, Protestantism and native born White folks since the times of Rutherford Hayes, whose election ended the occupation of the Siuth by the Freedmen's Bureau.

The Democratic Party is somewhat more complicated, as it has been the party of newcomers, and was the party of most Catholics until the time of Reagan's Southern Strategy. After the Civil War, the Republicans called the democrats the party of Rum, Romanism and Rebellion, since Republicans tended to be Protestants and  supported the Union more than the Democrats, some of whom were Copperheads.

Since FDR, the Democrats have favored government support for the underprivileged, and after Reagan, this has become more important to the Democrats. Reagan's Southern Strategy was to ignore prosecution of the victims of the Klan and other White Power groups in the South, and that is why much of the South swing from Jim Crow Democrats to "They got too much already" Republicans, now more Grandsons of Jim Crow than Fathers of Jim Crow.

If you care about the environment and wise use of public lands, the Democrats favor this more.
If you love Big Oil, Big Banks, and Big Pharma and the Military Industrial Complex, the Republicans are your party.

Both parties have rich donors, but the Republicans have the ones who refuse to do anything to prevent the rich from get richer at the expense of the poor and middle class.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »
The massive error in your premise being that those Republicans that actually support tax relief to ALL tax payers, are the ones who are actually supporting the poor and middle classes.  The ones who resist living wage hikes are trying to save small businesses, who hire so much of the poor. 

Putting aside that the KKK was founded by the Democrat party, and still demonstrates overt racist tendencies & rhetoric, it's the policies of the Democrats, fueled by garbage like Obamacare that is gutting the middle class, and making more of the poor class beholden to Government........of course, that's the nefarious goal now, isn't it
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:26:54 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 07:04:13 PM »
Both parties have rich donors, but the Republicans have the ones who refuse to do anything to prevent the rich from get richer at the expense of the poor and middle class.

How again are your rich different than our rich?

And how indeed are there so nearly equal numbers of wealthy in both parties?

The divisions of class are hazy in the USA , and do not fall where proponents of class warfare wish they would.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
There's this twisted mindset that believes that if "the rich gets richer", the poor must get poorer.  When in reality, EVERYONE can get richer.  Just because the rich might get richer in overall amount, doesn't take away that the middle class, and poor can get richer at a much greater %, than 'the rich do". 

The left gets so stircrazy with the overall numbers that some people make/earn.  Of course you rarely hear them obsess over Soros' fortune....or the Kennedy's....or the Kerry's.....or the Clinton's.  It'a always how Republicans that make too much, despite that the right gives exponentially more to charity than their Democrat politician counterparts.  Point being, that under GOP policies, EVERYONE CAN get richer, which yes, includes "the rich".  But apparently that's not acceptable, that 'the dreaded rich" get richer....unless of course, you're a Democrat

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »
  There are zero sum games , like chess or poker.

When you are playing one of these games you just can't all win , the game divides a finite prize and the more one wins the more another must loose.

Prosperity is not a zero sum game , everyone that creates value has potential to not only share it , but to help other persons create value also.