Author Topic: Are People Really "Born Gay"?  (Read 15617 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are People Really "Born Gay"?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 03:01:17 PM »
The more poor a family is in the US and all of Latin America, the more likely it is that the parents are not married.

Not all children are seen as the purpose of having sex. In many cases, they are an unwanted consequence.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »

Not all children are seen as the purpose of having sex. In many cases, they are an unwanted consequence.

This makes victims of the children , and the mothers who love them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/violent-death-claims-survivors-of-brazils-child-massacres-699359.html

How bad can it get ?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »
I did not say it was a good thing.
But it is reality.

Brazil is one of the worst places to be an urchin. India is probably worse, as there are a lot more of them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »
I did not say it was a good thing.
But it is reality.

Brazil is one of the worst places to be an urchin. India is probably worse, as there are a lot more of them.

This is one of the things that make family a good idea.

It is not primarily property, it is the safety of the child as an individual and the shaping of the society as a collective effort.

Men are not really trapped in Marriage it is a means to make reproduction an equitable deal when the two sexes are not equally invested by nature.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »
Being gay is based on attraction. Adultery is a religion-defined judgement.

They're both based on actions/choices as generated by sexual urges.....period. ....end of sentence.  Some choices less moral than others
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »
And the definition of the word "moral" is related to some religion. There are LOTS of religions and they do not agree on what is "moral".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 05:19:56 PM »
Yes, morals are based on your upbringing, religious or not.  Murder is immoral.   Is that purely based on religion?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2015, 05:58:13 PM »
I think the Bible is a tad unclear on the Thou shalt not kill bit.

All those Malechites, Sodomites and Gomorrans, as well as the original inhabitants of Jericho,  they were murdered either at the command of Jehovah or by angels in executionary mode.

Do you not find it strange that Jehovah has not wiped out The Castro in San Francisco, Fire Island or Key West in the same fashion for the same reason?

There was that Russian astronaut, Gargarin, who went up in orbit and he declared that he saw no God or gods around. Look what happened to the builders of the Tower of Babel, and they were at a far lower altitude, and then there are all those really tall buildings in NYC, Dubai, Shanghai., Kuala Lumpur and Taipei.

Could it be that Jehovah is on vacation? Or were those tales just myths?

I am personally opposed to murder. I don't even agree with capital punishment as practiced in the US.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2015, 07:21:19 PM »
You're opposed to murder??  But why would that be?  Because its ........ MORALLY wrong perhaps?  And who taught you that??  That's the point, one's morals, as Kimba accurately referenced, are what you're brought up with, regardless of religion, although religion does play an integral role.  So, you can opine that someone else's morals are twisted, such as believing that homosexual behavior is immoral, but that'd be a judgment opinion...as in you are JUDGING SOMEONE ELSE.  That's NO DIFFERENT, that someone judging someone else's actions on what they've been brought up with

At the end of the day, choosing to be attracted to someone of the same sex is no different than choosing someone else's spouse.  Both are based on sexual urges.  Kind of along wanting something of forbidden fruit.  You shouldn't have it, based on a moral upbringing, so it makes you want it all the more.  Some choices, less moral than others.  Murder probably the worst moral choice...as in amoral

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
Choosing MY spouse is one thing, choosing someone else's, especially someone's I do not know, is just being a busybody. It does not affect me if Adam marries Steve. Wh I marry surely will affect me.

I do not believe in murder because I do not wish to get murdered. I can see the issue from someone else's point of view. It does not require brainwashing or catechism or threats from an invisible being.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
I think the Bible is a tad unclear on the Thou shalt not kill bit.
What part of "Thou"is unclear? God is not limited in reforming his creation.
All those Malechites, Sodomites and Gomorrans, as well as the original inhabitants of Jericho,  they were murdered either at the command of Jehovah or by angels in executionary mode.
Yes 
Do you not find it strange that Jehovah has not wiped out The Castro in San Francisco, Fire Island or Key West in the same fashion for the same reason?
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people.
Proverbs 14:34 NIV
I wouldn't be surprised, but the circumstance of Sodom was that it would be spared if a small number of righteous persons could be found there, God can forbear punishment on a large group for the sake of a tiny minority.

