Author Topic: What the Don does right  (Read 3661 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What the Don does right
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:31 PM »
BINGO      ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:38 PM »
Name one great president that was as deliberately offensive as Trump.
Even Nixon did not come close.

Tact and diplomacy are a prerequisite for any politician in a democracy with a free press.
Theodore Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Truman,  Abraham Lincoln.
Trump does not hire speech writers or PR people because he thinks is is smarter than they could ever possibly be.
To be any sort of effective president, a person has to be tactful and diplomatic and offend ad few people as possible.
This describes President Obama quite well , but he is hardly an effective president, Even though I like Carter quite a lot as a person , I don't think of him as effective.
He is not effective when he reveals that beneath his rough, slovenly exterior is a total  asshole.
Every company and every country ,like every person, requires at least one asshole.

He matches the sentiments of the Tea Party very closely, except, of course, for the fact that he has bazillions of dollars and is greedy for more, and they are merely greedy for more, because, you know, "they got to much already".

I don't believe you have a handle on the Tea party message , nor have I seen a connection to Trump as yet.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »
The Tea Party message that taxes are too high, they got too much already,  no one in Washington can do anything right, aliens should be driven out, and the border should be sealed seems to be pretty much what Trump is saying. The Teabaggers are ignorami, and so it Trump and both Trump and the Teabaggers are ignorant about the same things in the same way.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 06:34:40 PM »
The Tea Party message that taxes are too high, they got too much already,  no one in Washington can do anything right, aliens should be driven out, and the border should be sealed ...........................

So Trump agrees with them , or is following them?

I don't think he has been directly associated.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »
He is sucking up to them, because he is superficial and a know it all who knows nothing.  They are all Cliff Clayborn types.

Trump knows how to make money and to pass the risk off to unwitting suckers who are impressed by his money.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 12:03:30 AM »
speaking of Obama didn`t trump investigate Obama`s citizenship regarding the presidency and I don`t think I ever hear how that ended.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »

speaking of Obama didn`t trump investigate Obama`s citizenship regarding the presidency and I don`t think I ever hear how that ended.
============================

Why yes, he did. He claims to have hired some investigators to go to Honolulu to investigate.

His very last words on this were something like "I have some investoigators looking into this, and you would be surprised to learn what they are finding".

Shortly after that, Obama released the long form of his birth certificate, and not one more peep was hear from The Donald.

I think it ended when Trump's investigators told him there was no evidence of Obama being born anywhere other than in Honolulu. And of course, Obama was the son of an American mother, which makes him a citizen.

Trump will lie, he will steal, he will commit various sorts of fraud, but he is careful to do it in such a way as not to be arrested.

He put his name on several projects in the Miami Area that fell through, though he got paid several hundred thousand for the use of his name on them. He was partners with at least one Mafioso in this.

It is unwise to lend The Donald money for anything. You are very likely to lose it, and it is certain that he will not give it back.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 08:37:54 PM »

It is unwise to lend The Donald money for anything. You are very likely to lose it, and it is certain that he will not give it back.

This is true!

Donald Trump borrows big and sometimes pays back slowly.

When you owe the bank so much that the bank can't stand to foreclose you have leverage to renegotiate. Trump has done this.

So is this a disqualification for the US Presidency?

Seems like a common feature of Presidents .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 09:15:30 PM »
I don't think any US president has ever been involved in so many shady real estate deals. Juniorbush and his ripoff deal with the Texas Rangers did come close.

I would never vote for Trump. He is clearly disqualified in my book, because he is an egotistical grandstanding lout.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »
I don't think any US president has ever been involved in so many shady real estate deals. .................
This didn't disqualify the Clintons.

.......... because he is an egotistical grandstanding lout.
This describes a lot of Presidents, not Calvin Coolidge, but a majority of them.

Isn't having a high opinion of oneself in the job description?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »
No presidential nominee has ever come close to being as despicable an asshole as Trump.

Trump did not borrow and pay back slowly. He tricked others into borrowing in their own names and paying him for the use of his name, then took his cut and left them holding the bag with a failed project. He took the money and never paid it back.

Anyone who gets involved in a business with Trump is a dolt, based on experience.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

Trump did not borrow and pay back slowly. He tricked others into borrowing in their own names and paying him for the use of his name, then took his cut and left them holding the bag with a failed project. He took the money and never paid it back.

I believe it, but we must be speaking of different incidents.

These kind of things keep me from really being a Trump supporter, but the same sort of thing has been attached to Clinton's name and obviously didn't disqualify them.

Being an asshole as he is puts him squarely in the center of the series, as Presidents go.

Do you know some of the details of LBJ's early days?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 12:26:30 AM »
lets clarify is donald against immigration or only illegals.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 04:17:15 AM »
I would opine a 90/10 opposition....90% against illegal immigration, and the 10% that Mexico does in pushing their immigrants to cross illegally.  And that's including the millions of central & south americans that Mexico literally assists crossing their country, to place at our border

The left constantly harps about income inequality, when its these asinine immigration policies that flood the country with low, if not unskilled, poverty level workers
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 05:07:05 AM »
Doesn't thwt make 100% illegals?