Author Topic: Are People Really "Born Gay"?  (Read 15631 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are People Really "Born Gay"?
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2015, 11:56:40 PM »
  Lets admit that every human designed process has a failure rate.

The process of finding truth at trial has a failure rate , there is an effort to err on the side of caution.

But there is going to be a failure rate.

Is the better solution to make the punishment less deadly so that the innocent who get punished can tolerate it , or to make all possible use of science and skill to make the rate of failure small?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2015, 12:02:42 AM »
I think its ruben cantu but not really sure since that case didn`t mention the killer confessed

http://www.criminaljusticedegreesguide.com/features/10-infamous-cases-of-wrongful-execution.html

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »
its the belief thiers no failure rate for executions that got me to think abut it. everythings has an exception but not executions? what got me to really doubt it the fact in a radio dj show he talked about he didn`t care if a man got wrongfully executed and later on I notice that opinion was not exactly rare. so I started to have doubts that maybe people are not really giving their best to make sure the right folks are getting executed.

If a wrongfully convicted person gets as far as deathrow .is it really more difficult that some will get executed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2015, 01:11:44 AM »
If a wrongfully convicted person gets as far as deathrow .is it really more difficult that some will get executed.

That's why there's an appeals process.  Until someone has actually been wrongly executed, based on hard evidence, and not just hearsay or even someone else "confessing" after the fact, I have no problem with people on deathrow, if the court and jury came to that decision.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2015, 01:36:13 AM »
This illistration seems to fit this discussion.

http://lawcomic.net/guide/?p=2995

The whole thing is a description of how memory works and how the justice system uses it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »
That's why eye witness testimony alone doesn't warrant a death penalty for me for a convicted murderer
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »
I agree, one witness is insufficient.

If the accused gets a jail sentence, he can be set free.

If he is dead, all they can do is try to keep their mistake out of the media and play dumb.
Since most death sentences are given to people who are insignificant and perhaps guilty of lesser crimes, it is easy to avoid a big fuss being made.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."