Author Topic: Disgraceful Planned Parenthood  (Read 15231 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Disgraceful Planned Parenthood
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »
Fetuses are not babies in my book. 

Which was repeated back a century+ ago...by Southern Plantation owners...."Blacks are property, and less a person, in my book"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:46 AM »

(2) Women VOLUNTEER to have abortions. Planned Parenthood does not kidnap them and abort anyone against her will

No one has ever given permission to be aborted.

Killing these children is very simply wrong to do.

Are these women harmed when the choose to kill their children ?

Obviously the aborted suffer from being crushed , cut or scalded to death, but have you ever considered the consequence that the women who choose to kill their child suffer?

Jane Roe thought long and hard about it.

In June 1969, Norma L. McCorvey discovered she was pregnant with her third child. She returned to Dallas, Texas, where friends advised her to assert falsely that she had been raped in order to obtain a legal abortion (with the understanding that Texas law allowed abortion in cases of rape and incest). However, this scheme failed because there was no police report documenting the alleged rape. She attempted to obtain an illegal abortion, but found the unauthorized site had been closed down by the police. Eventually, she was referred to attorneys Linda Coffee and Sarah Weddington.[11] (McCorvey would give birth before the case was decided.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

...McCorvey's second book, Won by Love, was published in 1998. She explained her change on the stance of abortion with the following comments:

I was sitting in O.R.'s offices when I noticed a fetal development poster. The progression was so obvious, the eyes were so sweet. It hurt my heart, just looking at them. I ran outside and finally, it dawned on me. 'Norma', I said to myself, 'They're right'. I had worked with pregnant women for years. I had been through three pregnancies and deliveries myself. I should have known. Yet something in that poster made me lose my breath. I kept seeing the picture of that tiny, 10-week-old embryo, and I said to myself, that's a baby! It's as if blinders just fell off my eyes and I suddenly understood the truth — that's a baby!
I felt crushed under the truth of this realization. I had to face up to the awful reality. Abortion wasn't about 'products of conception'. It wasn't about 'missed periods'. It was about children being killed in their mother's wombs. All those years I was wrong. Signing that affidavit, I was wrong. Working in an abortion clinic, I was wrong. No more of this first trimester, second trimester, third trimester stuff. Abortion — at any point — was wrong. It was so clear. Painfully clear.[4]

Shortly thereafter, McCorvey released a statement that affirmed her entrance into the Roman Catholic Church, and she has been confirmed into the church as a full member.

In February 2005, McCorvey petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn the 1973 decision with McCorvey v. Hill, arguing that she had standing to do so as one of the original litigants and that the case should be heard once again in light of what she claimed was evidence that the procedure harms women, but the petition was denied because the matter was moot.

On January 22, 2008, McCorvey endorsed Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. McCorvey stated, "I support Ron Paul for president because we share the same goal, that of overturning Roe v. Wade. He has never wavered on the issue of being pro-life and has a voting record to prove it. He understands the importance of civil liberties for all, including the unborn."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norma_McCorvey

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »
The decision whether it ia right or wrong is the prospective mother's. Fetuses get no vote, because they are not people. They certainly are not voting age, either.

I do not care who wrote a book to sell to fools and obsessed womanhaters.

None of your arguments impress me. 

Women have the right to choose. That simple.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2015, 08:07:59 PM »
The decision whether it ia right or wrong is the prospective mother's. Fetuses get no vote, because they are not people. They certainly are not voting age, either.

I do not care who wrote a book to sell to fools and obsessed womanhaters.

They are not people strictly because you say so.
It makes the same sense as if to say that Norwegians are not people .

Or pick any difference you want , beyond this difference there is no person .

It is Dredd Scott all over again.

There was a minority opinion dissenting in the Dredd Scott decision, the dissenting justices felt that the inhumanity of black people was insufficiently proven.

Which I feel applies the same to these children.

Women having a much stronger right to choose would not bother me , if the choice did not include legal killing.

You don't care who wrote that book because you didn't read anything there, that is Jane Roe who had decades to consider her mistake .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
The decision whether it ia right or wrong is the prospective mother's. Fetuses get no vote, because they are not people.

They are not people strictly because you say so.

It is Dredd Scott all over again.

There was a minority opinion dissenting in the Dredd Scott decision, the dissenting justices felt that the inhumanity of black people was insufficiently proven.

Which I feel applies the same to these children.

Women having a much stronger right to choose would not bother me , if the choice did not include legal killing.

You don't care who wrote that book because you didn't read anything there, that is Jane Roe who had decades to consider her mistake .

BINGO!!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:35 PM »
There is no Bingo, sirs. Not even a B.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2015, 12:22:08 AM »
Lol.....because you say so?  Ahhh, the greater you protest how spot on someone else was, the more spot on it must have been

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2015, 01:46:25 AM »
I did not read the whole thing but am pretty sure its the same old arguement but like to put this out there.

Maybe we have waay too much shame about giving birth to a child for abortions to stop. Notice very little talk about the motivation about this.

We finally cut single mom incidence due to tv shows that show realistic problem of having child that young.

Making abortions a problem didn't seem to work so maybe address the motivation that leads to it. It seems whats done now isn't working and very old.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2015, 04:42:17 AM »
Making abortions a problem didn't seem to work so maybe address the motivation that leads to it. It seems whats done now isn't working and very old.

Yes , and this is where the fathers can also be influenced so that they do not individually put lots of pressure on women to have sex before either or both are ready to deal with a successful pregnancy.

It isn't complicated to decide that you don't want to have, or cause, a pregnancy that must be ended by crushing your child's skull.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Dred Scott, and everything to do with personal freedom.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
Dred Scott had everything to do with personal freedom as well,  Especially in how callous the amoral minority is in trying to demonize & dehumanize the slave/child

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2015, 12:18:21 PM »
You prefer to demonize pregnant women, and punish them with unwanted children as well. That is far worse.

They are poor women, many of them Black. This is even counterproductive, as if they are born and grow up they will, when they are not going postal on your beloved cops, vote for Democrats. Only one in a thousand will become a future Rick Scott.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2015, 12:24:55 PM »
Who the hell said they had to keep an unwanted child??  You use protection or you put the child up for adoption, if you don't want a child.     :o

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2015, 07:56:18 PM »
   Birth control could be improved , perhaps even subsidized .

Better than killing children.

Using Abortion as if it were mere birth control is much like using war as population control.

War has a cost to sting even those who do not go to war , in that the general ambient respect for life is reduced.
     Abortion is like that, we all get hard hearted .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »
If we subsidized birth control, there would be fewer abortions.
Imagine what Rush Limbaugh would say about that.

Two important companies, Hobby Lobby, Inc. and Chik-Fil-A, Inc. are both opposed to birth control.
The Constitution protects the religious beliefs of such entities, they say.