Author Topic: Are People Really "Born Gay"?  (Read 15650 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are People Really "Born Gay"?
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:25 PM »

Two wives. Not a surprise. That goes with the subject of lumping sex topics

There is a reason.

What interest and right does the state have to regulate marriage and other sex related stuff?

Is the states right to regulate different in each particular?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »
I've never knowingly killed anyone. But i hope you all kniw i prefer not to but can and will if pushed.

I don't know you that well, Kimba, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt   ;-)

This topic of morals has only the slightest hold on me due to a chunk of people who claim to be moral are in that group of assholes also.  Lets just say that the claim of morality in my opinion needs to be judged always

And no one is claiming otherwise Kimba.  The issue is this lack of tolerance by hard core leftists, who insist that anyone judging others based on their sense of morality is to be literally condemned as supposedly homophobic.  Literally, the epitome of intolerance by those who preach tolerance.  Notice also how there's no scientific support for the case of homosexuality, merely that "it occurs", and that's all the basis for giving it the thumbs up of acceptance.  A lot of things occur, as a percentage of acts by humans.  Doesn't make it DNA driven, as in, no control over it.  That's just rationalization cover.  People act out in all kinds of ways.....especially when the sexual drive is pushing the act

Two wives. Not a surprise. That goes with the subject of lumping sex topics

And why not.  If we're going to redefine marriage, anything is game at this point
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2015, 09:30:45 AM »
I do not see it as unusual that someone wants to make polygamy legal, but I do not think that there is enough support for polygamy among the people or sympathy for polygamy on the Court to make it legal.

At most, the issue will be defeated at the local level and the Supremes will not bother to consider it.

And the same would happen if someone wanted to marry his dog, his cat or his horse.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »
And the same would happen if someone wanted to marry his dog, his cat or his horse.

Hey maybe if someone wants to marry their horse....they were born that way!  ::)
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »
I do not see it as unusual that someone wants to make polygamy legal, but I do not think that there is enough support for polygamy among the people or sympathy for polygamy on the Court to make it legal.

Same was said for Homosexual marriage
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »
I all may require the folks not involved to see its ok. The reason gay marraige made it because the relatives,friends folks who kniw them found them worthy.

Notice we rarely if ever we hear someone who hates gays base thier opinion on gays they know.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »
Neither the public nor the court will approve of polygamy.
This is unrelated to the issue of gay marriage, and I doubt that the Supremes will even hear the case.

However, the polygamous families of the Mormon fundamentalists in Texas simply live together and the man marries no more than one woman.
I have not heard that any of them have been charged with bigamy. The patriarch was convicted of kidnapping and sex with a minor as well as welfare fraud, and they put him in prison.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
Also its not exactly a viable system.  American women has to agree to it . So not many men will have the option. On another post i talk about men giving up marraige so getting support for polygamy will be alot harder still.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »
Neither the public nor the court will approve of polygamy.

Why not?  The public didn't support homosexual marriage either.  Just give it time.....like Homosexual marriage required.  As long as the peoples involved are consenting, what's the problem?  It certainly can be made viable, with the appropriate corroborating/assistive legislation.  What's it to us if someone wants to marry more than 1 person?  In fact, a man should be able to marry a woman and another man, following this latest Supreme Court ruling. 

Just give it time

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

At most, the issue will be defeated at the local level and the Supremes will not bother to consider it.

How much support is needed?

There was an obvious majority against Gay marriages when Candidate Obama  was also against it, and a referendum in California (of all places) failed it.

There may not be much support for polygamy , or bestiality , but doesn't the recent Supreme court decision remove a layer of restriction from the state power to define marriage at all?

I don't think that the public needs to be consulted , the courts will tell us what we should think.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
Much more support would be needed than currently exists. Polygamy changes a social balance that gay marriage does not.

Wait until some court rules on this case. I do not think it has much of a chance.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »

Nor was there for Homosexual marriage either.  Just give it time.  Initially it was defeated at the local levels, but over time enough noise was made by the minority to get the courts to change

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »
Notice we rarely if ever we hear someone who hates gays base thier opinion on gays they know.

Notice your huge jump of faith that implies that if someone who supports how marriage has been defined for centuries 
and opposes gay-marriage they "hate gays" which is a big pile of untrue bullshit. Did Obama and Clinton "hate" gays just a few years ago? I have hired gay employees, promoted gay employees, chose a gay doctor, would vote for a gay, have a gay hairdresser.....I don't hate gays....that's laughable... but I do oppose gay marriage. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:18:08 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »
You have often said that you find gay sex utterly disgusting.

You are not in favor of their being treated equally.

You appear to have more than a few prejudices that you are incapable of seeing in yourself

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
Much more support would be needed than currently exists. ......

You have to be over estimating the support requirement.

If Gay persons represent 3% of us all , and less than 30% of them are eager to marry, then a minority of 1% can find its way to get its way.

Do you suppose that fewer than 1% of our population would like Polygamy?

Polygamy changes a social balance that gay marriage does not.

Wow, what social balance could you be referring to there?