Author Topic: Blame the Flag!  (Read 9559 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Blame the Flag!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 07:34:20 PM »
I dont think of it as a symbol of slavery but as a symbol that americans has no right to tell immigrants what to do. Ex. English only

When the government can't even stop a symbol of a lost rebel facttion from being raise then it can't impose any requirement from immigrants. It can't exactly use a contxt of unity since that flag totally does not mean that in anyway.q

Wow.

That is different.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 07:57:15 PM »
I wonder if he thinks that the Nazi swastika needs to be kept alive as well.
Yes why not? this is a good irritant. My father would have reminded me of how many bullet holes he had put into swastika marked wings, but he would not have favored repeal of the first admendment any more than I.
The Nazi ideology that many Germans voted for was against the rampant inflation of the German economy, which collapsed because of the huge WWI reparations Germany was forced to pay. The Nazis started huge building projects, like the autobahns, draining swamps, building airports and putting millions of people to work again.
worked for FDR too.
Of course, this was done by taking money from the Jews, many of whom profited when impoverished Germans pawned their gold and other valuables. Jews were seen as unpatriotic opportunists. Most of them were not, but the ones the Germans borrowed money from were not likely to complain when the government shut them down and used the money to create jobs..
FDR did most of his work on credit, which had a completely different downside than robbing a minority had, pretty soon we were accepting payments from the empires of Britain and the Soviet Union so the credit bet paid off very well.

Of course, the Nazis went from bad to worse, and the premise of the Nazi Party was racist and based on exploiting a minority that was helpless to defend itself.
Rather like the Confederate States of America.

I will accept this, not because I like it , but because it is largely the truth . Sometimes the truth is what it is.
Hitler copied a LOT of his ideas from the Americans:  The Pennsylvania Turnpike inspired the Autobahns, the Model T inspired the Volkswagen (originally called the Kraft Durch Freude ~ Strength through Joy),  The American Eugenics movement inspired the elimination of mentally and physically impaired people, and the labor camps staffed with members of "inferior races" were inspired by American slavery.  Nazism can be seen as the Dark Side of American Progress..
Don't forget how inspiring Gobbles found American skill at propaganda.

Prior to the Civil War, it is usually ignored that the South won a lot of victories over the North in the courts. The Dred Scott decision made it possible for slaveholders to bring their slaves to the North, it made kidnapping free Black and enslaving them a very lucrative occupation, and the South was very close to making California effectively a slave state..
The South probably should not have panicked so badly at the election of a Republican , if Lincoln had been the president of the USA with a surly but still loyal south progress might have occurred at mush less cost, at a much slower pace.

The North was NOT persecuting the South, other than requiring Southern ports to pay the usual taxes on imports and the like into the federal government. .
This is hardly all they ever did.
The South fired the first shot, not the North.  .
Fighting was a mutual choice, if the Northern force had withdrawn peacefully the Civil War might have been put off for a generation.

The guy who wrote this  will not be disappointed. All that has happened is that the Rebel flag has been banned from PUBLIC places. Any fool can still stick it on his bumper, fly the flag from his yard, have it tattooed anywhere he chooses on his body, and this is sure to continue.
I would not be surprised if we start seeing more and more Rebel flags all over the place..
Very astute.
Just as gun nuts felt threatened and bought more guns after Obama was elected, they will feel that their Rebel flag is threatened, and there will be no shortage of  flags available, once importers get rolling printing up the things. After Juniorbush declared his stupid useless war. one out of three cars in Miami had American flags fluttering from them. Now you don't see any. It was a fad and it died out.
The Rebel flag will multiply, become a fad for a short time, and die out in pretty much the same way.

It will continue to linger, as Klan hoods and trappings have lingered. Every year it will be more irrelevant.

The political relevance of the Confederate Battle Flag is already mooted, it has not had a real political friend for twenty years, I heard Governor Barnes being interviewed on GPB yesterday and he is not at all sorry yet.

So suppose it does fade into the mists of history , seldom seen outside of museums.

What is the better symbol ?

It has been suggested that Southern White people should choose a new symbol , one less stained with shameful deeds .

Ok What?  In spite of our history , I don't think we want to fly the blank flag.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 06:06:53 AM »
I meant English only. i often hear from people i should only learn this. And as s context of unity. But i see the confederate flag as proof that not true . The context of tax burden seems to not aply too well with my folks since we do have a fairly high college graduation rate and dont recall took that great a strain on the government at all.

i dont recall anyone whose multilingual has ever been thought lacking at all.

i do object not learning english but is highly forgiving if they can't. Its kinda like learning another language is my defaut answer. Somehow people forget this one small detail about learning English and not see how difficult it is . Whats tough for me since it's totally completely different from my birth language. English is now my primary language but I still pause to figure out what the hell people are saying to me. I think americans are forgetting how to speak english
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:18:05 AM by kimba1 »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 09:55:35 AM »
The ability to learn a language varies greatly with people, especially adults.Not all adults can learn a new language to use it effectively, others are able to learn it to a native fluency in under a year. It is related to both mathematical and musical ability in that it employs the same parts of the brain.

I do not know why the South needs a symbol. There are the state flags, there are state birds, flowers, insects, animals and even reptiles.
The North has managed to get along well without any symbol, after all.

I agree that public works and the CCC did rescue the economy from the Depression.  There are many right wing detractors who curse his name and memory and claim that he only made the Depression worse. He did not spend enough money, and when he did (on the War), the economy recovered very well.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 11:26:21 AM »
I do not know why the South needs a symbol.

Well good for you...you don't have to have one or approve mine...2EachHisOwn!

For those of us that do want one we think and know Southerners are different...
(not 100% Dr. Literal)....but the South is different.
We like that....I love the South....the dialects..the accents....the conservatism...etc etc...
All you gotta do is travel to notice it....even my Moroccan friend noticed it.
He landed in NY, lived there awhile...then headed South
He was like "wow...the people are so much friendlier".

Every Confederate flag can be taken down
and the main group protesting will still have 70% of their children born to single mothers
and no idea of the sperm donor and for those that do want to work,
a higher unemployment rate that any other ethnic group.

The flag controversy is a diversion to keep their eyes off the real problems
This flag issue in the big picture has nothing to do with race...
It's mainly all about what Washington knows is coming...
They know the people are not going to put up with this Washington DC bullshit forever.
The latest Confederate Flag BS and things like Jade Helm is about Washington sending a message of... don't try it.

Shelby Foote on the Confederate Flag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9J8P6WfS7w

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:45:52 AM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »
BTW....Walmart has now apologized for making an ISIS Cake....
So until the next apology....

http://www.fox4news.com/story/29433744/walmart-apologizes-for-baking-isis-cake
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:21:51 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »
Why on Earth should they apologize?  Was anyone harmed in the least?
The cake was not made to recruit soldiers for Isis, it is a cake, and therefore not a permanent thing.
This whole thing was just a silly tale of some guy playing "Gotcha!"

Big deal. He proved that more Walmart bakers recognize the Rebel flag than the Isis flag.
This is just a dumb stunt.
No one needs to apologize for simply doing business as usual that turns out to be a stupid stunt so someone can post it on Youtube.

If you do not like it, boycot WalMart. Boycott Betty Fucking Crocker too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 02:18:26 PM »
Unlike you, I have actually LIVED in the South: Maryland, WV,  VA and FL.

I did not say people are not friendlier.

But the Rebel flag is the banner of the antisegregationists and has been since 1955 or so,

The people talking about removing the flag are not Washington politicians, they are South Carolinians, Alabamans, Southerners all.

You should feel fucking raptured about how the flag is just a symbol, because otherwise they would be talking about your goddamned murderous guns in the hand of fanatics.

The other real problem in this country is poverty. For every dollar a White family has in assets, a Black family has less than one thing dime. None of your glorious Republican'ts want to do one fucking thing about that. They want to lower taxes on the people that have nearly all the money and reduce Earned income credits for the people that have very little.

No one gives a shit about Benghazi.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »
Why on Earth should they apologize?

Of course they should not apologize for making ISIS Flag cakes
and of course they should not apologize for making Rebel flag cakes.

This whole thing was just a silly tale of some guy playing "Gotcha!"

Exactly...as is the faux outrage over the Rebel flag.

If you do not like it, boycot WalMart. Boycott Betty Fucking Crocker too.