There was that Russian astronaut, Gargarin, who went up in orbit and he declared that he saw no God or gods around. Look what happened to the builders of the Tower of Babel, and they were at a far lower altitude, and then there are all those really tall buildings in NYC, Dubai, Shanghai., Kuala Lumpur and Taipei.

Could it be that Jehovah is on vacation? Or were those tales just myths?

I am personally opposed to murder. I don't even agree with capital punishment as practiced in the US.

Gagarin could have seen God in his own living room if he had known where to look.

Your question was once asked by a guy named Habakkuk 
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?version=NIV&search=Habakkuk%201

How long, Lord, must I call for help,
    but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
    but you do not save?

Why do you make me look at injustice?
    Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
    there is strife, and conflict abounds.

Therefore the law is paralyzed,
    and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
    so that justice is perverted.

The Lord’s Answer

“Look at the nations and watch—
    and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
    that you would not believe,
    even if you were told.

I am raising up the Babylonians,[a]
    that ruthless and impetuous people,
who sweep across the whole earth
    to seize dwellings not their own.

They are a feared and dreaded people;
    they are a law to themselves
    and promote their own honor.

Their horses are swifter than leopards,
    fiercer than wolves at dusk.
Their cavalry gallops headlong;
    their horsemen come from afar.
They fly like an eagle swooping to devour;

they all come intent on violence.
Their hordes advance like a desert wind
    and gather prisoners like sand.

They mock kings
    and scoff at rulers.
They laugh at all fortified cities;
    by building earthen ramps they capture them.

Then they sweep past like the wind and go on—
    guilty people, whose own strength is their god.”

So,... are you complaining that our comeuppance is taking too long?

The Chaldeans and Babylonians are still available .

I don't look forward to it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »
Sexual preference and sexual urges maybe confusingly different. The presence of the closet is again proof the urges are kept in check. Adultery is not the case at all.

The problem is probly we have a habit to lump things together and ignore the differences . Most subjects and issue gets this treatment. the general topic of sex itself tends confusingly gets misunderstood

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 08:35:32 PM »
Choosing MY spouse is one thing, choosing someone else's, especially someone's I do not know, is just being a busybody. It does not affect me if Adam marries Steve. Wh I marry surely will affect me.

I do not believe in murder because I do not wish to get murdered. I can see the issue from someone else's point of view. It does not require brainwashing or catechism or threats from an invisible being.

Nor does it require you to believe in an alternate being, Dr. Deflection. 

So as long as you don't get murdered, its an ok thing then??  Seriously??  Perhaps in your effort to try and rationalize yourself out of the hole you dug, its because murder is more so a severely moral wrong, that requires serious repercussions.  And that moral judgment, is one you made.  Which is fine.......AND THAT'S THE POINT 

And that also is extended to those who chose to act in being attracted and following thru with an adulterous relationship.  It doesn't affect me in any way, and the 2 people having the affair are obviously ok with it, and mutually consenting.  Still immoral in my book...just as acting out in a homosexual manner is.

Bottom lime is that you choose whatever you want to choose.  If you chose to be attracted to the opposite sex, good for you.  If you choose to be attracted to the same sex, that's fine as well.  I'll still judge it an immoral choice, but its your freedom & choice to act that way.  Notice that's not forcing my morals on you, or anyone else.  To each, their own.  Some choices, less moral, than others, and we are free to judge such acts as so.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:40:48 PM by sirs »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »
SIRS....it doesn't take long for unintended consequences to start popping up!

Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by
same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nathan-collier-montana-man-inspired-by-samesex-marriage-ruling-requests-right-to-wed-two-wives-10361612.html
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
I've never knowingly killed anyone. But i hope you all kniw i prefer not to but can and will if pushed. I'm a baptist but do not believe my religion is the deciding reason i do not kill. I dont kill because i've never seen a positive reason to do it. I've got alot of assholes in my life that taught me such actions don't lead to anything positive

This topic of morals has only the slightest hold on me due to a chunk of people who claim to be moral are in that group of assholes also.  Lets just say that the claim of morality in my opinion needs to be judged always

Two wives. Not a surprise. That goes with the subject of lumping sex topics