Author Topic: ".....and in this Corner"  (Read 4220 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
".....and in this Corner"
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:34:30 PM »
Let's get down to brass tacks.....its still quite a ways until the party primaries, but I think we can get down and dirty as to who's going to be in the final showdowns

Dems......It's going to be Hillary.  O'Mally doesn't have the name recognition, or financial warchest, or any major support from a major political figure.  Sanders has the eye of the hard core base, but not the Oligarchy which has too much vested in Hillary.  And Warren isn't running.  So Hillary, with her massive amount of negative baggage (getting bigger by the day), will be the Democrat nominee

GOP.......yes, there are like 20 dozen folks who are proclaiming their run for the Presidency, and as much as I would support a Nominee Carson, or Nominee Fiorino, there's really only 3 current candidates that have all the necessary shopping cart items of money, name recognition, and wide spread support (no xo, that doesn't mean wide spread Democrat support, or even country-wide support, I'm referring to support by core Conservatives & Republicans, who would be making the decision as to the nominee)  And it doesn't include Senator Cruz or Senator Paul.  Those would be:
- Governor Scott Walker
- Senator Marco Rubio
- Former Governor Jeb Bush

Those 3 have all the tools necessary to get elected President of the United States.  I'll support any of the 3, but I sure hope its not Bush.  Although he doesn't have the Clinton baggage problem specific to Hillary, he has the name problem associating him to his brother, not to mention is the most liberal of the 3.  And Rubio doesn't have the executive experience I'd want in a nominee and future President. 

Walker's been my fella from the get go, so ....... I'll be doing what I can to help his go, get along
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: ".....and in this Corner"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »
but why not Canadian born minority ted cruz??
whats wrong with him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
While I would support a Nominee Cruz, and while he would win an election against Hillary, he's alienated many within his own party, most of them your upper rank & file Republican establisment.  He would have the solid backing of the Tea party & has perhaps the best conservative credentials, but the other 3 have a far better chance of being elected President.  Not to mention that for me, he lacks the executive experience, to successfully function as President.  I mean, I can't even remember the last Senator who was an effective President.  All the latest ones, have demonstrated just how poor they are at being in charge of the executive branch.....tooped off by the latest failed attempt 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:29 PM »
Jebbie was rather sucky as a governor.  Rubio is nothing but an airhead with a pretty face spouting a bunch of feisty crap, and Walker is quite simply, a hateful jerk.

Jebbie is the best of a shitty lot, though Cruz and Graham are worse.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 01:49:06 AM »
As opined by the hateful Democrat

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 08:05:12 AM »
Who knows that the demographics are on my side.  You are a pathetic, gasping dinosaur.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
Who knows that the demographics are on my side.

LOL....they are transparent as much as you are deflective

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:59 PM »
I believe that I have the right to deflect as much as I choose.

It is hardly a deflection to pojnt out that the GOP candidates ate all yabbos.

Marco Rubio likes to speed and run red lights. He and his wife have paid thousands in traffic fines, so he does not seem to respect the law.

In the past four years, he has had to go to traffic school FOUR times.

I have had to do this ONCE in 35 years.  I do not find traffic signs and lights difficult to obey. Who knows about Marco?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 12:38:28 AM »
I believe that I have the right to deflect as much as I choose.

And Dr Deflection strikes again.....whoever claimed you couldn't deflect all you want??  Pointing it out doesn't translate into demanding you cease    ::)

It is hardly a deflection to pojnt out that the GOP candidates ate all yabbos.

As opined by a hard core Democrat who never came across any such credible Republican who would be President?  EVERY GOP candidate is going to be some form of a "yabbos", whatever the hell, that is

Marco Rubio likes to speed and run red lights. He and his wife have paid thousands in traffic fines, so he does not seem to respect the law.   In the past four years, he has had to go to traffic school FOUR times.

OH GOOD GOD....THE HORROR     ::)   Boy, isn't it a good thing, that Hillary, that so called "voice of the people and personification of the average American", hasn't drive a car for.....how many decades now??

And you really don't want to go down that road of those politicians who don't seem to care about the law....or the Constitution, which is the pinnacle of law.  In fact, you yourself have proclaimed how you could care less about our Constitution.  So, what's to you if anyone breaks some moving violation law, when your guys are breaking actual Constitutional law??
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:34:17 PM by sirs »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 04:14:24 AM »
Marco Rubio likes to speed and run red lights. He and his wife have paid thousands in traffic fines, so he does not seem to respect the law.

In the past four years, he has had to go to traffic school FOUR times.

I have had to do this ONCE in 35 years.  I do not find traffic signs and lights difficult to obey. Who knows about Marco?

Even that stall-worth liberal comedian, Jon Stewart recognizes how ridiculously lame this attempt to smear Rubio is

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »
It is simply reality.  Someone who knowingly speeds or runs stop signs reveals the sort of personality that makes them unfit for political office. They will do whatever they think will benefit them any time they think they can get away with it. Rubio has lots of political friends, and probably has managed to get away with many infractions in addition to these. 

I think that anyone of any political persuasion would prefer a leader who does not routinely BREAK THE LAW anytime they think they can get away with it. And Jon Stewart's opinion does not make this okay in my book.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »
Your grasp of reality is so perverted, where on the one hand you completely ignore Democrats actively skirting the Constitution, but go ape snot over 4 fricken car tickets over some 17year period.  Hillary has been breaking all forms of campaign finance laws, while Obama has been routinely breaking the Constitution.  Your unsubstantiated opinion of what Rubio supposedly "got away with" aside, if anyone of any political persuasion thinks that Hillary's & Obama's BREAKING THE LAW is acceptable, then 4 measly moving violations is not even a grain of sand on a beach

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 06:11:18 PM »
Current Krauthammer odds:

1. Jeb Bush. Solid, no sizzle. Sizzle may be in less demand than eight years ago, but his inability to separate from the pack, his recent campaign shake-up and his four-day stumble over Megyn Kelly’s “knowing what we know now” Iraq question have given even his supporters pause. Nonetheless, a bulging war chest, a fine gubernatorial record and a wide knowledge of domestic issues guarantee top-tier staying power.

Chances: 25 percent.

2. Scott Walker. Maintains a significant lead in Iowa and it’s more than just a Wisconsinite’s favorite-son advantage. He’s got a solid governing record, has raised respectable money and has gone almost errorless for more than a month. One caveat: His major wobble on immigration threatens his straight-shooter persona.

Chances: 25 percent.

3. Marco Rubio. Good launch, steady follow-up. With his fluency in foreign affairs, he’s benefited the most from President Obama’s imploding foreign policy. Polls well, but with seven or so within the margin of error, the important question is less “Who do you support?” than “Who could you support?” (measuring general acceptability). Rubio leads all with 74 percent. The New York Times’ comical attempts to nail him on driving (four citations in 18 years — “Arrest that man!”) and financial profligacy (a small family fishing boat — a “dream dinghy,” says a friend of mine — characterized as a “luxury speedboat”) only confirm how much the Democrats fear his prospects.

Chances: 35 percent.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 06:16:19 PM »
An $80,000 boat is not any dinghy.

Rubio has the right to buy any sort of toy he wants, and voters have the right to reject him accordingly.
Jebbie has yet to even announce his candidacy. He has only announced that he will announce.

The Iowa thingie brings out the ultra rightwing loons. It is therefore not much of an indicator of the eventual prospects.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
Reject him for buying a boat....with his own money??  And Hillary is flying in private jets & chauffered limos, but she shouldn't be rejected?? 

See the upside down nonsense you're demonstrating?