Author Topic: This will cheer up the Professor  (Read 1545 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This will cheer up the Professor
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:41:26 PM »
....and provide some context to this "Iran deal"

As sanctions are eased and assets are unfrozen, the total amount of financial windfall heading Iran's way is estimated to be as high as $150 billion. If so, the Iran deal would give more cash to Iran than the $124.3 billion U.S. has given in total aid to Israel..... since 1948.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: This will cheer up the Professor
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »
I am no friend of Iran. But  this is not foreign aid, this is money that belongs to Iran that has been held for as long as 38 years, plus interest. To keep it would be a form of theft. Iran paid in advance for stuff and sold oil on credit and was never paid, because of the Ayatollah's revolution.

This is nowhere near all the money that the US has given to Israel, because what you quote does not include loans that were forgiven and never paid back and billions in taxes that were not paid by Jews because all money sent to Israel was a charitable donation.

I oppose allowing that fucking Netanyahu manipulate my country. I oppose the same being done by the asshole ayatollahs as well.

I did not think much of Ollie North, Poindexter and Reagan selling military equipment to the Iranians, either, and then sending the money off to finance goons in Central America.

The idea of a country based on religion, being Jewish, Christian or Islamic is a really bad idea.

But what I oppose most of all is another Middle East war, or even paying for Israel to do a preemptive strike.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »

....But what I oppose most of all is another Middle East war, ..........

I suppose a very strong majority of Americans would agree, with this.

How is our involvement likely to prevent or reduce middle eastern war?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
Even if Iran had a bomb, I doubt they would use it. Israel also has a bomb, and they have not used it.

Iran is too far away to have territorial ambitions on Israel. The Iranians detest Israel because the Jews evicting the Palestinians was unjust. But nuking Israel would result in the extermination of thousands of Palestinians and "Israeli Arabs" as Israelis call their Palestinians citizens.

The biggest problem would be if radicals were to take over Bahrain or Saudi Arabia and they had a bomb.

I do not see Iran as a threat to the US at all. We do not need Middle Eastern oil anymore.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »
Even if Iran had a bomb, I doubt they would use it. Israel also has a bomb, and they have not used it.

Because Israel has not gone on record in proclaiming death to Iran.  You somehow ignore the foundation of Iran's hatred towards Israel.  Not to mention much of the rest of the Islamofascist terrorists.  It's what compels folks to martyr themselves, that being its religion based, and has nothing to do with trying to gain territory.  That might be the case with Iran's Arab neighbors, but not Israel.  There is no doubt that they'd use it.....on their timetable of course, and deal with any repercussions after the fact.  That's why WE, as in the U.S., had been making it crystal clear that a nuclear Iran was simply UNACCEPTABLE

And now we've reneged on that red line.  So at this point, Israel has the green light to do whatever it they believe they need to do, for their very existance.  Isn't it ironic, that the supposed goal of reaching some "deal" was to avert war, and instead, this deal sets in motion an inevitable one.  Bravo Obama
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle