Author Topic: Boy, isn't this quite the contortion  (Read 4645 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Boy, isn't this quite the contortion
« on: June 15, 2015, 09:11:04 PM »
It seems the recent stepping down of the white NAACP Spokane chapter president, Miss Dolezal, who attempted to pawn herself as black*, had previously sued Howard University.....for....*drum roll*......discriminating against her because she was white.  She lost that case

This girl has some issues

(* correction made)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:39:44 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Boy, isn't this quite the contortion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »
She did not "pawn herself off as White", the claimed to be Black.

Among the founders of the NAACP was a man named Walter White.

https://www.google.com/search?q=NAACP+Walter+White&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB4QsARqFQoTCIOqofCdksYCFQFbrAod6gkAeQ&biw=1680&bih=870

Walter White was perhaps more White than Black. He is the distinguished looking fellow with the gray hair and the mustache that looks rather like Warren Buffett.

The NAACP is open to people of all races, and always has been.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
The issue of her being white and in charge of a chapter of the NAACP isn't the issue, or even an issue, Dr Deflection
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:51:37 PM »
Again, she did not claim to be White; she claimed to be Black. Her parents were interviewed and said she was 100% White.
There is no ban on White people being members of officers of the NAACP.

I don't see where there is any problem with her at all.  She has broken no laws, she has harmed no one.

This is the sort of shit the far right likes to dredge up. They do not like the idea of a White woman teaching Black studies.

I imagine they would be against Leakey studying ancient humanoids who were probably rather dusky in complexion in the Great Rift Valley.

I doubt they have give much thought to the fact that Joseph Conrad wrote novels in English even though he was Polish, or Jack Kerouac, who was French Canadian writing mostly in English.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 10:40:49 PM »
And again, i made that correction of what she claimed already.

Nor does this have anything to do with any race running any chapter of the NAACP. 

This has to do with some girl trying to pass herself as something she's not, and yet had the temerity of trying to sue a University for supposed being white

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »
She has four of Black siblings who were adopted by her parents. She grew up ion Montana.  Her parents were missionaries in South Africa. She is estranged from them at present.

She was married to a Black man. She is bisexual.

The Black population of Spokane is pretty small.  She has taught at Easter Washington State College and at a Community College in Coeur D'Alene, in the Idaho panhandle.

She holds a Masters of Fine Arts from Howard University, the National Black University in Washington DC.

She is a very interesting and unique character.   She is also an accomplished artist. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

She is sort of the Black XXI Century Zora Neala Hurston.

It would be interesting to chat with her.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:58:26 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 11:52:16 AM »
She has a couple of Black siblings who were adopted by her parents.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything.  If anything it just makes the point about her having some serious issues, all the more of an issue

The Black population of Spokane is pretty small.

And again, irrelevant to the point being made

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Dozeall: interesting. sirs: a crashing bore.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »
When, exactly are you going to understand that I do not give  one tiny damn about the silly "points" you think you are making?

I am not debating with you, I am not trying to educate you, I do not give a single atom of a rat's ass about your idiotic "points". I am simply writing this for my own creative pleasure.

Babble on all you like.

This woman has broken no laws, nothing she has done has harmed anyone.  She is an interesting character who obviously marches to a different drummer, as most creative artists do.  She has lead a rather fascinating and uniquely American life, something you have not done, will never do and are in fact of incapable of doing. Agreeing with hacks like Krauthammer is not creative or interesting. Collecting firearms is not thrilling.  Preventing women from having the right to make choices in their own lives is not a constructive or useful enterprise. 

No one is going to lock Dozeall up, and you are totally unqualified to judge her, or any creative soul.

And, yes, I know you did not say you wanted to lock her up.

What you call "diversions" is actually what jazz musicians call "riffing".   

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 01:22:41 PM »
No one here is advocating anyone to be locked up, Dr Deflection.  And yea, if you want to go off on completely irrelevant tangents, that no one is arguing, that amount to largely nothing as it relates to debate, knock your socks off

But I am, can, and will judge anyone and everyone I so choose, as there is no "qualifications" required to pass

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
.....and now.....our little white friend, trying to pass herself off as black, though sued Brown University for discriminating against her because she was white, is now out there trying to claim that there's no proof that her white parents are actually her parents.

