Author Topic: Flowchart: should I vaccinate my child?  (Read 13077 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Flowchart: should I vaccinate my child?
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2015, 09:15:55 PM »
But its ok now......we have Obamacare which can cover any conditions that come up, for those who might choose not to vaccinate
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »
If there is a medical emergency and vaccinations will prevent an epidemic, any sane US government would vaccinate everyone and worry about lawsuits later.
This has nothing at all to do with the ACA. Epidemics are dealt with by the CDC.

Currently, there are no diseases that would fit the criteria for a mandatory vaccination.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »
I think it's more about the changing times. We have access to more info and can easily find data to support anything we believe.

I don't believe childhood disease will spread like wildfire but the trend of refusing will have an effect in our population.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 09:00:32 AM »
I think that we can depend on the CDC to provide correct information of the threat of diseases to the population of this country. Preventing epidemics and any spread of any disease that could be prevented with vaccines should never be a political issue.

The role of the government would be to use the CDC to inform the people of the truth about vaccines. False rumors, such as the one that vaccines cause autoism, need to be squelched in the minds of the public.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »
the problem is vaccine do have a small degree of risk and it has been downplayed to such a degree some people will mistrust it. the anti-vaccine folks does bring it up but it never gets address .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
I don't think that there is necessarily a connection between rumors people might hear about the possible dangers of a vaccine and the actual dangers, if any, the vaccine might pose.

Rumors can range from accurate to wildly incorrect. Some person might see  a 13 or a 666 in a number associated with a vaccine and they might go ape, and see it as a part of Armageddon or the Antichrist.

If I heard a rumor that sounded plausible, I would contact the CDC or someone in a public health department that had actual training about vaccines.

I would not trust some airheaded person just because they appeared on Oprah.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2015, 01:09:01 PM »
the most reason I hear people avoid those shot is they get sick from them. but when is brought up it is largely ignored or told its inthier head. their are somethings that should never be told to a person and "it`s in your head is on the top of the list"

it`s fact to a quite afew people do get ill from these shot but most recover very quickly.

one of the problems is it`s not and cannot be 100% safe. so the ones who do get very sick and some do die from it will have very vocal and negative response.

I`m totally for vaccines for but acknowledge the risks involved. the risks is extremely small percentage wise. but percentage wise someone will get a bad reaction.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »
There is something like a reverse placebo effect in which people who think something will make them ill actually does.
They say that Australian Aborigine shamans have a sort of ritual in which they "point a bone" at someone, and that someone gets ill or even drops dead.

http://www.lasseteria.com/CYCLOPEDIA/215.htm