Author Topic: Gun Nut does his thing: Nine worshipers killed.  (Read 10651 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Nut does his thing: Nine worshipers killed.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
Why, you are welcome!

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
....and for those who are also equally contextually challenged, the fact that Obama was used in a  sentence that referenced SC gun laws, doesn't equate to the notion that he was behind or to blame for SC gun laws.  Isn't it ironic that a language professor is unable to read for context

Then again.....

He does.  The professor is a deflection master.  Anything and everything to divert from the point being made.  Whether its arguing a point no one is making, using overt hyperbole, trying to apply a literal application of a point (which can be similar to hyperbole), and/or just out and out personal insulting, its whatever's the easiest mentally to pull out, to avoid, at all cost, the point actually being made.  I mean, it must be hard trying to defend the indefensible

But as Plane frequently references, its a good thing to have such a differing perspective.  Its unfortunate that xo doesn't have too much in the way of rhetorical back-up.  Others apparently just couldn't hold up to the scrutiny and mountains of logic & reason.  But he more than makes up for it, with passion, perseverence, and feeling.  Our compliments to his contribution to the saloon
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 07:16:32 PM »
No, more lives are NOT saved by Guns. That is just ratbag rightwing bullshit. It is not true.

XO you do not know what you are talking about.
Tons of crimes are prevented because the bad guy is worried about being shot.
I was a bad guy...well not really...but a punk...and I can promise you
there were many times I didn't cross the next step because I thought
"hell I don't wanna get shot"!
This isn't an opinion, it is undeniable fact that bad guys don't
like law abiding citizens being armed in their homes!
I mean come on...it is common sense...if you were
a burglar would you rather rob a house where the owners were armed or a house where owners were not armed?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
A burgler may even inadvertantly enter one those useless gun nut home homes
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
Most burglars vastly prefer robbing houses in which no one is home.

The fact that occasionally someone with a gun prevents a crime is simply overwhelmed by the occasions in which a gun is used to commit a crime.
The US has many more gun deaths than any other industrialized nation. Our lives are not improved because so many people are armed to the teeth, just the opposite.
The more guns there are in this country, the more people will get shot or will shoot themselves.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 09:18:24 PM »
Most burglars vastly prefer robbing houses in which no one is home.

And why is that???.................*drum roll*................they don't want to get shot incase the home-owners are armed

The fact that occasionally someone with a gun prevents a crime is simply overwhelmed by the occasions in which a gun is used to commit a crime.

I see we're changing the parameters now.  Instead of lives saved, and lives taken, now its about lives saved and guns used to commit a crime.  That's an altogether different stat.  Care to produce the numer of crimes a gun is used, on an average annual basis, here in the U.S., to support your opinion??

The US has many more gun deaths than any other industrialized nation.

A) We're one of the largest populated countries on the globe
B) The US has exponentially more lives saved with a gun in this country, than those taken

Our lives are not improved because so many people are armed to the teeth, just the opposite.

Actually, that's just the opposite.  Especially when its noted that violent crime has been declining while we are apparently "arming ourselves to the teech".  And while accidents can and do happen, the lives saved far outweigh the risk of that occuring

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 09:40:59 PM »
.....There were no Good Gun Nuts around, There rarely are any.
and whose fault is this?

Switzerland does not allow people to obtain guns as easily as people in the US. It requires people to take classes in how to use guns safely, and restricts who can own a gun.

If the US decided to enact Switzerland's rather strict gun regulations, I imagine that far fewer people would get killed with guns.

I think I could get along very well with a close copy of the Swiss law set, but I doubt this means what you think it does.

There was only one gun in that building , I imagine this had a lot to do with how the scene of the crime was chosen. What draconian set of laws would reduce the availability of guns so far that there would not be even one left for an evil doer to find?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
If the gun Nut that did all the shooting had no gun, then there would have been zero guns.

The shooter was arrested for actions at a local mall.
I would say that iN Switzerland, he probably would not have been allowed to have a gun.

Had he Shown up with apartheid flags on your jacket and they would likely turn him down.

He seems to have expected to be caught.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »
on a side note....
many of these whack-jobs crave fame and just sheer attention even if it's from doctors, lawyers, etc..
they think they will achieve rock star status with hearings, trials, interviews, mental evaluations, etc..
we need to change the system where people like this should be executed within 48 hours
he did it...he admits doing it...what's left except hype?
lets have a half day trial....and be done with...lawyers wouldn't make millions on these tragedies
people should know if you do something like this you will be executed within 48 hours
no it would not detour 100%, but it would detour some and save millions of soccer mom taxpayer money
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »
If the gun Nut that did all the shooting had no gun, then there would have been zero guns.

The shooter was arrested for actions at a local mall.
I would say that iN Switzerland, he probably would not have been allowed to have a gun.

Had he Shown up with apartheid flags on your jacket and they would likely turn him down.

He seems to have expected to be caught.

Take note that your solution would not start to be effective until there was zero guns , until it is impossible for the evil to have guns the confiscation of guns would just disarm the co-operative.

This means decades of increased bloodletting while the process moves slowly twards the zero that it will never reach,

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2015, 02:52:09 AM »

And in what world or reality would no gun have existed?  Here's a better one....what law, existing or being proposed,  would have prevented this killing??

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »
There is another important aspect to this .

This guy is only Twenty One, he can't have a clear memory of the Apartheid whose emblems he wore , he can't have first hand knowledge of the hot period of the civil rights struggle.

He attended integrated schools more likely than not.
    If he has had the usual modern American childhood , more than half of his education has been delivered to him on screens.

What explains such a severe bad attitude?

I meet very prejudiced people now and then, but I haven't ever met one that would like the prospect of a race war.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »
we need to change the system where people like this should be executed within 48 hours

===============================================
Then you would love Saudi Arabian justice.
They even punish their witches and sorcerers rapidly.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2015, 10:53:13 AM »
It is entirely possible that there could be hundreds of people in a church and not a soul with a gun or any other weapon.
This is the usual situation, actually, and it is not at all impossible.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
So....once again.....what law on the books or being proposed by the left, would have prevented these murders?