Exactly and that's what the faux outrage people should do over the Rebel flag.
But as earlier stated....I love that the big corporates that have to kow-tow to political correctness stopped
so that smaller entities that do not bow down to the elites can now make that money.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
The Rebel flag has been quite simply a way that never say die racists flip the bird at Black people and let them know that they've got too much already and they should think their lucky stars for the Yankees or they'd still be  out in the fields picking cotton where God intended them to be.

But anyone that wants a Rebel flag can surely get one somewhere. Perhaps "Christians" can peddle Rebel flags and sop all that redneck cash that WalMart used to earn by selling these things.

The objection is not to WalMart or anyone selling these flags, it is about taxpayers who think they are racist statements being obliged to pay for them fluttering on  state-managed property.

The result will be that cheapjack smaller companies will start selling Rebel flags, and because quadrupling their money is better than doubling it, they will order them from (where else?) China. This will mean that China will open several factories that produce flags and will stimulate a need for red, white and blue yarn (what they call thread) and of course, they will also offer American flags as well, probably labeled something likethis:
AMERICAN PATRIOT FLAG COMPANY
Proudly designed in the United States of America

Made in PRC

And it will be more difficult to find an actual American flag made in the US.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 05:28:37 PM »
As stated earlier the American Flag has been the symbol of much greater hardship, terror, and human rights abuses against
 African Americans (and others) than the Confederate Flag ever was....but that's ok....we tend to ignore reality when we have a myth to peddle.

It wasn't under the Confederate Flag that genocide was carried out against the American Indian.

It wasn't under the Confederate Flag that tens of thousands of Japanese Americans who rounded up and
forced into relocation/incarceration camps?

It wasn't under the Confederate flag that the "Tuskegee syphilis experiment" was carried out against African Americans.

It wasn't under the Confederate Flag that the US has been the world's largest single entity environmental polluter.

So forgive me if I vomit while pondering the total bullshit high-horse-ness of those attacking the Confederate Flag.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:24:03 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 05:45:16 PM »
The South fired the first shot, not the North. 

Ha Ha....yeah lets not put any context with that statement and hope shit floats.
South Carolina and other southern states withdrew from the Union.
They formed a new nation called the Confederate States of America.
But Abraham Lincoln, the president of the United States, said the southern states did not have right to secede.
And he said he would not accept the South's demand to remove U.S. soldiers from South Carolina.
Instead of leaving peacefully the Union soldiers refused to leave a base in Charleston Harbor called Fort Sumter.
So after the Union soldiers refusal the Confederate leaders ordered an attack.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 06:18:57 PM »
Fort Sumter was an American Naval base and the North did not recognize South Carolina's secession. The South fired the first shots. If you read any newspaper article written at the time, you will see that the leaders of Charleston were warmongering pricks who welcomed war. After five years of war, most of said pricks were deceased, their property destroyed, and all their slaves were free. Charleston was a major port used in the slave trade, though importing slaves was illegal by 1860. Southern planters preferred to breed their own slaves and did not want competition. The main source of revenue of the US in 1860 was tariffs on imports from abroad, and as a part of the Union, the port of Charleston was a place where tariffs were collected.

The court decisions prior to John Brown's raid favored the South, as the allowed any Southern slaveholder capable of bringing his slaves into any state and continue to hold them in bondage. It also made the kidnapping, transportation and sale  of free Blacks legal. Most of the leaders of the officially Free State of California were pro-slavery.

The Southern States did not, it turns out, have the right to secede. The Civil War pretty much proved that.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 06:29:56 PM »
Fort Sumter was part of South Carolina.

S.C. left the Union and joined the Confederacy before the battle took place.

If Union troops had been in their own country instead of a foreign one then Fort Sumter never happens.

The South had zero motivation to start a war.

They left the U.S. peacefully.
If they had wanted war they would've left violently.
The North started the war because they did not like the South's decision.

It does not matter who fired the first shot.

The North had no business being in a foreign country
without permission from said country.

BTW....the Confederates were not traitors.
They left the Union.
Nothing treasonous about that.

If you migrate to another country are you not a traitor to the country you left.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
South Carolina was never a part of a foreign country. The Confederacy was an illegal and nonexistent entity, and the war proved it.

Again, all you have to do is read any of the Confederate newspapers and every goddamned one of them was all about fighting a war, which the lamebrains all said would be over by Christmas.

I have actually read history. You are versed in stupid propaganda.