Author Topic: How The Donald Screws up  (Read 1285 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How The Donald Screws up
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »
Oh, fer fuck's sake. Facts, truth, reality and other such inconveniences mean little to Donald Trump, who dismisses them with the wave of his hand and his now patented "I don't believe it" bullshit. Nor should he have to believe the experts, because he's "like, a really smart person," in case you missed it.

Present Trump with studies that show the prison population does not include more immigrants than the national population, and he simply "does not believe it," and swings right into his racist rant. Show him research that proves the U.S. is not being "invaded" by brown people from the south, but that immigration is actually down, and Trump ignores the facts and continues his fear-mongering. Bring up media reports that show immigrants do not commit an inordinate number of burglaries, murders and rapes, and he'll roll his eyes and scold the liberal press.

Facts, schmacks.

Now he's trying to cover up another Trump lie by blaming Phoenix fire marshals for allowing 15,000 to 20,000 people (his estimate) into an event here yesterday at the Convention Center. As yougotberned's recommended diary notes, Donald Trump has a funny notion of what 20,000 people looks like. But when confronted with the fact that the room's capacity is slightly more than 4,000, and the main security officer's clicker read 4,299, Trump did not back down from his 20,000 person estimate. Instead, he criticized Phoenix officials for allowing three or four times as many people in the room than code permits.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump posted a tweet Sunday claiming the City of Phoenix violated its fire code by allowing a crowd at his event Saturday that was more than three times the room's capacity.

Trump and his campaign were declaring through the day Saturday that there were 10,000, 15,000 or 20,000 people at the event at the Phoenix Convention Center. The hall where the rally was held has a maximum occupancy of 4,200.

Trump's tweets today said Phoenix officials "did not want to have thousands of people standing outside in the heat, so they let them in." Donald, if you happened to look at those people "standing outside in the heat," you'd notice they were protestors! (Who also made up some of the 4,200 in the hall.) The truth is, Convention Center officials offered the campaign a larger room, but Trump's people declined, because 4,000 or 5,000 in a room capable of holding 10,000 (a Sanders crowd) wouldn't present the right optics.

Every news organization estimated the Phoenix crowd at about 4,200—a decent size but not enough for Trump's fact-free ego, which demanded Bernie-like numbers. Still, fire officials were adamant that they did not permit 15,000 or 20,000 people into the space.

A spokeswoman for the Phoenix Fire Department and a person who was on-site Saturday and familiar with security arrangements said Trump was wrong.

"There's no way that would be allowed," said Phoenix Fire Department spokeswoman Shelly Jamison. "No one from Phoenix fire will be wowed by Donald Trump and turn the other cheek."

Speculation runs rampant here that Trump will select his anti-immigrant partner at the Phoenix event, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, as his running mate in 2016. Oh, please, please, please! If he does, Trump will have, like, 5 billion people at every event. Trust him, he'd know, he's really smart. So he says, as long as facts don't matter.

Originally posted to Maggie's Farm on Sun Jul 12, 2015 at 02:58 PM PDT.
Also republished by Phoenix Kossacks and Baja Arizona Kossacks.
Tags
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: How The Donald Screws up
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:44:16 PM »
   If the contest becomes Trump vs Clinton I shall vote for Trump eighty times a day for the whole early voting period.

This might be difficult in Georgia , but I don't think it would be too hard to drive to a state that respect racial rights too much to demand ID.

I hear that these places hardly ever catch anyone at this game.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
I encourage you to try.

I do not actually believe you.

The problem with requiring ID is not just the difficulty of getting the ID, but of being prohibited from voting because the ID shows a previous address or in the case of women, a different last name.  People who have hourly jobs cannot take time off to change their address or name as easily as more prosperous people who work at jobs that provide personal days, vacations, or simply time off to take care of such things.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »
You don't need to believe me, I could be joking.

But if I told you in all seriousness that I voted twenty times against Al Gore in 2000 by driving across Florida and voting everywhere that would let me in, how would you prove that I had not?

All you have to go on is that I am a Republican , and thus too trustworthy to even suspect of any form of cheating.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »
I would say that you did nothing of the sort because it would be practically impossible. In the first place, I had to show my Drivers License for the last elections, and my voter registration card, with my address on it, previous to that.  I would have taken far too much effort and expense to forge twenty voter registration cards.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 06:46:22 PM »
I would say that you did nothing of the sort because it would be practically impossible. In the first place, I had to show my Drivers License for the last elections, and my voter registration card, with my address on it, previous to that.  I would have taken far too much effort and expense to forge twenty voter registration cards.

I own a printer, I work in an organization with a better printer.
   Why would it be even slightly difficult?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 11:22:09 PM »
You did not do it, period.

This is a stupid conversation, have it with yourself.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 12:29:44 AM »
printers can`t do most state ID`s and thiers a program in the most newer systems that would ruin the copy. I was in the print business also. a lot of government documents can`t be copy by digital machines. it`s the reason you have to state how many copies of death cert. you want since copying it is not always possible.

don`t forget the color is off so a lot of trial and error to get it right if ever.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 04:58:38 AM »
It's not an issue that Plane specifically did or didn't do it, Professor.  The point is that it could be done, and who's to be the wiser until after the election is all said and done??  THAT's why photo ID is SO VITAL TO SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT AS IN ELECTING OUR REPRESENTATIVES, BONDS, PROPOSITIONS, & PRESIDENT.  And no, they are not hard to obtain.  IIRC, many states even provide such a service, at tax payers' expense of course
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 11:57:43 AM »
Present Trump with studies that show the prison population does not include more immigrants than the national population, and he simply "does not believe it," and swings right into his racist rant. Show him research that proves the U.S. is not being "invaded" by brown people from the south, but that immigration is actually down

Present bogus "facts" and pretend nobody will notice?
The prison population does include (not more) but a much higher percentage of illegal immigrants.
There are tens of millions of illegals here now and tens of thousands still streaming in...
Because the economy has been piss poor and illegal crossings have slowed a bit means nothing in the big picture.
To pretend illegal immigration has not and does not continue to be a huge problem is what is really ignoring the facts!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
printers can`t do most state ID`s and thiers a program in the most newer systems that would ruin the copy. I was in the print business also. a lot of government documents can`t be copy by digital machines. it`s the reason you have to state how many copies of death cert. you want since copying it is not always possible.

don`t forget the color is off so a lot of trial and error to get it right if ever.

That is the point.
  State ID is hard to counterfeit, and requiring it be presented at the polls is a good idea.

There are some states that haven't this requirement, yet and a voter can present easily counterfeited non picture IDs.

Democrats are not at all worried that Republicans will exploit this , and they exhibit consternation that Republicans do not return this trust.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/voter-id-laws-by-state---proving-that-you-can-vote/2014/10/25/11727898-5cb5-11e4-8264-deed989ae9a2_graphic.html

Twenty States still require no ID.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 09:17:29 PM »
Voter impersonation is a very, very rare crime.
I do not believe one word of your blathering.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
Voter impersonation is a very, very rare crime.
I do not believe one word of your blathering.

Oh?

How does anyone know?

If there is no ID requirement it could be very common indeed.

What is rare indeed is a black person who is not intelligent enough to obtain an ID. Though to hear the Democratic demagogues this would be a very significant number of black people , but rare among whites.. ....

Say anyone got a definition of "racist " that leaves an attitude like that out?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »
That makes no sense.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 10:03:31 PM »
That makes no sense.

Not if you do not want it to.

I have read that in Maine there were two prosecutions for illegal voting in about a half century.

But what if most of the votes were Canadians?

What would prevent this?

Recognition of accent?, Eh?