Author Topic: CDC: Only 4% of U.S. males have sex with other men...  (Read 11385 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CDC: Only 4% of U.S. males have sex with other men...
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »
Female homosexuality is certainly less harmful than female heterosexuality or male homosexuality. It is not like God decided all this.
It is not like God decided any of this. I mean, people are never born with three eyes or one cyclops type eye in the middle of their heads.
If God wanted to prevent humans from being homosexuality, he could have done so, in the same manner that he did not design cyclopses or three-eyed people.

There are several species of animal in which if there are not enough males, some of the females turn into males, and vice versa.
If a dog humps your leg is is because a dog is designed in such a way that it finds humping your leg pleasurable.
I see no evidence that some people are not born gay. Binabos have been observed having gay sex. There is ample evidence that gay men and women have been present in every civilization we have been able to study in depth.

If anything, the burden of proof should be to prove that some people are NOT born gay.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
God, did actually decide all of that.  Most importantly, he gave everyone the freedom to choose.....to act morally.....or not

And no, there is no burden to prove a negative.  The burden is to prove that there is some genetic gay code.  Go for it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 03:56:53 PM »
Elephants never give birth to twins and have extremely long pregnancies.  Frogs fertilize eggs by the thousands.  There is no reason whatever to assume that ALL members of any given species need to achieve maximum efficiency at reproduction.

There are plenty of animals that seem to exhibit "gay" behavior. there is no practical reason for Fido to hum your knee, and yet, he does.
Do you think he does it because he is sinful, possessed by demons, or it is just something some dogs do by instinct?

If it is the former, then you are thinking like a medieval monk. If it is the latter, then it is simply natural behavior, and it is obvious that the desire to have recreational sex with no possibility of reproduction is simply a part of the make up of canines. So why is is not logical that humans not engage in the same behavior?

Why assume that reproduction is the ONLY reason for sex? 

Eating is required for survival, but humans eat all sorts of things that are not ideally nutritious, just because they taste good.
Most people can enjoy the sweet taste of a diet soft drink, even though it is not nutritious and may even be harmful.
Suppose someone says, "You should not drink Diet Dr Pepper because it has no nutrition in it".  And then DENY that people could possibly be born with any built in reason to like the taste of artificially sweetened soft drinks.
Some people like really spicy foods, some cannot stand them.

Saying that gay sex is bad because you have no desire to have gay sex and it seems unnatural to you is like saying that artificially sweetened or highly spiced foods are bad because you do not like them and consider them to be unnatural.

Diet soft drinks, by the way, are by nature unnatural. They are sweetened with chemicals that are not found in living organisms.
For tens of thousands of years, humans never had an artificially sweetened food product. During the same period, people have had gay sex.

I suggest to you that a Diet Dr Pepper is far more unnatural than Adam having sex with Steve.

It is not like anyone is forcing YOU to have gay sex.
It is far more likely that someone will try to lure you into drinking a Diet Dr Pepper than having gay sex with you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »
"Gay behavior" is a choice.....period.  Just like eating foods, that may not be good for you.  Some people can stick to a moral code, others can not.  Lower species animals being an excellent example.  Until folks like yourself can prove otherwise in humans, you're up a creek with out an oar
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:51:07 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »
You think that it this about a "moral code". Maybe it is a question of morality for you but you seem unable to understand that it is NOT a moral issue for LOTS of people.
Gay sex is no more a moral issue (because it is "unnatural") than drinking Diet Sprite.

It is just fine that you have no desire to have sex with another man. I don't either. But you want to condemn those who violate your silly religious code and I am not interested in condemning anyone. I happen to hate Gatorade. It tastes vile to me. But I do not run around with my hair on fire preaching that Gatorade is unfit to drink. I have no problem with being with people who drink Gatorade or even buying Gatorade for them to drink.

Gay sex is not a moral issue for most people in this country. Every day, there are fewer people who think it is a moral issue.
You have a hangup. You are the problem. You are intolerant and want to judge others.

Again, gay FEMALE sex is safer that heterosexual sex. Years ago in England, someone decided to study the cases of women who gave birth and claimed that they had never had any sort of sexual contact.  They discovered one woman who had a daughter and demonstrably had never had sex with a man (or a woman, as I recall). This woman's daughter had exactly the same chromosomes of the woman. It was as though they were identical twins. There are cases of parthenogenesis in other animals as well, by the way.

Your whole religion is based on a woman who had a child without sex, by the way. Of course,  Jesus was not a girl, so this was not the same thing.

And there was that rumor about Iulius Pantera...Tiberius Iulius Abdes Pantera

No one is asking you to have gay sex. You can continue feeling smug about how sanctified you are about this I suppose. But you do seem really backward and silly.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 06:50:58 PM »
  You have part of this argument right.

Whether it is natural or not has little to do with whether it is moral or not.

Just because most religious behaviors are healthy does not mean that health is the point of the behaviors and when religion requires something that Nature never would it is no less a religious requirement.

