Author Topic: Sanders looking shinier & shinier  (Read 2121 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sanders looking shinier & shinier
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »
Well.....at this rate, the Oligarchy won't get their bought and payed for girl.  Now apparently 2 independent Inspector General Offices, have concluded that there's enough concern, given the level of "questionability & veracity" to the claims that no official classified State Dept correspondence on her private e-mail account, to request that the AG's office open an investigation.  No, this wasn't the GOP controlled Senate or House.  This was the IG's office

Of course, does anyone actually think Obama's AG is actually going to open an investigation?  Of course not.  But the PR is going to be an ever growing nightmare for Hillary and leave a beacon of a smile for Bernie
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Sanders looking shinier & shinier
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:05 PM »
SIRS.....Hillary is a disaster waiting to happen for the Democrats.
I still do not see how they can nominate her.
Americans do not trust her, she is out of touch, has all the baggage, and is not a people person.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/23/criminal-inquiry-sought-in-hillary-clintons-use-of-email.html
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
Refesh my memory.....wasn't it the Oligarchy who wanted her back in 2008?...but then came the Obama express?  Of course at that time, her incompetence in a leadership role, hadn't reached a pinnacle yet.  Now with no Obama in the room to take the spotlight off her, we can all see the cracks, thru the media made make-up.  All that baggage and slimy anything-BUT-transparent politicing.  With Obama you got polarzing Chicago-like brute politics.  With the Clintons, its really just slimy.  You practically have to take a shower after bringing them up in conversation
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:02:19 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:42:51 PM »

Hillary's email troubles deepen

By Martin Matishak and Ben Kamisar

July 24, 2015

Federal officials on Friday confirmed they have been asked to investigate Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of State, deepening the political controversy surrounding the 2016 Democratic front-runner.

Clinton and her team fiercely pushed back at reports that two inspectors general have asked the Justice Department to look into whether sensitive information was mishandled in connection with her private account.

"Maybe the heat is getting to everybody," Clinton quipped during an economic address in New York City in which she decried "inaccuracies" in the reports.

But the reports gave a new opening to congressional Republicans, who seized the opportunity to renew their calls that Clinton hand over her personal server as part of their investigation in the deadly 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

The news overshadowed an Clinton's speech and accentuated a challenging week for her campaign marked by a new poll showing her losing head-to-head match-ups with three top GOP White House contenders in the swing states of Virginia, Colorado and Iowa.

Republicans have seized on the revelation that Clinton used a private server while heading the State Department to paint her as untrustworthy, an issue where polls suggest she is vulnerable.

This week's poll by Quinnipiac University showed large majorities of voters in Iowa, Virginia and Colorado, three swing states Democrats hope to win, do not find her honest and trustworthy. The margin in the Colorado poll between those who don't trust her and those who do was almost 2-to-1. 

The new email troubles started late Thursday, when The New York Times reported that two inspectors general have asked the Justice Department to determine "whether sensitive government information was mishandled in connection with the personal email account" of Clinton.

A second report by The Wall Street Journal on Friday said the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community told Congress in a letter that at least four emails out of a small sampling of 40 from her Clinton's server should have been classified as "secret."

Clinton argued the reports were misleading, and media outlets backtracked on an initial report that watchdogs had requested a "criminal probe," something Justice said was incorrect.

"We all have a responsibility to get this right, I have released 55,000 pages of emails, I have said repeatedly that I will answer questions in front of the House committee," Clinton said at her address in New York, where she outlined a tax plan and endorsed New York's move toward a $15 minimum wage.

"We are all accountable to the American people to get their facts right, and I will do my part, but I will also stay focused on the issues," added Clinton, who let her frustration with the stories show.

Democrats rallied to Clinton's defense, characterizing the referral from the federal watchdogs as routine.

"It is appalling that people who want to attack Secretary Clinton continue to leak inaccurate information to generate bogus stories and front-page headlines," said Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), the top Democrat on the House Select Committee on Benghazi who has become a vocal defender of Clinton.

Still, the news that watchdogs are requesting a deeper investigation of the emails ensures the fight over the private server will go on, creating a persistent headache for Clinton.

"If Secretary Clinton truly has nothing to hide, she can prove it by immediately turning over her server to the proper authorities and allowing them to examine the complete record," Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said in a statement.

"What these reports demonstrate is the inherent risk of conducting our nation's diplomacy and foreign policy on your home email and personal server," he added. "Her poor judgment has undermined our national security and it is time for her to finally do the right thing."

The government watchdogs that made the referral on Friday afternoon issued a joint statement explaining their concerns. "This classified information should never have been transmitted via an unclassified personal system," the inspectors general for the State Department and intelligence community said.

The watchdogs said the "main purpose" of their referral to Justice "was to notify security officials that classified information may exist on at least one private server and thumb drive that are not in the government's possession."

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chairman of the Benghazi Committee, homed in on the question of whether Clinton ever sent classified material on her personal server.

"There is clearly sufficient cause to examine the contents of said server for the presence of other classified information," Gowdy said in a statement.

Back in March, when Clinton confirmed the use of her personal email account, she categorically denied sending emails on it that contained classified information. "I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material," Clinton said at the time. "I'm certainly aware of the classified requirements and did not send classified material."

Congressional Republicans have tried to hang those words around her neck, and they are likely to pound the issue in the weeks to come as they seek a forensic analysis of her email server.

Gowdy said he "appreciates" that the agency watchdogs involved "have confirmed this is a serious and nonpartisan national security matter by any objective measure."

Despite the rekindled controversy, Clinton pressed on at the previously scheduled speech, making her brief fiery comments before shifting back to her economic message.

As she left the stage, the Gym Class Heroes song "The Fighter" echoed from the speakers.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/249149-hillarys-email-troubles-deepen

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:16:32 PM »
The real question is whether any damage was done by her allegedly using a private server.
I have seen no proof that any damage was done.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »
That's not the issue.  "Damage" would simply be the coup-de-gras, to any future political office.  The issue is 1st and foremost that she even used a private server for government functions, to begin with, completely contrary to policy & law, not to mention the sworn statement she signed, when she joined the Obama camp as SoS.  Then compounded that when she lied claiming she never used it to send classified information.  Which is why 2 separate IG offices are filing motions for an investigation, since that doesn't pass the smell test.  And none of it able to be corroborated, outside of "her word", since it was a private server to begin with, separate from any legislative oversight. 

Same ol same ol.....1 set of rules for the Clintons, and one set of rules for the rest of us

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »
That IS the real issue.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »
The real question is whether any damage was done by her allegedly using a private server.
I have seen no proof that any damage was done.

Is that the same logic of it's "ok to run STOP signs if nothing bad happens"...?

Maybe make STOP signs optional?....oh wait a minute...that's called a Yield Sign.  ::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 06:55:11 PM »
That IS the real issue.

You wish.  Better pray that the coup-de-gras doesn't come to fruition

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 10:12:01 PM »
  I have a government job myself.

There are rules for computer security.

If I break some of them, the great harm would be me getting fired.