We're going from simply having issues, to perhaps a diagnosable mental disorder

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »
Why does this bother you?  She has not harmed you in any way. She is not your mother or your patient or your neighbor. You have never met her and never will.
She has not done anything to harm anyone.

Meanwhile, down at the Raph's in your very own city, there is a woman who has just eaten THREE RADISHES right out of the vegetable section and has no intention of paying for them. And she's  a DEMOCRAT!

Jeez, sirs, get a life!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Dozeall: has serious issues. xo: Professor Deflection.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
When, exactly are you going to understand that I do not give  one tiny damn about the silly "points" you think you are making?

When, exactly, are you going to understand that I don't care if you don't care?  I have every right to point out when you're off the reservation.  If you take offense to that....well...sorry.  You have no right not to be offended either.  If you're going to place obscure irrelevent tangents that interests only you in a post that's serious about the mental make-up of Dozeall, you're going to get called on it.  If you want to start your own thread that's more your comfort zone, gof for it

So, no she doesn't bother me, nor do I think she's broken any laws, or think she needs to be jailed.  I do believe she has some serious mental issues

This is however A DEBATING FORUM.  (And before the deflections start raining, That doesn't require you to debate, or that I'm demanding that you must debate me, or anyone else for that matter.)  This thread was specific to the apparent mental issues that the former Spokane NAACP president is dealing with.  If you wish to deal with those points being made, that'd be a welcome sight.  If you chose not to, fine as well.  Just don't think you get a free pass, when you throw out irrelevent tangents to the point of the thread

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »
I fail to see any point in debating anything regarding this woman. No one can force her to seek therapy, and she has harmed no one.

Of course, this is just the sort of dogwhistle racism that the far right and in particular ratbag radio rantsters just love.

She has four adopted siblings who are Black, she attended a mostly Black university (Howard) and she was married to a Black man for a while.
She is, if nothing else, an expert in Black hair styles, which certainly involves the greatest number and the  most complicated procedures of any type of hairdressing anywhere. She almost certainly knows more about being Black than you. Most volunteer clubs always have difficulty finding people who want to serve as their officers, since it does not pay anything and takes up a huge amount of time. If you join almost any civic organization, are active and and express a desire in the organization and its goals, you can easily get the Board to name you an officer, and this will be ratified at the annual meeting and you will continue to serve until you quit or there is some sort of public scandal, as has happened here. This is true of Car Clubs, Lodges, the Jaycees, and all sorts of other clubs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 06:06:54 PM »
I fail to see any point in debating anything regarding this woman.

Nor are you required to think that.  The fact that she has generated a plethora of debate from all across the media spectrum pretty much refutes the notion of nothing to debate about her.  Besides the twisted effort to lay claim of being discriminated against for being white, while she tries to pawn herself off as being black, she may actually be damaging to the so-called transgender movement.  The whole notion there are folks lke "Kaitlyn" Jenner who feel they're a woman inside, despite the obvious genetic fact that they're a man.  This little lady is trying to use the same "illogic", in that she "feels" black, therefore she's decided she is black.  Her body & DNA are apparently irrevent.  With such universal criticism of her actions, the left is trying desperately to reframe the debate. 

It's basically another view into the twisting of reality by the left, where you are whatever you want to be.  Hey, I feel Indian, therefore I must be.  There are even liberal pundits now trying to lay claim to a new class of "transracial"

No one can force her to seek therapy, and she has harmed no one.

And still more deflections.  While its debateble as to any social harm she may be causing, who the hell is claiming she she be forced to seek therapy??    :o

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »
She has the right to "feel Black" if she wishes. There are a lot of famous Americans who have become Scientologists,  and they have far wackier beliefs. Not to mention that most of the major religions have seriously irrational beliefs that defy all logic. But this is ignored by the radio rantsters, because to point out the popular insanity of millions of people who believe in angels and mysterious apparitions of saints would wreck their ratings.

Picasso, Kandinsky, Georgia O'Keeffe, Dali, Warhol and many other artists all have expressed wacky beliefs over the years. This has not detracted much from the value of their artwork, especially after their death.