Author Topic: Voter disenfranchisement, John Roberts and Ted Cruz  (Read 1652 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Voter disenfranchisement, John Roberts and Ted Cruz
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 05:45:28 AM »
You can download a copy of the Commission's complaint form at the bottom of this webpage. Pursuant to Rule 2B-1.0025(4), Florida Administrative Code, your complaint must meet the following criteria in order to be considered legally sufficient.

The complaint alleges a violation of Chapter 104 or 106 or Section 105.071, Florida Statutes;
The complaint was made under oath in the presence of a notary public or other person authorized by law to administer oaths;
The complaint contains the original signature of the complainant;
The complaint contains specific facts upon which the complainant bases the allegation of a violation of law; and
The complaint alleges a violation that occurred within two years of the date the complaint is filed with the Commission.

When completed, mail the complaint with your original signature to: The Florida Elections Commission 107 West Gaines Street Suite 224, Collins Building Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050.

http://www.fec.state.fl.us/FECWebFi.nsf/pages/Complaints

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »
Notice how complicated all this is.
It is like asking Black voters to recite the Alabama Constitution verbatim to be able to vote.

Guess who wrote this mess. REPUBLICANT'S!

It would be worthless to do this now, as more than two years have passed.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 01:31:52 PM »
Urban locations were chosen to close early voting. The Governor and his flunkies knew the turnouts and ran all the data through a program that would give them the maximum number of Republican votes.  Then specific precincts and early voting sites were selected.

The idea was to inconvenience more Democrats than Republican'ts .

This was done in the same way that advertising effectiveness is done. You don't advertise AfroSheen on Murder She Wrote, and you don't advertise Preparation H on Soul Train/

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »

I see.....so now you're demeaning the intelligence of blacks? 

Or

Is it complicated for EVERYONE, there by disenfranchising no one?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »

Yes ,, I am still looking , I don't believe that the complaints you have been making are a good fit for the Florida elections commission, the commission has a narrow focus in that it only accepts complaints or attempts enforcement on a very few statutes.

This may be better addressed with public campaigning for openness and reform, even when it is not easy voting counts.

Georgia used to have bitter complaining about Gerrymandering, and the legislature was freely admitting that they used the best science that they could to place the district lines where the incumbents and the incumbent party would have the best advantage.

Then the advantage was overcome finally,.. and the gerrymander shoe went on the other foot.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
I read where several people DID complain, and of course, since the North Miami representative and senator to the State legislature are Democrats, they lambasted the legislature and the governor. I did not have to wait to vote in 2014. Whether I will have to wait in 2016 remains to be seen.

I had to wait on the third day for early voting. In 2016 I will go the FIRST day.