Author Topic: Living with Guns...The Swiss Way  (Read 18558 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Living with Guns...The Swiss Way
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
Like you know diddley about the law.

The Swiss are wiser than we are. They are no less free, and seven times safer from bad gun nuts.

Stupidity has a price, I know. But you enjoy stupid.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »
Much like the Constitution, I apparently know exponentially more about the law, than you do.  But, I'll concede that you do know exponentially more spanish than I.  Hope that makes you feel better
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:56 PM »
I know exponentially more about damned near everything than you.

This includes the history of this country. My first ancestor arrived in Massachusetts in 1635. And at least one Choctaw was already here before that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 11:10:44 PM »

The Swiss require gun owners to be responsible.
Yes this I like about them.
The Swiss require guns to be registered.
Even in the article you brought it was stated that the registration is a new thing and is impossible to do a complete job of . The murder rate in Switzerland was low an hundred years before their regulations tightened up.
The Swiss have ONE SEVENTH the number of shootings we do.
We probably do have things to learn from them, but I note that there, as here, massacres happen more in gun free zones than in any other sort of venue. Lets not learn what we wish they were instead of what they are.

The reason that there are so many guns in Mexico is that Americans, with lax gun laws, sell them to make a buck.
  Yes , something that would never happen if the US had tougher laws, why not?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 12:24:56 AM »
I know exponentially more about damned near everything than you.

You're 99% wrong opinion has been measured, weighed, and found wanting.  Case in point, your ancestry is completely irrelevant, when the topic is about the Constitution & rule of law.  You could be descended from Jesus Christ himself.  That "might" make your opinion regarding Christianity a tad more credible, but not anything to do with the history of this country, how it came to be, and specifically the intention of the founders, as chronicled in both the Federalist papers & solidified in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 12:28:28 AM »
The Federalist Papers have no real standing in law. No citizen ever voted on one damned thing in the Federalist Papers.

The progress and welfare of the people of this country are much more important to me than the constitution.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »
The Federalist Papers have no real standing in law.

I never said they did, Dr deflection.  They do demonstrate the Founders' intentions however, and solidified that in the Constitution, which IS STANDING IN LAW

The progress and welfare of the people of this country are much more important to me than the constitution.

And there, ladies & gentlemen, is precisely why this country is heading into the toilet

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
Yeah, they thought slavery was really nifty as well.

You are the one that brings up the Federalist Papers, which have nothing whatever to say about the matter at hand, and therefore you are the one deflecting.

Go deflect yourself, sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 11:48:04 AM »
Yeah, they thought slavery was really nifty as well.

And the Constitution was AMENDED to make it clear that it was no longer thought of as "nifty"

You are the one that brings up the Federalist Papers, which have nothing whatever to say about the matter at hand, and therefore you are the one deflecting.

It had everything to do with demonstrating the intention of the Founders, which would include how there was nothing in their that discussed a need for everyone to be armed, merely so they could hunt or track down slaves.  I realize you have this overt need to avoid points being made, but my bringing up the Federalist papers is intimately connected to both the clear intent of the Constitution, and the fact that the latter is is THE LAW OF THE LAND.  You don't like it, tough AMBE 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
The Federalist Papers  are just some crap that right wingers like to mention when they say stupid shit.
It is not like you have actually READ them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 01:27:43 PM »
LOL...apparently I've read far more than you have.  Point being, they were directly referencing the issue regarding the Constitution, and the intent of the Founders as they established our LAWS (which includes how those laws could be amended).  Hardly a deflection, oh master of deflection.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:06 PM »
Why not enact the laws that the Swiss have, and see if six-sevenths of gun deaths are avoided?
It would not turn this into a "Third World Country".
Switzerland is clearly a first world country which has its share of gun nuts and far fewer gun deaths.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
Because we're not the Swiss, and we already have the mechanisms to enact laws in THIS country.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »
No, we don't.

If we did, nine people would have been alive today.
 The Swiss rate for gun deaths is SEVEN TIMES higher than the US rate. That is 85.7% MORE here than in the Land of Heidi and world-class yodeling and holey cheese.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 04:26:29 PM »
No, we don't.

Yes, we do

If we did, nine people would have been alive today.

Because you know for a fact, that Roof wouldn't have been able to acquire a blackmarket firearm, and NOT without violating our laws & Constitution.  There are people dying every day, and yet upwards of TEN TIMES more people saved in this country, using a firearm.  That'd be as many as 90 lives that were saved, when those 9 were murdered

NO AMOUNT OF BANNING GUNS will prevent evil people from killing.  And until OUR Constitution is amended, which IT CAN BE, people have a legal, not to mention the constitutional right to protect themselves with a gun

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:18:23 PM by sirs »