The reason that some assert homosexuality is inborn , or congenital, is that they want this to be the refutation of those who are concerned that Homosexuality is a movement that is recruiting.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »
I do not believe that homosexuals actually recruit anyone. Either a guy is attracted to another man or he is not, and will certainly tell anyone so.
Of course, Christians are always recruiting: it is part of Basic Christian Schtick to recruit.
Have you been born again?
Have you accepted Our Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior?

So basically some of these Christians are afraid that gays are  like them in this respect.

I am not convinced that all religious behaviors are healthy. Snake handling is not safe and serves no real purpose to anyone except to demonstrate that an obscure part of the Bible is accurate.  Just because God empowers someone to furgle snakes does not make it any sort of obligation.

Still, there are probably more who furgle snakes than give all they own to the poor and set out on a beggar's ministry.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 07:18:55 PM »
If nature contradicts God's moral code, then you have to ask, since God is responsible for nature as its creator, then how can something natural be immoral?

One must ask the question, why did God create men who were attracted to other men?  The old bit that blames this on demons and Satan is hardly credible. God is more powerful than demons and Satan.

I read in one of those short blurbs in Harper's That a seal was seen to rape an king penguin, and then eat it.

Seals apparently are seen to  rape king penguins fairly often. If we assume that God created both seals and penguins, one must question his motives as to why he made them this way.

Just for fun, here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABM8RTVYaVw#t=16

Here are ten examples of natural sex. One can assume that if God created the world, these were examples of stuff He thought up.
If not Him, then Who?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWlLPtaw2hw

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:34:26 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »
One must ask, was it part of the Divine Plan for seals to rape penguins? It was not, then how is it that seals are attracted sexually penguins?

Why is it so difficult to believe that perhaps 4% of male humans are attracted to other male humans?

It seems a bit far fetched to believe that 100% of all males are attracted to other males, but 96% are so profoundly moral they resist this urge.

All I can say it that I have NEVER been attracted to other males in the least. It took no will power at all for me to resist.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »
  Such attractions are mentioned in scripture , mostly in lists of bad ideas .

I think that men who rape penguins should be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

This is probably still possible , I do not think that our society is ready for penguin raping to be done without opprobrium, yet.

All I can say it that I have NEVER been attracted to other males in the least. It took no will power at all for me to resist.

Perhaps it is just because you are lazy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »
I do not think that most men are attracted to other men.

And the youtube article was not about humans (or even Navy SEALS raping penguins, it was about actual seals raping penguins. There was even a somewhat graphic photo of it.

I would say that a Creator that comes up with seals that get the hots for penguins should have little difficulty creating human men who have the hots for other men.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »

And the youtube article was not about humans (or even Navy SEALS raping penguins, it was about actual seals raping penguins. There was even a somewhat graphic photo of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinniped

I do not have an opinion on seals raping penguins, I don't need such an opinion. I don't think it is illegal for seals to rape penguins, It probably does not need to be.

Persons who rape penguins are a menace, lets lock them up.

Is it hypocritical to hold persons to a totally different standard than Pinnipeds?

Is it hypocritical to hold persons to a totally different standard than Pinnipeds?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »

Of course, most men are lazy.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
Female homosexuality is certainly less harmful than female heterosexuality

what a ridiculous statement!
female heterosexuality has created mankind
you are an amazing study in how the liberal mind works
a simple post about the men & women of the US Military causes you to go default negative mode
anything pro-US....you tend to always go negative....
it's weird to on so many levels to hate your own country and your own race
now the liberal mind implies female homo-sex is somehow "better" than a man and woman union
which without that man and woman union there would be no human history
you are one sick Puck!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 03:23:43 AM »
You think that it this about a "moral code". Maybe it is a question of morality for you but you seem unable to understand that it is NOT a moral issue for LOTS of people.

Morality is what sets us apart from barbarians.  It IS an issue for MOST people.  It's not just illegal to murder people, its immoral.  We're all taught what's right and wrong, as we grow up.  It's that moral code that makes us civilized.  You're right in that some people have very lackluster morals, while others have no morals.  You may think Adultery is just swell.  I don't.  I think its immoral and cruel.  You may think throwing kittens tied in a bag, and tossed into a river is perfectly fine.  Doesn't effect you in the least.  I would find that wholly immoral.  The left frequently adopts a some twisted moral equivalence, to denounce anyone else that dares to judge others.  There's nothing wrong, what-so-ever, in judging another person's actions.  It's perfectly Christian, not to mention, human.  We can find others performing all sorts of reprehensible acts.  Hell you do it on a daily basis, when speaking about any Republican or Conservative.  Point being, such judgments are based on your own moral code.  You think homosexuality is fine, so be it.  Others find that choice immoral.  Simple as that

And one last thing, Dr. Deflection.....this has nothing to do with some bizarre notion of asking or even forcing me to have gay sex.     ::)